A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
671 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: help!!!!!!life in an apartment,,,,,,,,,,,,  (Read 2181 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

allisonwonderland
« on: April 06, 2005 02:16:03 PM »

ok,,this may be kinda long, as we speak,,my apartmnet is VERY cluttered...way disorganized..etc.I have no furniture to speak of and cannot affford a bunch,anyway.DH is getting annoyed by this and wants to move,,,,,says we have to much crap for a one bedroom.WELL we dont really it just seems that way cuz we are lacking shelp space ,storage bins..etc,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I AM NOT moving.(untill we are leaving to move to Florida whcih will be in a year oir so ..i think its just DUMB to move twice like that) ANYWAY............. ...what I reallly need is some great ideas for THEMES for decorating.I canoot paint..etc cuz I rent.,,,,,,,,,,,,please help with themes I can do creativley with affordalbe stuff....any double duty items are a bonus...........sto rage units,,advice on cheapppp furniture(I will buty some),,,,,,,,,,thanks in advnece PLEASE do not be shy about posting...i will ponder every idea....BTW,,,,I am NOT AFRAID of the weird ideas....hahhaa,I am weird myself..THANKS AGAIN>...............and yes I neeed themes,ideas,colors for EVERY room...........
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elephantcrazy
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005 02:23:42 PM »

what you can do for walls is put fabric up by stapleing(sp?)which is what I'm going to do when we move)
and then ladder shelves http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=30741.0
look up shelves on the search and you can find lots of stuff to make if you use the search. it is seriously one of the best things about craftster(except for the crafts Tongue )

I hope I helped, maybe I didn't, but hey, its the thought that counts
THIS ROCKS   Logged
allisonwonderland
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005 02:29:49 PM »

i really like the idea of fabric on the walls..thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!keep ideas churning PLEASEEEEE..I am desperate..lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EmilyFlew
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

..sweets4ever is so rad..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005 02:31:53 PM »

organizing a 1-bedroom is a pain!

Definitely bookcases, bookcases, bookcases. You can get good, cheap ones at goodwill, or Ikea if there's one near you. Then you can use them for books (duh), DVDs, displaying your collections, or putting things away, if you get boxes and staple pretty fabric over them you can put stuff in them and it will still be attractive.

Lots and lots of plastic bins and boxes. Long thin boxes can fit under the bed, bins can be stacked in the closet. You can get cheap storage stuff at a home depot or target type place, or sometimes at discount stores and dollar stores. Look at goodwill for cedar chests or something, to put at the foot of the bed and put out-of-season clothes and bedding in.

And spend an entire weekend throwing things away and giving things to goodwill. You'd be amazed at how much stuff you can get rid of if you're trying. Sometimes it helps to pretend that you're going to move, and think about what you would really want to put in a box and take with you. Or, the argument I always pull with my packrat boyfriend, is to divide your monthly rent by your square footage, and then you can look at a 1' x 1' box of old computer parts and think to yourself, is this worth the $5 per month (or whatever) it's taking up right now?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

technocutie, handmade iPod cases and felt accoutrements
thoughts and days.

I <3 the mod squad ladies!
candycrack

Sweet Addiction

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005 09:42:58 PM »

Well for a storae and a table, thiers a realy neat thing over at the diy network, Its a garbage can or a normal bin and a pre cut table top [you could even go to lowes and get some plywood or another square piece of wood.) Either way its a realy neat and creative idea for a table, as well as storage. You can see the details here Then you can pick up some cheap chars from the thirft store and paint them too match. Also fabric for the walls, or a cotton tapastry do wonders for those plain apartment walls. Also another cheap solution for a sitting area that looks neat would be to buy one of those bedroom canop's hang it in a corner [spreading it out as much as possible] and then filling that area with pillors, it will make a nice relaxing corner for reading, or writting or just relaxing. Plus if your realy creative and good at sweaing you can do it for cheap. Also shoe boxes make realy great under the bed storage units, to clean up the little things. I also found that for an appartment the cloth shoe racks you can buy at walmart or taget make great for soring things as well and can hold alot of weight.

Hope some of those help. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

irid3sc3nt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I <3 Halloween

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005 08:34:17 PM »

My boyfriend and I have our two bedroom, but one bedroom is entirely the "office" space.  He's really into music, so he has turntables, records, keyboard, two computers, guitar, etc. etc.  On my side I have sooo many art supplies that I finally made shelves for my wall.  If you're lucky enough to have a hand-saw (which I didn't) you could buy a sheet of particle board from Lowes and cut it up.  It's cheap and you can wrap it in fun fabric.  Then just pick up some... um...  I think they're called brackets?  I like having wall shelving because it doesn't take up floor space.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
Swaps:  OTT October10/21, Creepy Cute Stuffie10/23
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Flowers Appear to Float in This Ripple Contraption
Design Concept Envisions Semi-Invisible Structures
Sleep Like a Bird in Nests for Humans
Luxury Jaw-Dropping Pool Proposals
Floating Jellyfish Skyscraper Design Concept
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...