A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,405
Currently Running With Scissors:
838 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: NE Ohio (kent state, warren, niles) .. looking for recycle centers  (Read 1680 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

skyegazerlily
« on: April 06, 2005 02:19:42 PM »

I was talking to a girl about trying to find a place to go to get scrap papers. I told her once my art teacher mentioned there was a place we could go to get old magazines and paper (this was 4 years ago though). Freecycle.org is great but I was hoping for an actual location to go and get old scraps of papers, magazines, etc. I wanted to make a scrap paper journal for myself. The girl I mentioned told me about Recycle for the Arts in new orleans. Are there any places in Ohio like this?

Also thrift store locations in NE ohio would be great too. I've been to the Salvation Army and Goodwill in Warren. Goodwill in Liberty. The one they call the biggest in ohio (not sure where it's located). I am on a hunt for an old hand crank for making noodles, wanted to use it for clay. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jack E. Ohhh

You be him, and I'll be her...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005 09:44:21 PM »

Hello
I live in NE Ohio too!  Isn't it horrible?  Hahah, anyways...

I'm not sure where in the area you live, but I have to...absolutely have to recommend a thrift store to you.  It is in Sebring Ohio.  It is called THE CONCERN...it's messy, and you gotta dig...but the prices are unreal...25 cents or 50 cents for clothes...and I get lots of old fabric, patterns, sewing supplies, and clothes to re-vamp there...they even have bag sale days where you fill a brown bag as full as you can for 1.50...They are open 9-3 every day but sunday and I would be more than willing to give you the phone number and directions. 

I had to share!  My grandmother used to manage the store when I was little, so the first decade of my life when I was babysat by her was spent in the store helping out... I ended up going to high school less than a mile down the street from it, I moved away to college, and 3 years into college...I still drive an hour away to shop there!!!

Stragely enough, just last week during my visit there, I purchased an old crank noodle maker to make soy noodles with.

PS-I work at the goodwill in Kent and would be happy to let you know when sales are coming up etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where exactly in the yard?  On the croquet lawn?  By the bird bath?  Marty, where do you think we should bury these babies with webbed feet?  The back yard is getting very crowded i think.  positively littered with corpses.  First daddy's and now duck babies.
cutintu2
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009 09:54:43 PM »

Hello! Im from the Youngstown Area and a thrift store I absolutely love is The Village. Its huge. Their clothes are have color cards that have the price on them. Everyday they pick two colors and any clothes with those color tags on them are 50% off. Then on Mondays they pick another color and those clothes are 50 cents. Its right on the corner of Meridian Rd, and Mahoning Ave, behind the BK. Good Luck!

-Lauren
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Animate Crush Test Dummy
How to Use Paths and Dupliframes in Blender
How to Get the Perfect Body with Photoshop
How to Use The Blender Interface
How to Navigate in Blender
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...