A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,161
Currently Running With Scissors:
700 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ^.^ Altoid Tin Book!!! A 50 reasons for my momsie! =Picture Morbidly OBESE=  (Read 12412 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Chocolate_Jo

Can I have some fishy crackers?

View Profile WWW
« on: July 06, 2009 12:19:17 AM »

SO! My mom has done a whole lot for my three brothers and me over the years and I just wanted to make her something to show my appreciation about 17 years late...
I had seen http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=226651.0 and super uber LUFFED the idea of a little '52 reasons book' and then I saw http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=295554.0 and super uber luffed it also. SO! I decided to sorta mesh the two ideas and made a '50 Reasons I Love Mom' book and decorated an altoids tin for it to go in.

+ The front of the altoid tin +

(and the green ribbon sticking out form the side is not just random, it is attached to the inside bottom of the tin and you pull up on it and it lifts the book out)
+ The back, just because I have issues leaving bare spaces +

+ The tin open (I was blondeeeeee Tongue) +

+ The book!! +

+ The book opened up (I am rather fond of the plaid paper!!) +

+ Some of my favorite random pages +

lol Our van, and we have a running joke with my mom about how she doesnt like taking us places all the time. (We are ridiculously busy teenagers ^.^)

My DADDD!!! I am thinking about making him a book too, just..more..manish..
((Sorry about the bad picture quality. My camera and I arent on very good speaking terms right now.))

I was rather insanely proud of the cards!!! And spit! is the best card game EVER that my mom taught me Smiley

*gigglesnort* yes.she doessometimes she will cringe when I ask her to come look at something lol

<3

I do not know why this one came out yellow?? If my camera and I were speaking, Id ask it. BUT!

You assuring me that the random bumps and rashes I got growing up werent cancer even though I thought they were
Easily my favorite lol I was a spastic child who would jump out of the shower after discovering a new freckle and demand my mother pronounce it benignlol

I wish I could post all fifty!!! I want to make another one of these, it was very addictive, I must say. I spent about three days on it, staying up until freakish hours of the morning, because I am one of those instant craft gratification people who need to see the finished product NOW. ^.^

And just because I was highly impressed with the mess I mademy room while I was doing this;

My mom walked by one time while my door was open and was like Wowyou are going to clean this up, correct? lol yes mom ^.^

Okay see the vent underneath the window? That was where I was sitting. lol and five hours of sitting on a vent tends to make ones rear end very chilly ^.^

Please comment!! YAY!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009 08:19:02 AM by Chocolate_Jo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Atrandom
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009 01:19:32 AM »

As a daughter and mum2be, it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I'm sure your mother will be the happiest mother on earth when she receives it! Smiley I hope that you didn't make her clean your room, though... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
midnight

I live where hens catch mice and cats lay eggs

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009 01:53:36 AM »

this actually made me well up. it is simply beautiful and i may have to steal your wonderful ideas at some point.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midnight_Satyne

Waxing Lyrical and Tripping the Light Fantastic
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009 01:55:09 AM »

Oh I love this so much, I am glad that my little tin gave you inspiration, I am so impressed with how you managed to fit 52 reasons into yours. I am a mom too and your project made me a little teary, its gorgeous.

I also laughed at your room. I am the same, totally the instant gratification type and I make a big mess too when I am driven to get something done.

Let us know your moms reaction,
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Angry Angel
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009 04:24:12 AM »

That's brilliant! I love how much fun you obviously had making it, and it's clear your Mum did a fantastic job of bringing you up to get so much love back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lucyravenscar.etsy.com
lucyravenscar.blogspot.com
lucyravenscar.tumblr.com
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009 06:20:13 AM »

This is brilliant, funny, well made and very thoughtful. I love the binding, and would like to know where you got those rings to put in them.

I especially like your messy room, because I think my craft space(s), yes, they are all over the house, looks just like yours after finishing a project.

We should all appreciate someone every day and keep a journal of who we appreciate today. I think I may make a flip calendar like the catalog challenge and leave white spaces open to write in.  Maybe I will have it complete by 2010.

Your mom is very pretty in the inside cover and you look like a happy child (congrats for getting through with 3 brothers).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
fabricfriend
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009 08:10:20 AM »

Another use for an altoid tin. What a great idea and I know she will love it-I would!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chocolate_Jo

Can I have some fishy crackers?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009 08:10:37 AM »

As a daughter and mum2be, it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I'm sure your mother will be the happiest mother on earth when she receives it! Smiley I hope that you didn't make her clean your room, though... Cheesy

hahaha no, that is not how it goes down at our house (I wish though!)...she did make me clean it, but I already want to make something else so I've got a feeling its going to return to its natural state in a few hours... Smiley

this actually made me well up. it is simply beautiful and i may have to steal your wonderful ideas at some point.

aww thank you?!?! I really wasn't trying to make everyone cry, but mom cried too and then chased daddy down and made him read it lol (he didn't cry) If you make one Id super uber luff to see it!!

Oh I love this so much, I am glad that my little tin gave you inspiration, I am so impressed with how you managed to fit 52 reasons into yours. I am a mom too and your project made me a little teary, its gorgeous.

I also laughed at your room. I am the same, totally the instant gratification type and I make a big mess too when I am driven to get something done.

Let us know your moms reaction,

thank yous!! lol my dad came in my room at 4:30 am the other night and was likeWhy on earth are you still up??? Go to bed, now!!  It about killed me because I was on the very last page! lol

My mom cried and said This is really what youve been making for the past three days? hehe I think she liked it Smiley

That's brilliant! I love how much fun you obviously had making it, and it's clear your Mum did a fantastic job of bringing you up to get so much love back.

hehe Thank you!! Im serious, making the pages was addddddicccctivvvve. if I hadnt already quadruple modpodged the original number of reasons on the front I would have done more Smiley I think she did a very good job, although she says she shouldnt have been allowed to take us home from the hospital. hehehe thanks again!!

This is brilliant, funny, well made and very thoughtful. I love the binding, and would like to know where you got those rings to put in them.

I especially like your messy room, because I think my craft space(s), yes, they are all over the house, looks just like yours after finishing a project.

We should all appreciate someone every day and keep a journal of who we appreciate today. I think I may make a flip calendar like the catalog challenge and leave white spaces open to write in.  Maybe I will have it complete by 2010.

Your mom is very pretty in the inside cover and you look like a happy child (congrats for getting through with 3 brothers).

I know I keep saying thank you, but seriously, thank you!!! hehe a lot!! I used like this, shiny cardstock stuff I found somewhere for the cover and the rings I made out of different embroidery flosses (and each of the colors matches a color on the cover!!(yes I am slightly color spastic))

lol YES! I try to explain to my parents that its not a mess, its a workspace.

The argument iscoming alongish ^.^

The calendar a great idea!! You should totally do that, and take gobs of pictures!!

Thank you Smiley and three brothersI..yeahlol, its a constant party of sorts ^.^

THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009 12:30:55 PM »

Do you work on the floor btw? I didnt see a table amongst all your supplies? Gawd bless your back if you are doing all that on floor, you need a desk!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009 12:42:25 PM »

Do you work on the floor btw? I didnt see a table amongst all your supplies? Gawd bless your back if you are doing all that on floor, you need a desk!

Where would she put it??? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Using a Speedlight Softbox
Using a Hoodman Loupe Without A Lanyard
Using Honl for SpeedLight Accessories
Using Paint Poles for Backdrops
Rechargeable Battery Solutions
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...