A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,152
Currently Running With Scissors:
635 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ice Cube Treats for Pets  (Read 8831 times)
Tags for this thread: dog_treat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chemama
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2005 06:59:34 AM »

Cool and clever ideas... they definitely have to be an improvement on those "Frosty Paws" they sell in the frozen section of grocery stores. My dogs won't go near 'em!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftymed
now with 2 sidekick dogs!!

Crafty with an M.D. (finally!)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2005 06:08:36 AM »

if you're feeling lavish towards your pet, you can always use broth (chicken, beef, etc) to make the base liquid instead of just water. 

as for carob chips, you can often find them for people at health food store (probably cheaper)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everything I know about sewing I learned in suture class.
bracelet_girl
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2005 07:29:35 AM »

Thanks for the idea! My dog will love these in the summer  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My DeviantArt page
My Livejournal

I do personal swaps, themed or random. Smiley pm me if you are interested!
BlueMoon

accident prone + crafty = fun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2005 06:39:42 AM »

I work at a wildlife hospital, and we make ice cube treats like those for the opossums. We put pinkie mice in them, with the tails sticking out of the ice. The opossums go nuts over them.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DogGrrl
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005 09:51:05 PM »

Another one I do is freeze baby food in ice cube trays (liver, chicken, beef, etc).  I own a little doggie daycare and the littles just go nuts when I give them the frozen baby food!  Next time I am definately going to use chocolate molds!!!  I think I am going to fill the chocolate molds with the baby food, freeze in molds, package and leave in my clients' freezers - much more healthy than the Frosty Paws.  Thanks so much for the idea!!!  Here are some kong stuffing suggestions (this is where I got the idea of filling the kong w/chicken broth)

http://www.sfspca.org/behavior/dog_library/kong_stuffing.pdf
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Misa
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2005 08:45:54 PM »

That's a really smart idea. My dog loves ice cubes! And I'd give him puppy ice cream, but he had surgery for stones so now he has to eat special food... but this would work well!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Misa
spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2005 10:22:31 PM »

Maise!! What kind of dog is that?  Is the one in your picture (under your name) the same one in the icecube pictures, only a puppy?
See, I ask because we took in a stray dog that looks exactly like that.  She was starved, beaten, scabby, but completely adorable.  The vet told me she was around 4 yrs old, maybe, and could be maybe an akita/chow mix.  She has that purple chow tongue and black snout... but she is like a walking barking teddy bear.  She has the best temperment towards people considering what her previous owners did to her. 
So, anyway, your dog is adorable...and looks just like my dog (her name is NuBert)  Cheesy Grin Cheesy
I wonder what my NuBert really is.... hmm.  Currently she's passed out on my bed... and snoring a little. ha  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
maise
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2005 11:08:15 AM »

Maise!! What kind of dog is that?  Is the one in your picture (under your name) the same one in the icecube pictures, only a puppy?
See, I ask because we took in a stray dog that looks exactly like that.  She was starved, beaten, scabby, but completely adorable.  The vet told me she was around 4 yrs old, maybe, and could be maybe an akita/chow mix.  She has that purple chow tongue and black snout... but she is like a walking barking teddy bear.  She has the best temperment towards people considering what her previous owners did to her. 
So, anyway, your dog is adorable...and looks just like my dog (her name is NuBert)  Cheesy Grin Cheesy
I wonder what my NuBert really is.... hmm.  Currently she's passed out on my bed... and snoring a little. ha  Wink

Molly is a Chihuahua Terrier mix. Her dad was a chocolate Chihuahua and her mom was a Chihuahua Terrier mix too but looked more like a Cairn Terrier. Mollys brothers and sisters all looked like their mom, she's the only one with Chihuahua features. Everyone says she looks like a baby German Shepherd with her dark muzzle.
NuBert sounds cute. Do you have a picture you could post?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkBalletShoes
...Oh, she's a crafty one, she is...

.:Drama Queen.. in the most literal sense:.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2005 02:15:33 PM »

I made these for my puppy, Delia, and she LOVED them! Esp. in the hot summer sun- but these are, most definitely, an OUTDOOR treat  Wink Cheesy Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005 02:45:09 PM by PinkBalletShoes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Millions of peaches, peaches for me. Millions of peaches, peaches for free- Look out!-
greenveggie
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2005 01:33:15 PM »

I found odd ice cube trays at IKEA and froze six inch long sticks of ice for our puppy.  They're too small to add much too, but she loves to be able to hold them to eat them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add an Inner Glow Blending Option to Text in Photoshop CS3
How to Add an Inner Shadow Blending Option to Text in Photoshop CS3
How to Add an Outer Glow Blending Option to Text in Photoshop CS3
How to Add Footage to a Composition in After Effects CS3
How to Add Text in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...