I thought long and hard about this challenge before I finally decided that I wanted to enter. Then it took me forever to think of what to create. I looked through my stash and decided that I have a HUGE amount of big plastic play buttons that I ordered on EBay, because you never know, you may think of something to do with them someday! ;-) So I took this picture of one of my many flowers we have planted around our patio.
I drew a *very* rough sketch of the flower on stretched canvas so I had some sort of guidance, I sorted my buttons out by color (am I the only person who loves sorting things?), and started laying them out on the board.
It took me awhile to decide whether I wanted to follow the photo exactly or change it a little bit. I decided changing it would make it flow a lot better, so I did this:
As you can see, there are lots of fun shapes in the buttons, which is why I bought them in the first place. Next I gathered up all my collections of pretty plastic beads and started sorting again (yay). I strategically placed them where I thought they would fill in white spaces... And the finished product is this!!
Here's a picture of my entry with the flowers that inspired it. The one I took the picture of is long gone :-( but there are plenty others in its place!
I put small beads inside the ring buttons because there was too much white showing behind them.
And I don't know what posessed me, but I put seed beads in each hole in the read and green buttons.
Well there you have it! I don't even know how much super glue I went through. Thank you Dollar store!! Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings! I had a lot of fun doing this challenge. It really got my creative juices flowing. I give inspiration credit to all the pixelated and reproduced pictures here on Craftster. Thanks again!