A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
430 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shrinky Dink Gallery!  (Read 4091 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

snazzlecraft

I jumped on the mustache train! CHOO CHOO!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009 07:04:09 PM »

Prepare for total awesomeness!  I got my package from thepurplewitch today! I literally was squeeling when I opened it! She got me SO perfectly!  First a gorgeous charm bracelet with fairies and a butterfly (also an extra shrinky dink fairy is pictured in the middle).  The picture doesn't do it much justice.  Its mostly shiny silver with a frosty white shrinky dink charms with the black and then there are subtle purple things like the designs behind the images and the bead!

Next up....Napoleon Dynamite shrinkies!!!!   EEK!  I LOVE THEM!  They have holes in them already so I can make some rad stuff out of them later!

And last this beautiful fairy mobile!  It is so delicate and beautiful!  I have it hanging in front of the window that is above my craft table so I can look at it when I craft!

Sorry about all the purple...I was in a purple mood tonight!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009 05:46:25 PM »

Everything is so lovely, I love the cherry blossom necklace and the rolled bead braclet and that mobile is so pretty.

I received from sweetyetevil today and I really teared up when I opened her package. This past month has been a little depressing for me. A lot of things have happened that I really have no control over and I've been rocking back and forth between anxiety and depression. I had to take a semester off from school to transfer home because of financial issues, I've been looking for a job for the past 6mos. with no luck, and my father just quit/fired from his job. I took a CNA/GNA course to try to get a job in health care and that hasn't panned out, I haven't heard anything from the college that I'm tying to transfer to, and I'm in the process of losing weight and for the past three months I haven't been able to lose a pound. To top it all off it was my birthday a few weeks ago and that was a little depressing as well.

To say the least, I've been feeling sorry for myself. Sweetyetevil, I want to thank you so much. You went above and beyond for me in this swap. I wish I could have done as much for you.

First this beautiful bright mirror. It's covered in shrinky charms. I was losing the light so I didn't get any close-ups of them today. One of them says "Music is what feelings sound like."

Awesome winged skull pin.

Beautiful bird earrings. A similar charm is on the mirror.

A key chain with things I like on it. A turtle, the Gemini symbol, a little skull, a die (how did she know that I used to be obsessed with dice?), and a cute florescent 'shroom.

Last in the SD lineup, a Tirquerta bracelet that I love.

She also sent me a spirograph set as an extra. I was so surprised to see it. I volunteer with kids sometimes for artistic endeavors and I thought that a spiro set would be something cool for them to do. I was actually going to let them make some SD charms with the spiro's.

I wish my package was better now. Thanks again sweetyetevil a thousand well wishes your way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
thepurplewitch
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009 06:46:24 PM »

I received today.  This is going to be image heavy so sorry to anybody that still has dial up, but I got lots of stuff with amazing details. 

Here it is all wrapped up pretty:

Close up rings:

Close up coasters:

Owl necklace (it's a bit blurry my camera is bleh):

Crazy Awesome Beatles Charm Bracelet:

Beatles Necklace:

And John and Paul earrings (also blurry):

Thanks Snazzlecraft!  I'm so amazed with what you came up with. 
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009 06:48:08 PM by thepurplewitch » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Behind every great crafter is a kitteh, waiting to eat patterns, sprawl on fabric, and attack knitting.

www.wists.com/ourcrazycatlady
craftgraveyard.blogspot.com
Melvinator

It's a miracle!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009 07:18:00 PM »

I should be able to ship mine tomorrow too, so that will be one less worry! Money has been an issue in the last week or so as well.

I'm totally feelin' your stress issues, Seraphine. I've been depressed and can't figure out why, have gained so much weight and am going to the beach in 3 days (almost cried when trying on bathing suits in Wal-Mart today...all the family related stress and house buying stress and other stress on top of seeing how I've let myself go...let's just say it wasn't pretty) I was on the birthday boat this month too...and nobody was in town to celebrate with me Sad I've been kind of in a crafting slump as well. I think that was how I could start to tell I was really getting depressed- crafting is usually ALL I think about...now I don't even want to get off the couch to start a project. I hope when we get in our house it will all get better, and I hope that your situation gets better for you. I am sending you all the happy vibes I can muster  Wink Smiley

You guys keep amazing me! Everything is so pretty and creative. I'll update all your feedback tomorrow when I'm not about to fall asleep on my keyboard, I promise! Sorry I've been a bit of a lazy organizer and with it being my first time organizing it sure doesn't make me look good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweetyetevil
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009 01:39:15 PM »

My goodies from Seraphina_de_Sangre!
These are great items!
The Capt Jack night light. Very cool indeed! I plugged it in immediately to take a pic. It looks so cool lit up.

