A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,028
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Poppet/Doll furniture along TO COMPLETE BY THE END OF 2012  (Read 38008 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: April 13, 2012 08:02:40 PM »

Cheesy  I'm so happy to see this thread liven up again.  I'm guilty of slacking on my quest to create a warm cozy home for my girlies...  I so need some motivation... LOL

Sharalee, I love your vintage handmade barbie closet.... and all the little goodies inside.  I think it's neat that you've held onto it all this time... what lovely memories of your mom.

lovesclutter, I am anxious to see how your poppet house progresses, I can visualize your Alice room already.... sounds cute.

Bubblegum, I know how easy it is to displace our dollies and fill their spaces with our own stuff.... I'm sure Madison will be thrilled with that house you posted..... I know I would be... LOL

even though I've been lazy in my house making endeavor.... I did manage to take my girls out a couple weeks ago for a fun
Your dolls are awesome.

What happened in the-last year is my dad This was last November.(this was in December) (who was on home dialysis for a few years) fell out of the bed, broke his hip, trip home, he had a heart attack in the hospital (this was also in December) so we had a very stressful time while he underwent surgery,(which they postponed until February, are you kidding me.?) he went to a couple of rehabs that all sucked: he finally came home to die (in march), I spent his last week of life helping mother, and had to spend his last nite with him to help him with the medication to stop pain till 4 am he died a couple of hours later.  Toughest time of my life. 

Could not recover enough to feel crafty, so the thread kinda lost my focus..after a few other life challenges, boyfriend who loved me 'to death',  and tried to kill me I am back to living for me.

I've never been a victim. Had to turn it around. This project will 'enable' me.

I miss my daddy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #191 on: April 14, 2012 10:43:11 AM »

Hi "lovesclutter" So sorry about your Dad. I know it's hard dealing with things like that!! I lost my parents with in a 1 yr. 1/2 of  each other in the 90's.  Sad  It took me a long time to get over it. I was a late baby so we were very close. But time helps & eventually heals & life goes on.  Smiley
So I do hope you can get your Poppet house done. You inspired me when I read the whole thread the first time.  Wink That's why I got my Barbie closet out to work on. I have taken some of the contact paper off but that's it. Can't wait to see that Alice room with the little door all done Cheesy.

"fluttermuffin" I love your little girls, you pose them so well!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap" RD 2/partners
"Poppet vs. Ami Swap"/partners
"Make Purse & Wallet Swap/partner

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Pa
lovesclutter

« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2012 08:34:39 AM »

Thank you sharalee for your kind words.

I MAKE SOME PRGRESS.

I knew the spiral wouldn't work. So I laid out a grid, and thought black and white checkered floor. Then I thought no, I had white rabbit on the computer, and if Alice is going to fall down the rabbit hole, this wouldn't do.

First is a picture of THE HOLE.

Here is my mapped out floor.\

You may as well get out all of your 'tools' and get comfortable. This may take awhile.

Took a little break to take pictures.

Then I decided I couldn't look at that hole anymore, so I got to work in CorelDraw and got busy, and believe me when I say it was hard to remember how to do some of the stuff to combine shapes and try to emulate the image I used as inspiration.

This took way more time than I thought. Over three hours of work so far. Just ate, so may go back and do more in a little while.

It feels good to be getting started.

You will notice a printed zentangle I used as inspiration. It is a bunny, so when I get back to the other computer where I saved it, I will add to the next post.

For now, I am going to cut out the door and one a little larger behind it to have a rectangular opening. That little circle in the door will be cut out as well. I will try with my pencils to get that mottled effect for the door that is in the image.

ETA changed kink to kind, Freudian slip. Shocked
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012 05:07:15 PM by lovesclutter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
lovesclutter

« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2012 05:10:58 PM »

End of day, went on to other things.

Got out a round disk to start on the table. Working on a table stand or something to use for legs.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sharalee

« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2012 09:00:57 AM »

Oh...."lovesclutter" You are doing great on your room there!  Cheesy  Love the little door & the Floor is Awesome!! Great Work!!  Shocked    So glad you started on it. I love it all ready. Keep up the great work!!
Talk soon,
Sharalee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Pa
fluttermuffin
« Reply #195 on: April 18, 2012 02:23:06 PM »

I have to agree with Sharalee..... love that little door... and how creative is that flooring??  can't wait to see more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sharalee

« Reply #196 on: April 21, 2012 12:50:32 PM »

Hi everyone, just checking in!! "Fluttermuffin" How's it going on your project! Can't wait to see it!!

"lovesclutter" How's it going? My email is not sending my new postings or PM messages any more so I have to check in & see if there is any progress going on!!Maybe your all busy working on you're projects!! That's good, I haven't!!  I've been doing my Swaps. One more to go & then I'll be done & won't sign up for more swaps except for one but it'll be a little later. Ok Talk more later!! Have a great Day!! It's a beautiful Day 75* here in Eastern WA.  Love it!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

« Reply #197 on: April 22, 2012 09:47:44 AM »

Hey Ladies, I finished coloring in the floor yesterday and added a backdrop for behind the door. Need to do the walls, and have the perfect paper to put up, but can't for the life of me find the spray adhesive, and regular glue is very tedious. Took more pics, have the table figured out. Stacked old wooden checkers and topping with a little stained round wood piece. I will try to upload the pics later today.

Helping a friend out over the phone with his internet issues. I may have to go over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

« Reply #198 on: April 22, 2012 09:49:36 AM »

Wow, ya'll are truly inspirational.  I've been wanting to make a fashion doll dollhouse complete with furniture for years but couldn't "rationalize it".  I didn't have any dolls and I have 2 boys.  Well I said to heck with that this year and my hubby, mother and MIL bought me some monster high dolls for my birthday and Christmas.  I currently have them displayed on hanging shelves that I picked up at Goodwill. 

I'm hoping to start on a dollhouse soon. My problem is deciding what I want.  I'm thinking of either a gothic inspired dollhouse or a steampunk styled dollhouse.  I may do a combination of the 2.  And I know I need to do the dollhouse before I make furniture or I'll go overboard on the furniture and either make too much or it'll be too big.

BleCherryFaerie, I hope you join us, I am going to look up that type of doll. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

« Reply #199 on: April 29, 2012 06:52:19 AM »

Well, I have some progress to report. I struggled forever to figure out how to do the walls, then it hit me.CARDS!, lots of cards. and I just so happened to have some Tim Burton playing cards. One tip, don't EVER get hot glue on your toes. Hurts like hell. Ask me how I know. Huh

On to the pics.

I'm open to suggestions on how to make a tiny bottle, and a tiny cake. I don't do clay. LOL

I also applied cards to the ceiling, not every space is covered, but it is INTERESTING.

Any comments or criticisms welcome. Also any ideas on needed elements of this rabbit hole. Tiny bird cage, keys, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Redbook Magazine’s Beauty Epiphanies
Makeup Expert Kandee Johnson Transforms Into 1990s Madonna
Prabal Gurung Fall 2014 NY Fashion Week - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Remove Toxins and Bacteria From Your Body With Oil Pulling
The Best & Worst Celebrity Beauty Looks Of The Week
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...