A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
481 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Poppet/Doll furniture along TO COMPLETE BY THE END OF 2012  (Read 37149 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BlueCherryFaerie
« Reply #180 on: January 17, 2012 07:58:23 PM »

Wow, ya'll are truly inspirational.  I've been wanting to make a fashion doll dollhouse complete with furniture for years but couldn't "rationalize it".  I didn't have any dolls and I have 2 boys.  Well I said to heck with that this year and my hubby, mother and MIL bought me some monster high dolls for my birthday and Christmas.  I currently have them displayed on hanging shelves that I picked up at Goodwill. 

I'm hoping to start on a dollhouse soon. My problem is deciding what I want.  I'm thinking of either a gothic inspired dollhouse or a steampunk styled dollhouse.  I may do a combination of the 2.  And I know I need to do the dollhouse before I make furniture or I'll go overboard on the furniture and either make too much or it'll be too big.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #181 on: January 17, 2012 08:13:11 PM »

Going to drag out my Pullip kitchen and spray it all white, silly Barbie and her all pink colour scheme  Cheesy
I found an awesome dolls house online too, might see if hubby and I can build it, seeing how when we moved Madison lost her home to nicknacks lol  Cheesy
http://pinterest.com/pin/42995371412113037/
(linked via my pinterest)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #182 on: January 18, 2012 02:44:52 PM »

Bubblegum... that is amazing. I've just started swapping, but sit on the sofa every night crocheting, so I plan on a few rugs, and painting the rooms soon. I was SUPPOSED to be off next week for a vacation, but they scheduled another class, and I'm dog tired. I know that dragging it into the living room is going to tick off my man friend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #183 on: April 08, 2012 01:37:11 PM »

Well I guess this has kind died down a bit! What happen?  Sad  "lovesclutter" I've read through the whole thread & I was excited about it. I was looking forward to seeing your completed house "lovesclutter" & all the others that were doing pretty good too. But now nothing. So I hope this gets back on track!! I'm not making a house as yet & I do want to. But right now or soon I want to redo my Barbie Dolls closet.  Cheesy My Mom & I made when I was 13 yrs. or so & that's been over 50 yrs. give or take. It's made out of wood & has hinges on doors but 1 is broke, that's 1 reason I want to get it all fix up & new looking. There's another section under the main one. The outside of it & bottom is wood & there are 3 compartments & I made drawers out of boxes or shoe boxes & put a old wood thread spool for the pull I think or it's some wood pull.  I have a bunch of Barbie Clothes, some I bought & a lot I made or my Mom did that are in there. In the upper closet there is a shelf & under that a hanger rod we cut to fit in there for the clothes.
So I need help or Ideas of what to do. It has contact paper on the main outside closet & some has torn off & the rest was painted pink, I know yuck! But that's what I wanted back then, I want to update it maybe add a few new things & different color, etc.
I'll put pics in when I get them taken. So I hope this thread will still keep going on. Eventual I want to make a doll house. I have a 2 doll house patterns from 1961 a small scale one & another from the 70's I think it's real cool & explains how to make things out of household things It's modular & It will be fun to make. I've wanted to do it for ever!
Please keep this going! Thanks
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012 05:28:53 PM by Sharalee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.craftysisters-sharalee.blogspot.com

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap" RD 2/partners
"Craft My Pet for Me Swap"/Received/Sent
"Fabric Art Journal RD 3 Swap"/Received/Sent
"Make Purse & Wallet Swap/partner

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/also Teesha Moore Patches
Sharalee

« Reply #184 on: April 08, 2012 06:38:11 PM »

Hi there, here are the pics of my old Barbie Wardrobe Closet my Mother & I made a long time ago.  There's things in there I forgot about!
Here's the poor front & also has another section in between the other 2 I mention before. It's one big drawer & bottom has 3 drawers. Those are made from shoe boxes cut down, & old wood thread spool cut in half & put on with a screw & nut.

Isn't it terrible poor thing!

The hinge has broke off & the contact paper is peeling off.

Inside the big drawer, it's for the color wigs & hair dryer set I got later. I loved that.

These are the 3 drawers that's at the bottom, under the big drawer. Some of Ken Doll Clothes & accessories & a few clothes for Barbie.
So what do you all think I should do? I will of course take off all the contact paper & sand it some then paint it I think white like in the bathroom so I can wipe it down. Maybe get a transfer or I'll paint some flowers or something on the front doors. The drawers I'll have to redo or make new ones not sure yet. Maybe put some small hooks on inside of front doors. Maybe a gable on top! You all have any Ideas?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/also Teesha Moore Patches
lovesclutter

« Reply #185 on: April 08, 2012 06:44:37 PM »

At Sharalee, I'd like to see the pics of what you want to redo. I have been re-organizing my craft room. I have taken the 'house' in there and am going to start of painting. I want to do the spiral checkbox on the top floor for Alice where she lands in the rabbit hole. There is a hole in the back of the cabinet. I will actually do the painting and finish by the end of the year.