I love this necklace. I am going to wear it out this week. Very cool and so fitting for me!

Very cute earrings. The greyhound ones are so special. I love my lil man more than anything.

Magnets with quotes on them. My fav quote from Phantasm was included...how did you know?!

Cool pushpins. You cannot see from teh pic but there are lil skulls on them.

Thanks so much for the cool items. I am so glad my package brightened your day too. Several people tried to snag the mirror out from under you lol I knew the bright bold colors would be perfect for you. I used the crayon paper batik technique to make the colored slices. I am now making several more for pals hehe
Thanks for the great swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Glamis

Hello, my name is glamis and I am a bibliophilic..

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009 02:20:46 AM »

I received my absolutely awesome package on Tuesday. I love it so much it is perfect. And because I am so exited about it I took a whole lot of pics.

First of all my favourite.

a set of "book aids"  with sheets taken from an Edgar Allen Poe book. The shrinks match the storytitel on the sheets like the heart for "the tell-tale heart or the rising hand for "the premature burial. They are so very beautiful and well thought-out

Here are the shrink parts in detail.

and here is my other favourite

a bug pouch! A Chafer beetle in my favourite green. It is stunning.

a close-up of the beetle. See how absolutely consummate it is painted?!
The picture does not do it any justice

Here is a shot of the lining. It matches the bag perfectly!

and a close-up of the zipper pull: a monarch butterlys chrysalis
same annotation as for the bug

and now my absolute favourite off all:
The "works of Edgar Allen Poe. (You will soon discover what the bookmarks where made from)

and a note:

as I opened it..

...a Monarch butterfly necklace. I forget to breath for a few minutes because it is so gorgeous! Again the pics do not do it any justice. It was fixed in there with tiny nails to make it look like one of those butterfly displays.(pic was taken after I ripped the necklace out)

A close up:

another close-up to see more of the painting

isnt it pretty?!

and last but not least me and my happy face modelling it. I wore it the whole day (even through it didn't really match my sloppy cloth) and had a hard time taking it of for the night. I am pretty shure I am going to wear it for my sis wedding.

she also send some shrinks that did not come out very well:

Batman, Night of the living dead, Sin city

I love how everything coordinates together. Mlheran you did an awesome painting job everthing is so  thought-out and detailed. I am a very lucky girl that we got paired. THANK YOU!!!! Now I am totally swap anxious about my package

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting any kind of skull shaped beads and patches-feel free to send me spare ones  ;-)
---------------------------------------------
etsy
pinterest
draw me s.
ShesAZombie
And the Zydrate gun goes somewhere against my anatomy...

DeathStar DriveBy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009 07:30:26 AM »

i recieved from missmuffcake today, but i'll have to post pics later/tomorrow as im a bit pressed for time. sorry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I saw the future,
the geeks were right.
missmuffcake

Spicy but sweet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009 10:05:39 PM »

I received from ShesAZombie yesterday!

First up a lil trinket box with lil shrinky charms inside:

Next up is a sugar skull hair flower & a necklace with my name:

There is also a decorated spoon complete with super cute cupcake:

Also she sent a sugar skull toy for my cat Mar who loves it:

Thank you so very much! I know one item broke so I am sending a replacement & something else I forgot to include in the package in my mad rush to post things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's more to life than books you know
                But not much more
wiseowl
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009 08:25:16 AM »

These are some great packages! I am dying to know how that gorgeous intense color was achieved on the insects and butterflies, and how you got such teensy holes in your shrinks.  Please do tell!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melvinator

It's a miracle!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009 09:58:36 AM »

K guys! I'm finally back from vacation and am doing some updates. Those of you who haven't posted pics of what you received...I'm looking forward to seeing your stuff! I STILL haven't sent, but that will be taken care of this week. I'm so behind on crafting it's ridiculous. I feel like such a slacker.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Red Carpet Hairstyles
How to Do Urban Hairstyles
How to Do Teased Hairstyles
Bria Murphy Behind-The-Scenes For Dark & Lovely
Hair How To: The Grecian Twist
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...