A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
602 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Poppet/Doll furniture along TO COMPLETE BY THE END OF 2012  (Read 36708 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2011 10:12:59 PM »

Ok, I promised pics, so I deliver pics  Cheesy

first off is the stuff I received for Madisons craft space. Bookshelf, some material, wip crochet and some yarns, a couple of paintings, patterns and magazines. Really cute, and really well done

a teeny stained glass  Tongue much smaller than I planned (still getting used to shrinkydinks) but still really cute

some half done paintings, the duck ones for the duck themed bathroom  Tongue

Speedy and his turtle food  Cheesy (the tank is a pin box, gravel is seed beeds, water is pva [still drying] and food colouring, rock is a stone and Speedy is a wee toy)

these paintings are inspired from bigger versions I saw and liked on craftster

the teeny teaset, vase and flowers I brought  Cheesy

and a vase (they said it was 1:12 like the other vase... yea no its not)

and finally, Madison holding one of 14 teddybears I have made for various people to recieve for Valentines day (the teddies recieved a new name by about number 5, rhymes with duckling teddies  Wink )

Ive also got a pic of her really messy house Ill post at some stage... Its messy as I havent placed anything where its supposed to go yet, just put it in there so it wouldnt get tossed  Cheesy
Ill only post if someone else does! (and if someone else talks on here... its lonely all by myself)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
bambii8899
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2011 10:26:20 PM »

lol bubble cant be that bad talking to yourself. ill join in too if ya want to see how slow i do my doll stuff  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2012  8/50
destash-along
crafted cushion swap-sent
fluttermuffin
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2011 01:45:57 PM »

hiya Bubblegum,

love, love, love seeing all the goodies your Madison is recieving.... and I so TOTALLY am wisting that turtle tank.

will continue to lurk this thread until I have more to post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubblegum_phoenix

« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2011 08:05:16 PM »

Noooo, dont lurk! Play with me!

Madisons kitchen arrived the other day. I brought an old barbie one off ebay, well, I should say old as it was in mint condition still in box. Im a wee bit getted as I thought all the cupboards opened and they dont, but, I have a sharp knife and will buy some no more nails (supre strong glue) and teeny hinges and fix that  Wink
It came with some food and other accessories as well as the unit (fridge, bench, oven, stove top) and a table and chairs  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluttermuffin
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2011 08:39:28 AM »

Alrighty then... here I go... long, LO...NG post and fat with photos.

Over a year ago, I fell in love with Pullips (due to Craftster, LOL). Anyhow, I splurged and bought one.... or two.... or FIVE!!   I took them out of the box, re-dressed a couple, admired them and posed them on a shelf.    They lived on a built in shelf in my craft room....  Then life came crashing over me.  My mom was hospitalized, I had a mild heart attack, welcomed 2 more grand babies to our growing brood and serious marital problems...

Now here I am.... six months ago, I left my husband (and our 4 bedroom house with huge craft space) and am currently living in a 1 bedroom (have to walk through my daughter's room to get to the bathroom) much smaller but HAPPIER house.  Most of my non-essentials were boxed up and placed in storage.  I've been slowly going through boxes and paring down my belongings.... but my Pullip's have been waiting patiently to come home.  I've been following the Poppet/Doll furniture along TO COMPLETE BY THE END OF 2011 thread and decided that is just the push I need to get these girlies settled in.

Since my disposable income has decreased immensely, I've settled on a $50 budget to complete this challenge. I had purchased a few items last summer, but not counting them... it's $50 starting now.

