A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 301,532
Currently Running With Scissors:
467 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Summer is for... \../ METAL \../ - A Gallery of Hardcore Craftiness  (Read 23524 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chimes
the chimenator

the chimenator

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2009 06:24:06 PM »

Sooooo I finally got an awesome package from Bezoona (and PS my dear, don't feel bad for sending late!  I got something cool, so that's all that matters!)

Anywho, here ya go!  I decided to go all drama queen on the photos to show my appreciation. I took the pix w/ my mac, so some are flipped and some are not (didn't flip the ones that didn't need it b/c of words). Anywho. yeah. Smiley

Alexi Laiho towel based on (I'm guessing!) this pic:

what I've deemed a Dethpouch (zippy pouch with the Dethklok logo x-stitched on) so very timely because I JUST bought Dethklok (w/Mastadon/Converge/High on Fire) tix on Friday! They are coming to Des Moines, IA! We never get anything good. Tongue

Inside the dethpouch. No, there wasn't any cocaine in there ... or Duncan Hills Coffee beans ... or BBQ sauce. Just a cool kick-ass pouch. Smiley

Nathan Explosion plushie head.  I've got a few ideas where this guy is going to go.... Might have to figure out a way to get him strapped on to my iPod for when I'm running (motivation people!).  We shall see.

Some additional cool stuffs (patch and some beaded safety pins)

AND THE CREME DE LA CREME!

Okay so I told Bezoona that I recently had to quit running (I'm a 10-year distance runner... every day... 5-7 miles, this time last year 7-10... marathon last year). Anywho, the only thing that got me through any of my runs when I was able to start running again and starting from square one again is HARD  was "Are You Dead Yet?" by Children of Bodom.  At one point I was only able to run the duration of the song, which was a feat for me when I hadn't been able to run for 3 months.  Now I'm back (kind of) still injured, but working on it, but back up to 3-5 miles a day, which is okay, but COB is what gets me through.

Anywho, that's the back story on this.

Coolest thing evar  x-stitched Are You Dead Yet? triptych lyrics!

These are getting put right above my desk so I can see them every day when I get done with my workouts (I always plug in the iPod to download my runs to nikeplus.com) ... and when I'm sitting here not wanting to work out or run, I'll be able to see them. YAY MOTIVATION! 

Thank you... thank you... THANK YOU, Bezoona!  Great swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #171 on: August 14, 2009 09:01:22 AM »

Awesome package from bezoona! And I love the pictures you took of the stuff, chimes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
aada
If I run out of tacos, I can no longer maintain my human form

« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2009 11:19:54 PM »

i am finally home. and i immediately ran to my package from onyxnox! it is AMAZING!

onyx: you completely, utterly and totally spoiled me. thank you a million times over!

onto the pics! (actually, onto SOME of the pics. onyxnox sent me so much that i am gonna make you go to my gallery to see some of it and just post the links. Wink)

water bottle with my name, wolves and lyrics:

ozzy got bats apron:

opeth bracelet 1:

opeth bracelet 2:

opeth necklace:

and my fave parts: MY TYPE O NEGATIVE GLASSES!

lyrics on one glass:

kenny:

josh:

johnny:

and my future husband, peter!:

extras:
stitch markers (chainmaille):

chainmaille/beaded poppy bracelet:

chainmaille/beaded poppy necklace:

beaded poppy hairclips:

window clings: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=279264
origami paper: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=279263
bento/japanese case: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=279262
bento silverware, bento carrying bag/purse, pen, candies, erasers, highlighters and letter! http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=279255

i am still in awe of the beauty that i came home too! it was totally and entirely worth the wait! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2009 11:46:29 PM »

OPETH!!!!!!! i love love love that bracelet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #174 on: August 18, 2009 03:01:49 AM »

THANK GOODNESS!!!!  I was so worried that the glasses wouldn't make it and you would open a deathtrap package full of broken glass - thinking what a --tch that onyxnox is to send me a booby trapped package!

I am glad you liked it - I had so much fun putting it together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
aada
If I run out of tacos, I can no longer maintain my human form

« Reply #175 on: August 18, 2009 10:07:47 AM »

how could i NOT love it?!?

even my mom, who is generally ambivalent to my swapping (and hates metal music) said that you were amazing. Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox

« Reply #176 on: August 18, 2009 05:01:37 PM »

how could i NOT love it?!?

even my mom, who is generally ambivalent to my swapping (and hates metal music) said that you were amazing. Wink

LOL - do any of our mothers love metal??  I am so glad I started swapping this year, I have had so much fun in the two I have joined (even though my partner flaked on me on the first one, I don't care, I still enjoyed making what I made).

My DH thinks I'm crazy with the crafting and the swapping, but if it keeps me quiet and happy, he just goes with it.  Otherwise, he worries about me finding things for him to do Cheesy

However, he was pretty blown away by that Dio doll earlier in this swap.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
bunnyface
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

« Reply #177 on: August 18, 2009 05:44:00 PM »

I am so impressed with all of the packages!  It's funny how many people did dolls (but then again who doesn't want a tiny metal god that they can carry around with them everywhere?), and they're all amazing!  I also love all the heavy metal sewing projects.  I definitely think that this whole gallery is too metal for one hand!

Oxynox, my boyfriend feels kind of the same about my crafting and swapping, although he did like most of my stuff for this swap and tried to steal my Manowar pouch.  I just have to keep on him because he's always stealing my tools (as if he doesn't already have multiple scissors, rulers, tape, and sharpies all over the house).  Is it too much to ask that I get my own things to keep clean (sticky tape scissors suck, especially when they used to be my fabric scissors) and organized so I can find them when I need them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pennydreadfull

Craft or Die \m/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: August 19, 2009 05:45:13 AM »

i love the type o glasses!! they were the first concert i went to when i was 16, aww!!
anyway...as far as boyfriends stealing supplies...its funny you mention that...last night i had to explain to mine that there are like 5 pairs of scissors in  my apt..why does he always have to grab my fabric ones to cut open random crap!!
he didnt understand but now i think he gets it after i showed him all the crappy ones that he can use for whatever he wants but there are 2 pairs that i would like for just myself to use and no one else, haha! he gave me such a face like im crazy but once i actually explained that the shitty ones mess up fabric and how much i paid for my good ones, i think it got through it his head  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters - Francisco Goya

Always willing to do personal swaps!
http://pinterest.com/jamietoohey/
Instagram - jamietoohey
Onyxnox

« Reply #179 on: August 19, 2009 10:00:14 AM »

OMG - it's the opposite here today.  DH was just in here complaining of why can't I have "normal girl hobbies" where I don't have to drag him into them.  I was just stealing some fishing line from his tackle box and telling him to get me the finist grit sandpaper he has in his workshop Cheesy  This is also the man that, after I bugged him for his drill so many times, literally took me by the hand all the way to the Home Depot and made me buy my own.

Shoot, I should have told him to get me the hammer too, I wanted to try something with copper wire.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my pinterest~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Super Bowl Recipes: Halftime Feast
Crafting the Perfect Super Bowl Chicken Wing
How to Make a ‘Breakfast Club Sandwich’
Jalapeno-Cheddar Corn Bread Recipe for the Super Bowl
The Potato Express: Does It Work?!
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...