A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 301,589
Currently Running With Scissors:
581 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Poppet/Doll furniture along TO COMPLETE BY THE END OF 2012  (Read 42685 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2011 05:31:47 PM »

bubblegum_phoenix, that is brilliant. The Month of February, let's see if we can get a shell finished? If your house just needs finishing, maybe you could do the walls and floors? What do all of you think?

A hospital room for heckdraad because she is make so she looks stitched up. But I may actually give her room to my bride and groom troll dolls.

I found my primer, and am going to get my roomie to get the house to a place where I can work on it, bc it is very heavy.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2011 08:35:11 PM »

So like wallpaper and carpet? or an entire room including furnishing and lights?
Been playing with enamel gloss, woohoo. I obviously do not like my brain cells  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
bubblegum_phoenix

« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2011 01:15:25 AM »

Just thought everyone would like to see what Ive been up to today, besides huffing gloss fumes lol (cant show that as its for a swap  Wink )
I found a wee turtle in my junk stash, I thought it would make a cute wee pet for Madison, Ive been scratching my head for days trying to work out what to use for the aquarium, it came to me today... my pin box! You know the wee containers you buy dressmaker pins in? Yea them, and after another half hour of head scratching and contemplating taking a hammer to my own aquarium gravel I decided on using seed beads!Ah ha, the idea, it is growing! I then opened my jewlery box for a pebble, strange place for a stone I know, but the jewlery box used to be my Nanas and she passed away a week ago and this pebble was in the box (along with others labeled for my cousins, so Im guessing these are the stones we picked up as kids and gave to her... Im 23 now... shes had that stone a long time). So I assebled all this, and decided I didnt want someone to know it over and me to spend the next week picking it all up so I added glue (wow, I waffle heaps!) and then as pva dries clear I decided to add a drip of blue food colouring  Cheesy

Now, pics (if you read all that waffle you def deserve pics  Cheesy )

Ive also been working on the plans for my kitchen. Im fighting with it as Madison had such a big head and I dont really want there to be a cupboard right where she would be looking  Cheesy

but this is what Ive drawn up so far

Excuse the yellowness of the pics, its half 10 at night so theres obviously no natural light (even though it is Summer)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

margiej
« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2011 01:01:23 PM »

Okay, you guys are on my favorite subject:  dolls and dollhouses with furnishing!  I don't think at this point I'll be doing one, but I never know!  I collect hard plastic dolls from the 50's like I played with as a child (have a few Tonis, some Sweet Sue knockoffs, then my Tiny Tears baby, some Ginny and Pams and knockoffs, some old compositions, and few early 60's and 70 vinyls, which aren't important really, but I have had so long, you know>) Anyway, my dolls are scattered here and there all over my apartment.  I just "destashed" a ton of Barbies and common porcelain dolls to a girl, because I was ticked that my son in law made my g'dau get rid of a bunch I had given her.  So I mailed them to a fellow Craftster.  Still have 2 boxes of old Barbie furniture and a house, for the few times she gets to come here to play.  They don't like "mess" at their house, so she can't have it there.  I think she feels it's more trouble to "play" and have to put it all away immediately, so she doesn't even care about dolls.  Oh well, that is just the way it is I guess.  Her mom sure wasn't rushed like that, she could keep toys out and go right back to playing with them the next day.  But, I'm not the momma now.  Oh, I might destash some more of that stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
SKooKuM
Miss Sews-a-lot

Dance kitty

« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2011 01:30:23 PM »

Okay, you guys are on my favorite subject:  dolls and dollhouses with furnishing!  I don't think at this point I'll be doing one, but I never know!  I collect hard plastic dolls from the 50's like I played with as a child (have a few Tonis, some Sweet Sue knockoffs, then my Tiny Tears baby, some Ginny and Pams and knockoffs, some old compositions, and few early 60's and 70 vinyls, which aren't important really, but I have had so long, you know>) Anyway, my dolls are scattered here and there all over my apartment.  I just "destashed" a ton of Barbies and common porcelain dolls to a girl, because I was ticked that my son in law made my g'dau get rid of a bunch I had given her.  So I mailed them to a fellow Craftster.  Still have 2 boxes of old Barbie furniture and a house, for the few times she gets to come here to play.  They don't like "mess" at their house, so she can't have it there.  I think she feels it's more trouble to "play" and have to put it all away immediately, so she doesn't even care about dolls.  Oh well, that is just the way it is I guess.  Her mom sure wasn't rushed like that, she could keep toys out and go right back to playing with them the next day.  But, I'm not the momma now.  Oh, I might destash some more of that stuff.

That's terrible! D: I know my mother said as long as they weren't in the middle of the floor they could stay out, so I had my doll stuff set up under the bed lol.
I have none of my doll stuff left. I packed it up at 18 to go to college, stored it in my grandparents attic... they either threw it away or gave it all to my cousin with out asking.  And the few bits I had left...well an apartment fire ate those. You are so lucky to have some of the things you had as a child Cheesy
I am working slowly to have some nice doll house stuff again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am open to personal swaps. Send a pm if you'd like to do a Harry Potter, Pokemon, BJD or Obitsu swaps.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/kitsunestudios
bubblegum_phoenix

« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2011 08:32:56 PM »

Still trying to get hold of a kitchen, urgh, but thats ok. Going to try and get hold of some wallpaper samples and maybe some scrap lino to do the walls and floor of the kitchen, then Ill have a fiddle around with making windows. I had the brilliant ideas of taking photos and using them as the images out my windows, as glossy photos would look like a scene through a window... and photos would be nicer than my drawing  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2011 07:53:18 PM »

Excellent idea bgp That would add a very nice touch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
bubblegum_phoenix

« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2011 09:30:59 PM »

I am so happy! Managed to pick u a barbie kitchen  Grin its a never played with one too so it will have all the stuff  Grin
Plus, I got a package today with Pullip craft room stuff  Cheesy Madison is so spoiled! A wee bookcase, a box of "patterns" and craft "books", a cotton rack, basket of yarn and dacron (stuffing), two paintings, a half done crochet item and a basket with another ball of the yarn and a hook. Its all so teeny, Ill post pics when I get the chance  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluttermuffin
« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2011 01:35:37 AM »

ummm WOW.... I don't know how I've missed this thread all this time.  Anyhow, was browsing Craftster for ideas for making furniture for my Pullip's.  I have an unused entertainment center that I've decided I want to turn into a lovely home for my girls. (as soon as weather permits us moving it in from the shed).  Last year I participated in my first swap, where MargieJ blessed me with some chairs for my girlies... I've since added 2 more little cuties to my Pullip family (as well as my daughter adopting one of her own).

I love seeing what all you crafty ladies have been doing with creating homes for your dollies to live... I'd like to try and meet the challenge to complete and furnish my own dolly house by the end of this year....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubblegum_phoenix

« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2011 08:11:14 PM »

Todays mail brings to us- a teeny tiny teaset and a matching vase with flowers. Ive got to cut the flower stems down a bit but otherwise pretty awesome.
Ill have to do some serious pic spamming at some stage so you guys can see Madisons craft stuff she got yesterday Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Remove the Wings of a Holiday Turkey
How to Separate the Dark Meat in a Turkey
How to Measure the Temperature of a Holiday Turkey
Carving a Holiday Turkey
Learn how to Plate a Romantic Dinner for Two
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...