A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,607
Currently Running With Scissors:
492 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mermaids mysterys of the sea su 07/06- 07/18  (Read 13566 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2009 10:59:53 AM »

hayatiggs---that is bad ass!!!

craftybeachgirl--omg...who does that? did your mom talk to a teacher or anybody? how embarrassing for that poor kid Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
dobiemuse

Bronco Dobies FTW!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2009 12:35:06 PM »

@morglanc... see what you have done to our brains? Cheesy Wait... that may not be a good thing to say... you know... with zombies an all... Smiley Oh, and I do think you'd enjoy the Anita books. I've only read 2 in the series, and I'm looking forward to reading more.

@craftybeachgirl... someone needs to report that and get all the facts. Maybe we can send some zombie mermaids her way...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog
My Etsy Shop

Bookmark Swap: In awe of all the creativity!
morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2009 12:38:26 PM »

mmmm....brains Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
sezouli
False. Black bear.

I want to be slapped by an Epiphatree.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2009 02:37:01 PM »

mmmm....brains Smiley

Not sure they'd (the zombie merpeeps) do any good as someone who'd do something like that is bound not to have any (brains, that is).  
On another topic, I went to the craft store today and they were having a "coupon commotion" sale. Speaking of Dangerous....... Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009 02:39:13 PM by sezouli » THIS ROCKS   Logged
polkadotts

Life is good when your HEART's in the right place

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2009 02:40:10 PM »

craftybeachgirl: OMG! WTF is right, I'm with dobiemuse someone should report her and if by chance a few zombies find their way to her .... .... she just may deserve to be in the mist of their company.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What's better than Pink, Butterflies, Glitter, Mermaids, Fairies & Angels......NOTHING!!!
Time to load up the Unicorn and head to the rainbow!!!
polkadotts

Life is good when your HEART's in the right place

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2009 02:43:41 PM »

Found this online while doing some mermaid (merpeople) research and thought it would be an interesting read:

Merpeople
Written by Charles Smith

Hair Colors: Brown, Blonde, Red, Sea-blue, Sea-green.
Eye Colors: Blue, Green, Moonlight-silver, Hazel, Gray, Amber.

Height:
Males: 6'1"+4d8 inches        Females: 5'9" +4d8 inches
Weight:
Males: 75 lbs. +2d10 lbs.      Females: 60 lbs. +2d8 lbs.
Lifespan: 150 +3d8 years.
Source: Sailors' legends/mythology.

Appearance: A Merperson looks like a human being from the waist up, only most Merpeople possess an almost irrestible natural handsomeness/beauty that often appeals strongly to the opposite gender of the Merperson in question. From the waist down, Merpeople have the scaled tail of a fish. The tail ends in two curving fins and is usually green-scaled, though blue and pearl are not uncommon. Merpeople have the height, hair, and eye colors of human beings as well as sea-toned blue and green hair and a luminous silver eye color reminiscient of moonlight on a clear lake. Merpeople have a lesser weight than humans due to their unique humanoid/fish anatomy and physiological makeup.

Behavior: The Merpeople are generally a nice people, though somewhat wary and suspicious of outsiders, especially of humans. This wariness comes about because human fishers often make merpeople for fish and try to catch them. They usually get the young, naive children. In addition, for centuries now sailors have hunted the elusive mermaids for their legendary beauty. As a result, most mermaids tend to shy away from humans and many mermen have become fiercely protective of the mermaids. The Merpeople get on quite well with most other species, especially sea-dwellers.

Society: The Merpeople are structured under a parlimentary monarchy. There is a King and Queen who wield great power, but there exists a Parliament that has powers of its' own. Due to a bad experience in Merpeople history when a tyrannical King came to power and made life miserable for the people, most Merpeople have a distrust of absolute monarchy and so they limit it via Parliament.

Racial Abilities: The Merpeople have a natural resistance to water damage and they can breathe water. They have retained the ability to breathe air and the somewhat mystical-seeming ability to change their lower fins into human legs for faster travel. The Merpeople, as noted before, have an innate but intense charm, usually attracting members of the opposite gender to them. On the downside, the Merpeople do suffer extreme weakness if they do not immerse themselves in water for at least three hours a day. The Merpeople also have a phobia of fire, probably due to their half-fish nature, and extreme sunlight weakens them as the Merpeople have adapted to the dark undersea.

Job Restrictions: Merpeople make surprisingly strong fighters, having adapted to the rigors of deep-sea life. They make fair magicians, but magic has never been a major focus of Merpeople life.

Recommended Genres: High Fantasy.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

What's better than Pink, Butterflies, Glitter, Mermaids, Fairies & Angels......NOTHING!!!
Time to load up the Unicorn and head to the rainbow!!!
craftybeachgirl

Class of 09' ROCKS... I DID IT!!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2009 10:21:41 AM »

My mom went totally off..She got all the teachers, aids, staff, school super, and everyone that will listen. My little girl was shaken by seeing that old bat slap that little boy. I am raged and Mom is going to the media tomarrow to find out what they will do about getting this old bat not allowed to be in any class room EVER again...she is a PITBULL when it comes to what is right and who he hell hits a 4 year old in a school more or less that is not yours? WOW...I will fill yo all in later....SHit she is about to get fed to the wicked merpeople...Her school is on the ocean and my mom wants to feed her to the sharks...Sad My daughter asked my mom "Lolly, will she hit me too!" OMG my mom would knife some old bat over that little one, take them on the boat and chum the sharks and circle till the body is gone LOL..No really I think she would if anyone ever hurt my little ones...

I have been online ordering great supplies for my partner...how much fun really...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pink flamingos, palm trees, flip flops, and living at the beach... Can life get better?

www.wists.com/craftybeachgirl
TexasThistle
Innocent until PROVEN guilty

This is complete BS.

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2009 11:58:35 AM »

I finished a small thing last night. Working on my medium this evening.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am open to personal swaps (feedback is untrue)
ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2009 12:41:08 PM »

Wow craftybeachgirl! I would be upset too! I'm glad your mom isn't being silent about it, that's the only way to make sure it doesn't happen again. Good for both of you!

On the swap note, I have been doing some minor stalking and have ordered a few supplies online. I will probably get started on a few crafts in the next couple of days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hayatiggs

We're all mad here...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2009 02:27:02 PM »

Yes, I'm definitely glad your mom isn't staying quiet. That's an absolutely horrible thing for a child to get slapped, even worse if it's by someone that is supposed to be aiding! I hope she gets banned from helping in schools...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Holiday Sugar Cookie Recipe
Raw Southern Style Cherry Cobbler Recipe
Filipino Cascaron Bitsu Bitsu Carioca Recipe
Cookie Dough Bite Recipe
Chewy Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...