A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,567
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mermaids mysterys of the sea su 07/06- 07/18  (Read 14034 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zen_crafter

Be the change you want to see in the world

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2009 11:58:40 AM »

Ok, time to get my thinking hat cranked up; tried to craftster-stalk my partner but didn't find anything, not even in this thread. Ummmmm I dunno! I was able to pull up her myspace tho. 

I would ask her to start a wist if she does not have one. I don't understand why anyone does not have one...It is the most fab thing on earth, easy and free...you get great ideas from them and partners can see what REALLY makes a partner happy!! Just food for thought....

I think from now on when I org a swap I will make a WIST a requirement...it just makes it easier on partners...

I'm sorry, this is my first swap and I didn't know what a WIST was.  I have since learned the error of my ways and set one up.  It is really fun and addictive!!  Grin 

But, I think I agree-if someone doesn't want to start one you shouldn't make it an obligation.  Perhaps people are more private about their likes and would prefer to tell their partner directly versus publicly showing the world.  For instance, my myspace profile is set to private because I only want my friends/family knowing and seeing what I post online.  Some people are more private than others-besides we need to be carefull on the internet...you never know who is watching.  (insert scary music)  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She who dies with the most fabric, wasted a lot of time!!

www.EnrightDesigns.etsy.com

www.wists.com/zen_crafter
ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2009 12:25:42 PM »

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to make having a wist a requirement. Some swaps already do that. For example, the Crafty Detective Swaps require you not only to have a wist, but have at least 75 items on it! If someone doesn't want a wist, then don't join the swap. A wist doesn't have to be too personal either, I only put stuff I want swap partners to see on there. Or, sometimes I put stuff on there and mark it private. That way I'm the only one who sees it.
That's just my two cents any way.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TexasThistle
Innocent until PROVEN guilty

This is complete BS.

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2009 12:43:32 PM »

I just think it is wrong to make someone to do something they don't want to do just to be a part of something. It is kinda a clique-ish thing. Like a  "You aren't good enough for us unless you do XXXX" kinda thing.  It is understandable to a stalk-ey type swap where you have to stalk them. But for a regular swap where you can talk to your partner it does not make sense. I would think that one would much rather talk to their partner and get a clear picture of what they want rather than just making assumptions based on a wist. Cause people's wants (especially about random pretties) tend to change.

but that is just my opinion
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009 12:47:30 PM by TexasThistle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am open to personal swaps (feedback is untrue)
polkadotts

Life is good when your HEART's in the right place

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2009 12:48:08 PM »

Thanks zen_crafter, love the wist list.  No worries from me, I'll do whatever I can as your partner to make your 1st swap your best swap ever.  P.s. its only my second so we'll learn the swapping lingo, rules, and ways together. 

polkadotts ;-}

Hey did anyone see the article I posted about the merpeople?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What's better than Pink, Butterflies, Glitter, Mermaids, Fairies & Angels......NOTHING!!!
Time to load up the Unicorn and head to the rainbow!!!
ehinders

« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2009 02:26:55 PM »

I just think it is wrong to make someone to do something they don't want to do just to be a part of something. It is kinda a clique-ish thing. Like a  "You aren't good enough for us unless you do XXXX" kinda thing.  It is understandable to a stalk-ey type swap where you have to stalk them. But for a regular swap where you can talk to your partner it does not make sense. I would think that one would much rather talk to their partner and get a clear picture of what they want rather than just making assumptions based on a wist. Cause people's wants (especially about random pretties) tend to change.

but that is just my opinion

I can understand that. I didn't have a wist when I first started swapping partly cause I'd never heard of them and after I knew what they were I didn't know if I wanted one. But after a few swaps with partners who did have them, it seemed like a good idea. Now I use it all the time. I've also been in swaps where a) partner didn't have one and b) gave little to no answers on what they like. I would pm and either get no response or a short few ideas with no details. I find it really hard to be inspired with ideas when I don't get good response from my partner, especially considering the wide and varied tastes of everyone here on craftster and/or when the swap topic isn't very narrow. Wists often help in that situation.

I don't think wists need to be the only solution either. There are several other sites that have wishlists, etc that are helpful or if you are a friend of craftster, using the Favorite Project made by someone else feature is nice too. 

I guess I don't consider it different from other varied requirements used in different swaps, like must be willing to ship international, must be over 18, etc (I'm sure there are more examples here, those are just the ones that come to mind). Those types of requirements aren't in every swap, but they are in some and if the organizer wants it that way, then that's a requirement for that particular swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sezouli
False. Black bear.

I want to be slapped by an Epiphatree.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2009 02:28:53 PM »

Hey did anyone see the article I posted about the merpeople?
Yeah, it was really neat!  It's interesting to see how they are portrayed differently from different groups, thank you for posting that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hayatiggs

We're all mad here...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2009 04:04:33 PM »

I just recently started a wist list, but it has lots of clothing and jewelry. All of my mermaid wishes are on my Etsy faves Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftybeachgirl

Class of 09' ROCKS... I DID IT!!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2009 05:36:49 AM »

Yes, I'm definitely glad your mom isn't staying quiet. That's an absolutely horrible thing for a child to get slapped, even worse if it's by someone that is supposed to be aiding! I hope she gets banned from helping in schools...

I am totally outraged...They did not fire the old bat...Mom yanked her payments from the schooland has taken my daughter out! She will not be going to a school like that. I am ticked off but Momwent to the local media and they will be picking up the story and running with it I am sure...

As for WIST and that sort of WIsty type thing...I don't feel it is cliquish but helpful..It can be like ETSY fave and things like that BUT facebook and Myspace I feel are pointless for swapping as they are social sites yo have to request membership to and then they are all about social not crafting and or crafts. I am seeing a trend with org. to make sure swappers have wist and or things like it as we get soooo many PM that I am stuck, My partner will not communicate, I don't know what they want as they are vague, etc... it really in the long run is for you not the org...Just things to make it easier to craft for you....

Let say I wanted a dogfish head tee...well you might not know what that is or google it and see a shark...well, no I want a beer tee....but IF there was a pic then BAM there is..It is not ever meant to say Your not goodenough or whatever like that it is all about making life simple as swappers are getting better a listing what they want in these sites.

No big deal it was not a total requirement in this swap but I have to say really in the future with certain swaps I will make it a requirement to have WIST and or Esty fave. We will for some agree to disagree and ove one...I guess it is the org. choice and if we want to join we can if not we can org ourselves...

NOW LETS GET BACK TO HAVING A GREAT TIME this is a great group and totally going to be a FINtastic SWAP Wink

I found the most cool thing the other day..Now to see what I can make out of it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pink flamingos, palm trees, flip flops, and living at the beach... Can life get better?

www.wists.com/craftybeachgirl
ehinders

« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2009 07:44:13 AM »

I ordered some goodies the other day online for this swap. I hope they don't take too long...I'm getting antsy to start crafting!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
recrdchaos
Knight of Time, Philosopher Prince

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2009 05:34:19 PM »

Hey everybody - I was away for a few days at a course, but I'm back now. And I'm excited to start crafting for morglanc!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Sweet Red Bean Soup with Mochi Balls
How to Make Ramen Noodles with Peanut Butter
How to Make Plum Wine Jelly
How to Make a Chinese Chicken Meal in a Crock Pot
Affordable Bo Ssam Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...