A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,466
Currently Running With Scissors:
683 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rose petal beads bracelet  (Read 782 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

doaflip
« on: July 06, 2009 03:57:16 AM »

So after seeing this awesome post http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=284812.0 a few months back I was totally inspired. When Summer finally rolled around here in England I couldn't wait to give this a go.
This was actually my second attempt, my first batch went a bit funky. I made a few changes to the method. I wazzed up my petals in a blender until they were as pulpy as I could get them, then added them to a pan and topped up with water until they were covered with about an inch or so extra. I then brought them to simmering point for about 10 minutes two or three times a day on a low heat, for I think 6 days. I neglected to take any progress shots, but the mixture went an odd dusky, pinky brown colour. It smelled so awesome until the last day when my phone rang, and I got distracted and the mixture accidentally boiled, d'oh! I think it might be an idea to get hold of some Rose oil in case that happens next time. I then wazzed everything up in the blender again, and strained the pulp through some Muslin. I rolled the dough into balls about twice the size I wanted them, covered them in some clean, dry Muslin and let them dry on the side for 2 days, with a few hours outside in the sunshine as well. Then I drilled holes through them with my trusty rotary tool. My failed batch went from bad to worse when I attempted to pierce holes in them halfway through the drying process. The other change I made was not to use the remaining water on the beads. They are solid and sturdy, and since the water had lost it's scent I didn't see any reason to use it.
Anyway, well done for getting through my wordy waffle, here's a picture of the finished product. I plan on making matching earrings soon. Thanks for looking Smiley

« Last Edit: July 06, 2009 03:58:25 AM by doaflip » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tumblr      Etsy     Twitter
craftydebs

Just too busy being fabulous!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009 12:35:16 PM »

Wow, I know those beads take a lot of work and patience to make!  Very nice job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

May you be in heaven for thirty minutes before the devil even knows you are dead.- Old Irish Toast

http://wists.com/craftydebs
jewelrymakingsullpies
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009 02:48:02 AM »

Hi

Nice beads very pretty i like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 21/21
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 20/21
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 11/21
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 12/21
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 13/21
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...