That being said, I do have weoekends to work, and the training is on again for back to back classes, but lucky for me, I'm getting everyone out of my house, so I'm set up and organized somewhat to work on this.

Shoot me if I don't update SOMETHING by this time next week. No swapping till I get a good start on Alice's room. I actually got inspired this holiday weekend. I'm slowing recovering from the last year, and have been stash busting to get rid of stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Sharalee

« Reply #186 on: April 08, 2012 07:14:59 PM »

At Sharalee, I'd like to see the pics of what you want to redo. I have been re-organizing my craft room. I have taken the 'house' in there and am going to start of painting. I want to do the spiral checkbox on the top floor for Alice where she lands in the rabbit hole. There is a hole in the back of the cabinet. I will actually do the painting and finish by the end of the year.

That being said, I do have weoekends to work, and the training is on again for back to back classes, but lucky for me, I'm getting everyone out of my house, so I'm set up and organized somewhat to work on this.

Shoot me if I don't update SOMETHING by this time next week. No swapping till I get a good start on Alice's room. I actually got inspired this holiday weekend. I'm slowing recovering from the last year, and have been stash busting to get rid of stuff.

Hi "lovescutter" sounds like you've been busy with this & that. I need to declutter too. The spiral checkbox sounds fun! Can't wait to see that. Glad to hear you're back on your project.
I did post pics they are above here. Yeah I've been wanting to do this Barbie doll closet for a long time, but just haven't got around to do it. I am in 3 swaps, 2 I can finish pretty quickly but 1 will take a little longer. So I'll be in & out. I'm trying to get it started by taking off the contact paper & sand it.
Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

« Reply #187 on: April 09, 2012 04:29:14 PM »

Oh wow, that is so cute. That must have taken some time. The contact paper would have to go of course. But this helps me consider some options for Caressa's floor in the house. I do think I could make furniture out of cardboard. What does the house itself look like.

Here is the plan, top shelf (floor) has a hole in the back for the small door. Alice poppet's room will be the bottom of the rabbit hole. Ghili made this rabbit poppet. On my profile as favorites made by others.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=310633.msg3590616#msg3590616
Middle shelf (caressa's room), she is a little loose girl so she will have a chaise and maybe a couple of boudoir type of elements.  Caressa I made.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=304435.msg3484130#msg3484130

Libby is an active young lady, so she will have a living room scene. Her's will be last. I received Libby in a personal swap, It came from Amigurl55.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=304973.msg3508103#msg3508103

Any suggestions also welcome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sharalee

« Reply #188 on: April 10, 2012 11:04:18 AM »

Wow love all your Poppets "lovesclutter" they are beautiful!! Sounds like your Alice room on top will be very nice, I love the little door idea!! Can't wait to see it!
I still haven't done anything yet on my Barbie Closet, but will work on it now & then.

The Barbie closet was made a long time ago about 50 yrs. so I don't remember too much, but I don't think it took to long, a couple weeks or so.  My Mother was pretty handy at things like that & sewing things out of old dresses for us girls. I've make Poppetts too.  Haven't done any for awhile. Maybe later.
Your house sounds very nice!! Can't wait to see it all done!!
Sharalee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluttermuffin
« Reply #189 on: April 13, 2012 01:13:10 PM »

Cheesy  I'm so happy to see this thread liven up again.  I'm guilty of slacking on my quest to create a warm cozy home for my girlies...  I so need some motivation... LOL

Sharalee, I love your vintage handmade barbie closet.... and all the little goodies inside.  I think it's neat that you've held onto it all this time... what lovely memories of your mom.

lovesclutter, I am anxious to see how your poppet house progresses, I can visualize your Alice room already.... sounds cute.

Bubblegum, I know how easy it is to displace our dollies and fill their spaces with our own stuff.... I'm sure Madison will be thrilled with that house you posted..... I know I would be... LOL

even though I've been lazy in my house making endeavor.... I did manage to take my girls out a couple weeks ago for a fun photoshoot!

With her pink hair and violet eyes, Maxine makes the perfect little yard pixie... doesn't she??

Nettie and Lillie were taking a walk in the back yard and were surprised to find a sweet little yard pixie surrounded by butterflies and her own pet unicorn.

Lillie is in complete shock... she doesn't even remember to snap a pic with her little camera....

our little yard pixie decided to visit the tulip garden

Nettie is adjusting her glasses to get a clearer peek at Maxine.... "wow, it IS a yard pixie"

I think Miss Lillie is a little jeaous of all the attention Maxine is getting... *sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 7/12
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 12/12
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 11/12
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 1/12
How to Crochet an 8 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 6/6
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...