My Pullip girlies..... Lillie, Maxine and Nettie.  (my daughter adopted the other two)

Lillie....named for my Paternal great Grandmother, Lillie Elizabeth (Matthews) Grable. Lillie is originally a Dita that I purchased from PullipStyle. I plan on trimming her hair a bit, but otherwise, she is perfect

Maxine...named for my maternal Grandmother, Thelma Maxine (Merriott) Harlan. Grandma Maxine passed away when I was only 9 months old. Maxine is originally a Papin with a my Melody wig that I purchased off Ebay. I plan to re-wig her in a medium brown. I love her a lot

Nettie...named for my maternal great Grandmother, Nettie Ellen (Clinton) Merriott. (also called Nanu by us grandkids). Nettie is originally a Cinciallegra that I purchased from PullipStyle. Again, my only plans for her is a bit of trimming to her hair. She's so sweet

Last summer, I came across a box of vintage Barbie furniture at a thrift store for $10.  OH MY GOODNESS.... I didn't realize what a treasure chest that was.... I've tried to research and the best I can come up with is it's from the early 60's.  The bedroom ensemble seems to be similar to sets made by Suzy Goose.  The plastic is yellowed a bit, but since I don't plan on reselling them, I will be refinishing them to pristine white.  I also had picked up a tub and stool at that same thrift store for $3... these looked as if they hadn't been played with at all.  Gonna refinish them as well.

favorite piece from my $10 box find. as you can see the upper cabinet doors are off, but with some cleaning and fixing up, it'll look great... love the back splash pattern. if you notice the left of the cabinet is a little blender that actually plugs into the unit.

the door opens and it is wired so that when you turn the knob, the burners light up. I've not tried to add batteries to check that yet...

Hutch...doors & drawers open and close

Bed, complete with mattress, pillow, bedding and serving tray... vanity, complete with stool, brush, comb, portable tv... wardrobe, complete with vintage shoes, hangers and basket purse...

Miscellaneous furnishings

the clawfoot tub and stool I got for $3 at the thrift store last summer... looks unused. (just need a bathroom sink)

a piece raided from my daughters old Barbie stash... it looks like an older ice box.. needs painted.

Plus a pile of clothes and other things to sort through from my daughter's old Barbie stash... (she's nearly 20 and has given me permission... after she picked what she wanted for her Pullips...LOL)

Now, after going through all my stuff, I was racking my brain on where to fit in a home for my girls... then I stepped out to the laundry porch to toss some clothes in the wash and it hit me.... in true Craftster form... just look at the POTENTIAL of this....

with some foam core, scrapbook paper, fabric and glue... I think I can create an adorable little home for them... whatddya think???

One last note... I'm adding a pic of the two Pullip's that my daughter adopted.... Nahh-ato and Chill. She loves them.  They are best friends living in a loft in New York.... Nahh-ato is an aspiring writer and Chill is an aspiring actress... LOL... she is so creative.

thanks for looking!!
{{jamie}}
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bambii8899
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2011 02:59:18 PM »

as per bubble request i shall post a picture of Cai now that she is finished  Wink lol now she can bug me about something else lol

THIS ROCKS   Logged

destash-along
fluttermuffin
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2011 03:38:47 PM »

Oh my goodness Bambi... Cai is gorgeous!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluttermuffin
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2011 03:39:30 PM »

22 February 2011 (at 4pm)

Update on my Pullip house.... I am such a procrastinator that I didn't want to let this fall to the wayside, so I proceeded to move my little bedroom nook around and made space for the future Doll house....

here it is in place

eewwwww, after several years in the garage before being moved here for my laundry porch.. it's gross.   A little soap, bleach and elbow grease and it'll be looking good.

Here it is with furniture tenatavely placed.... still have some tweeking to do.

Awwww, all the moving wore Nettie out....

Maxine and Lillie decided to relax in front of the TV awhile.....

I know.... I think I'm gonna become obnoxiously obsessed with this... LOL

{{jamie}}
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bambii8899
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2011 03:58:27 PM »

hehe thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

destash-along
bubblegum_phoenix

« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2011 08:08:15 PM »

So cute! Awesome stuff guys, Im glad to see Im not the only adictee  Cheesy
Ill have to get an updated pic of Madisons pad, its a state right now (matches my place) as Im still trying to work out what I need. Ive been having more fun with stuff rather than finishing said stuff  Cheesy and I certaintly havent gotten around to flooring or wall coverings yet  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Glass Blowing: How to Use Jacks and Pacioffis
Glass Blowing: Using Diamond and Straight Shears
Glass Blowing: How to Prepare Newspaper for Heat Protection
How to Marver Glass
How to Color Blown Glass
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...