A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweat Shoppe Swap 19 Gallery  (Read 6552 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kwality570
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2009 05:35:59 AM »

Those notecards are gorgeous!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cyndiq
i am aka sewsweet08 on yt come say hi

aussie craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2009 06:42:26 AM »

i just want to let everyone who isnt happy with their kansashi as a hairpin and prefers a brooch back to return it to me and i will fix it.
i was asked by a few to make it into a hairpin. and ended up doing most like that. apparently i was wrong to do this as one person has complained to me.
I have been told that i didnt spend an hour making this so i have been unfair.

however this is incorrect. Undecided
each petal is individually sewn twice to be sure and then put together. they took me 2hrs 15mins to make each. i am a slow hand sewer. i dont hot glue like others making them but maybe ishould to save time. anyhow i apologise i didnt send 2 but i have 3 children and work and was unable to send the extras i usually add due to running out of time and our finances being less.
i wanted to add a barette but postage would have been $8.50 on each not the $4.50- 9.60 i paid on my parcels according to contents this round.

anyhow I wont make them again. thanks everyone so far for letting me know you recieved. just waiting on 2 more to recieve. ihave only recieved 1 out of 10 so far.
sorry if you are disappointed in my work this round. Embarrassed
I think its time to give swapping a break postage is so high now to and from australia
i will post my photos when they arrive.
thanks gator and everyone else  for letting me swap with you over the past couple of y ears. i  have enjoyed it. i feel bad leaving on a sour note. but i cant afford to resend another 7 kansashis due to postage.

cyndi

« Last Edit: July 28, 2009 06:45:59 AM by cyndiq » THIS ROCKS   Logged

luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2009 08:20:01 AM »

Hey Cyndiq!  Just want you to know that I think my kanashi hairpin is adorable!  Just because it is small doesn't mean it didn't take a lot of work. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
crafty gurll
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2009 09:08:34 AM »

And good things come in small packages!!!  Wink They look adorable!!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beeclef

The crafter formerly known as Bongirl5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2009 11:14:56 AM »

Hi CyndiQ! I love my kanzashi, and I think you did a wonderful job on it.  I'm going to change it into a brooch myself, because hairpins never seem to work out with me, but your workmanship is great.  I love the fabric you used too! I also wondered if you used a little stuffing or something?  It seems to be a little bit puffy in the middle part. I love it! Just curious. Smiley Don't feel down about your kanzashi, coming from someone who has made these before, you did a wonderful, careful job.  Mine didn't look this good, and I'm thrilled to own one of yours.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wonderfully Awkward - my blog http://www.bclef.com
esmecraftin

the music always gives me a lift, I'm so easy to please...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2009 12:05:22 PM »

My kansashi is lovely too, cyndi!
I had never seen one before, it looks quite intricate and complicated!  I love how it is padded in the middle,too - and the pretty fabric  Smiley

I'm just waiting for my 5th item to arrive before posting pics - everything I have received so far is great Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cyndiq

aussie craftster

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2009 09:35:02 PM »

hi everyone,
thanks i feel a bit better. i felt so bad last night that i had disappointed people. i guess  you cant please everyone.
if imake them again i will make a bigger size. this was my first real go at making them. they are 2 inch petals folded so it ends up about 2 1/2 inch diameter. i do love this swap. i didnt think what i made was any smaller than other items i have recieved.
re padding: yes there is a little inner circle of felt to strengthen the central join.  i didnt realize it would make it look puffy  but then i did like the look. what do you think? then each petal is hand sewn twice and then its sewn together in the centre. i found a japanese lady on holiday here who taught me and i have never seen any instructions quite like it. you get a nice shape. i am getting a little faster wish i could use my machine lol. I used my sizzix to cut out the 2 circles of felt so they were perfect.
2 items got here today so thats 3 in total. recieved.
Ok i just open my adorable cupcake  key ring love it from esme crafting. i adore all of these you make so cute.
And I recieved my cupcake brooch so sweet from miss disney. the cupcake has real cute factor!
pm everyone now
cyndi

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2009 04:48:50 PM »

here are the last of my photos Smiley i LOVED this round, one of my favorite swaps to date..

thank you all for such wonderful items, i am really lucky to have swapped with everyone in this group
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
shadowemblem
Ivy-Emblem

yo watz up ppl ?

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2009 04:53:02 PM »

Shocked der all so Super Kwaii! esp. da drawin's

thankz 4 postin' & sharin'
-Ivy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cyndiq

aussie craftster

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2009 04:15:51 AM »

i recieved today
so here is  pics of everything i have got so far, thanks everyone i messaged you all! just 2 more to come now!
i love all my items ~ wallet from bongirl5, cards from avesthel, cosy and extras from kevsbabe, cupcake brooch from miss disney, cupcake key ring from esmecrafting, headband from dipndot,stamps from karin, shell necklace from gatorwrangler

sadly gatorwranglers necklace didnt make it in one piece

postie machine probably got it. sorry.
thanks everyone!
cyndi
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Original Waldorf Salad Recipe
Wild Rice Stuffing Recipe
How to Make Kansas City Barbecue
How to Modernize Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes
How to Make Bagels
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...