Swap name: 50 States Block Swap 2
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: SarahJ2001
Sign-up date range: July 1 – July 20 (or when full)
Date to send item by: Sept 21
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 10 (including organizer)
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?
Age requirement? 13+ Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YESBE SURE YOU WILL WANT TO FINISH THE WHOLE SWAP SO NOBODY IS MISSING STATES AT THE END.
Details of swap: (most of this was copied from Round 1)
The goal of this swap is for each person to have a block for each state and in the end to be able to make a quilt out of them.
Logistics: There will be 10 people in the swap. Each person will get 5 states. You will make one of each for yourself to keep and 9 more of each to send. In all, you will have made 50 blocks by the end of the swap. If we do not get 10 people to sign up, then everyone will make more states. (You will still end up making 50 blocks no matter how many people join.)
You can list your top 3 state picks and some alternatives in the questionaire. If two people pick the same states the person that PM’d the questionnaire to me first gets it. I’d like everybody to at least get one of their top choices. The rest of the states I will assign randomly. I will include a list of states chosen in the thread so we know what’s left.
The block will be this one: http://www.quilterscache.com/A/AustinBlock.html
This is a 12 inch block. The focus fabric can be ANYTHING
that represents the state you have (state bird, flower, a sports team, symbol of the state, famous food from the state, etc....), and the background can be ANYTHING
that you feel coordinates well and represents the state and block well.
Please indicate in the questionaire if you want the blocks to have the state name written on them by the maker or if you would rather get it blank and write it yourself. Some people might want uniform writing and do it all themselves. Others might not care.
Shipping: DC# will be mandatory due to the amount of work that will be put into this. When sending, include a note with each state explaining you chose the focus fabric (what it represents). You can ship as early as you want but be sure to send by August 28, 2009 at the very latest. You may either mail as you complete states or save them all for one mass mailing to each person at the end. Just contact me as you send so I know what has been sent.
In the gallery, post pictures of the blocks you made. (Also post pictures of your progress if you want!) It’s kind of silly for everyone when receiving to post pictures since everyone is getting the same thing. I think it’s best for the sender to post pictures. Hopefully way down the line we can see in the gallery what everyone ended up doing with their blocks.
- You must post in this thread at least once a week.
- All announcements will be made here so please bookmark this page
- Please try to create a package that you are proud of.
- Remember to take pictures before you send.
- Keep your receipts and DC#’s
- Make sure you PM me (sarahj2001) when you send and receive.
Link to Round 1: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=254194.0
If you want to participate, information to send to SarahJ2001:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: 50 States Block Swap 2
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no)
Have you read all the rules and descriptions for this swap?
Top 3 State Choices:
Alternative State Choices:
Would you like the state name written on the block?
Anything else you want to tell me:
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO SarahJ2001 VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM: