A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbie Swap Gallery Round 11  (Read 12223 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thedreamer
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2009 06:27:04 PM »

Ok, so everyones packages they are receiving are totally rockin'!!

But I have to ask about these awesome coffee cups that have been handpainted, is there a special medium that can be purchased and used to handpaint on ceramic that won't wash off when doing the dishes or have they been glazed and fired?
This is something I'd love to try!

they are actually like a paint pen you can buy at michaels, mine is called porcelaine 150
and they come in different colours and sizes and you just paint it on let it sit for 24 hours and bake it :]
they are pretty fun to do

bake?  wait, so you just buy any old regular mug and draw on it, then bake it...or where do you get mugs that you can draw on?  the only ceramics I've ever done was with a wet slab of clay and then it was fired in a kiln so I'm a tad confused....do these mugs bake in regular ovens? o.O 

the cups were awesome, btw  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karimusbunch

details, details, details. it's gonna work out.

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2009 06:19:52 AM »

bake?  wait, so you just buy any old regular mug and draw on it, then bake it...or where do you get mugs that you can draw on?  the only ceramics I've ever done was with a wet slab of clay and then it was fired in a kiln so I'm a tad confused....do these mugs bake in regular ovens? o.O 

the cups were awesome, btw  Wink
technically, the mugs have already been glazed/fired, and the pen is another glaze to go over the original, that is made specifically for kitchen ovens, instead of kilns...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RobbinZombie

One day my organized chaos will just be organized

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2009 12:27:12 PM »

I have been wanting to create with contact paper for awhile now and those cute birds make me want to run out and buy some now and play
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2009 03:12:02 AM »

I love that flowered headband!  It is simply too cute!

Everything looks lovely ladies. Smiley  I'm so happy to be sending you all out into the swapping community. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jl409
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2009 11:46:47 AM »

Aren't there more packages to be posted (looking forward to seeing them!)?!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cathieb
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2009 12:51:25 PM »

Aren't there more packages to be posted (looking forward to seeing them!)?!!

Well i Know that I, for one, won't be receiving mine for a bit due to being in the UK. ergo similar problem with my partner, due to my stuff being sent from the UK

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lolablue.squarespace.com/

Obligatory swap details:
Make a Friend round 5:
 package 1: sent!!
 Package 2: pending
 Package 3: pending
SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2009 01:16:57 PM »

Yes, there are plenty more packages, but I was just saying that in general I am thrilled to be sending you off in pairs to the swapping community. Cheesy

I am going to be online tomorrow off and on, but then I will be out of town from Wednesday, July 22nd evening until Monday, July 27th at 9am or so.  If there's an issue, you can open a Help Desk ticket, but if it's just for feedback or the like, please hold on until I come back. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bonster4454
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2009 04:20:52 PM »

I got my package today!! Yeah. I love everything you made and included in my package. Let's start with the brown drawstring pouch with cute little white flowers. I've decided I'm going to use this bag for collecting agates on the beach near me.

You're are absolutely right I love this fabric, and I want to make more buttons with it.

several yards of this awesome fabric.  Smiley
I absolutely love the felt flower pin, I'm wearing it right now.

The pin cushion is perfect, I really like the checkerboard design.

How did you know I love trinket boxes, did I tell you that? The orange (my fav color) felt trinket box is great, and in excellent shape, nothing fell apart.

Cathie also made me fabric buttons and picked up the most coolest rock from her university in UK. I wrote the year and location on the bottom of the rock so I'll never forget where it came from.

Lastly, Cathie made me some marbled stationary. The colors are so much fun.

Cathieb, Thank you so much for making all the thoughtful goodies you sent me. I really enjoyed this craft swap. Thanks sevsonlygirl for matching me up with Cathieb.

Cheers to you, Bonster
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frogangel
I'm willing to do a personal swap! :-)

"Paint it black with a splash of HOT pink!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2009 05:13:09 PM »

Wow Bonster! Very nice package. I love that fabric. Ever since I started this swap and got a partner that likes bright colors, I've been noticing all the pretty fabrics they have with bright cheery colors.  Cheesy That fabric is pretty. That pouch is cute too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cklnh
The Cajun Hillbilly Housewife

« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2009 08:37:28 PM »

here are all my lovely goodies!

These are hand made washcloths and bath mit in my favorite colors... they are so soft and pretty Im not sure that I can use them for their intended purpose.. at least not the cloths .. I may have to hang them as eye candy :-)

And here is my awesome wall hanging that is already hanging in my living room.. It's on my wall now but when I get my antique hoosier cabinet next month it will be hanging on it :-)

I am so very pleased with what I got.. love it.. and I have enjoyed looking at everyone else's goodies.. it is so nice to see such thought put into what people sent .. yall rock!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Courtney P
Wife, mom, homeschool teacher, and artist
My Flickr:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/mommasgoodies/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What is Mirin
What Are Meyer Lemons
What Are Kaiw Sprouts
What is a Kaffir Lime
What Is Galangal
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...