A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,068
Currently Running With Scissors:
628 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 States Block Swap Round 2 (SENDOUTS: SEPT 21)  (Read 17023 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

donniesgirl
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009 03:11:35 PM »

There is a nice long sendout period too.  Cheesy  So plenty of time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OhThat
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009 06:08:11 PM »

I apologize for being a little bit stoopid  Wink but I am not a quilter (so why am I even looking at this swap, right?)....but it looks and sounds like so much fun.  Can someone explain in simple terms (like you're trying to get a 2 year old to understand) how this works?  My confusion:

1.  I don't understand why we choose a state if everyone who participates is making a block for all 50 states anyway.

2.  Do all of the blocks have to follow the pattern in the link http://www.quilterscache.com/A/AustinBlock.html or was that just a suggestion?  At first I was thinking that as long as it was the right size, it would be more like when someone is making a quilt and asks everyone to decorate and submit one block so the quilt look something like this http://www.tshirtquilts.com/images/Alpha%20Sigma%20Alpha3.JPG

but now I'm thinking I'm way off.  Help!!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009 09:02:53 PM »

I apologize for being a little bit stoopid  Wink but I am not a quilter (so why am I even looking at this swap, right?)....but it looks and sounds like so much fun.  Can someone explain in simple terms (like you're trying to get a 2 year old to understand) how this works?  My confusion:

1.  I don't understand why we choose a state if everyone who participates is making a block for all 50 states anyway.

2.  Do all of the blocks have to follow the pattern in the link http://www.quilterscache.com/A/AustinBlock.html or was that just a suggestion?  At first I was thinking that as long as it was the right size, it would be more like when someone is making a quilt and asks everyone to decorate and submit one block so the quilt look something like this http://www.tshirtquilts.com/images/Alpha%20Sigma%20Alpha3.JPG

but now I'm thinking I'm way off.  Help!!!  Smiley

I'm real tired so I hope I can explain this good enough...

1.  You don't make all 50 states.  You will eventualy get all 50 state blocks.  You only make 5 states but you make 10 of each of those 5 states (so you make 50 blocks total 5 X 10 = 50)

You make 10 of each of your 5 states because you keep 1 and send the other 9 to  the 9 other people in the swap. (so everyone gets all 50 states blocks).

2.  Yea you make all your blocks with that pattern because it has a large piece for the main fabric (so that you can show off the fabric you choose for each state). Also, it will just keep everything nice and uniform.

If that didn't make sence let me know again and I'll try again when I"m more awake Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009 10:54:59 AM »

Ooh I hope some more people sign up - just for variety.  And because trying to think up 16 or 17 different squares might take a little doing.  I think these swap boards are just super light in the summer.  People are busy outside!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rangerbeth
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009 10:36:02 AM »

I really want to do this, but I think being responsible for more than like 5 states would be a BIT much for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009 12:38:18 PM »

Well mathematically speaking Wink it's the same number of blocks.  It's just instead of doing 5 state blocks for 10 people, it would be 12 (or whatever it comes out to) state blocks for 4 people.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rangerbeth
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009 01:59:51 PM »

Haha, thats true, I've just only been to a handful of states, and I don't want to misrepresent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009 02:35:33 PM »

Haha, thats true, I've just only been to a handful of states, and I don't want to misrepresent!

You could always do some internet research about the state Smiley  That's what I plan on doing if I get one I know nothing about.

Do you guys think I should extend signups in the hopes of getting more people?  I know alot of people go on vacation during the 4th and maybe this wasn't a good time for signups?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyAggie
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009 03:19:27 PM »

You could always do some internet research about the state Smiley  That's what I plan on doing if I get one I know nothing about.

Do you guys think I should extend signups in the hopes of getting more people?  I know alot of people go on vacation during the 4th and maybe this wasn't a good time for signups?

I am most likely going to sign up but I am waiting for feedback from my first swap so an extension would be great  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SimplySandy
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009 06:51:47 AM »

I'm fine with an extension, if it means more swappers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon A610/A620: Set for Product Photography
Canon A610/A620: Set for Portrait Scene
Canon A610/A620: Set for People-in-Landscape Scene
Canon A610/A620: Set for Indoor Scene
Canon A610/A620: Set for Panoramic Scene
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...