A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Poppet/Doll furniture along TO COMPLETE BY THE END OF 2012  (Read 36829 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sharalee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #200 on: April 29, 2012 11:10:45 AM »

This is so neat "lovesclutter" I love it  Shocked  Your doing a great job!! On your tiny bottle & tiny cake, some old parts from sprays bottle the top part take it apart & glue it together how you want it. The bottle I'm not to sure, I sure there is something that you use everyday that you could use as tiny bottle, maybe a eye dropper & somehow cut off the ends & use class beads for the lid. Also old earings they might work!!. For the keys maybe some charms  & the bird cage use a small card board for bottom or a earing & wire bent up & form the cage lots of glue & a glass bead on top & have a wire or something to hang it by. Hope that helps. Cant't wait to see it all done!! You are doing a great job on it! Keep up the Awesome work!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.craftysisters-sharalee.blogspot.com

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap" RD 2/
"Craft My Pet for Me Swap"/Partner/
"Fabric Art Journal RD 3 Swap"/Partners/
"Make Purse & Wallet Swap/

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/also Teesha Moore Patches/Felt Badges
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #201 on: April 29, 2012 02:22:40 PM »

Sharalee, an eyedropper, I think I have that. You are so clever. I am using all stash, and thought today, I have a hanger perfect for hanging a bird cage. Have some more ideas. Crafting is mostly on weekends.  Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Linda P
« Reply #202 on: April 29, 2012 05:24:06 PM »

I love it!  Where did you ever find Tim Burton playing cards?  Great job.. you might find the cake and tiny bottle in doll house things at Hobby Lobby, or in Jewerly findings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wwrich

Elsbeth's Mom

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #203 on: April 29, 2012 07:08:34 PM »

I have bought little glass bottles at Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Fire Mountain Gems (http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?pn=H202479PK).  People often make them into necklaces and earrings.  These might be a little too small for "Poppet scale".

I have seen a lot of people selling cakes on etsy.  There was one shop that sold things in dollhouse scale, Barbie scale, and American Girl scale.  I think I even saw "Eat Me" cookies out there once.  Of course, I didn't save those links.

I found this birdcage tutorial a while ago -- I think someone posted it somewhere on Craftster.  I thought it was really cute.  http://www.howjoyful.com/2011/11/birdcage-ornament-tutorial/.  I don't know how you feel about soldering, but you might be able to fake it with some sort of epoxy-type glue if you don't have the tools (or connections).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Obsessed with Monster High dolls lately.

In the Chicago area?  Want to come to a great crafty weekend?  Check out http://www.musecon.org/
lovesclutter

« Reply #204 on: April 30, 2012 02:32:25 PM »

Thanks Sharalee. The scale of an ornament is perfect. While I don't have the materials doesn't mean I cannot use that for inspiration. I've bookmarked it. The simple construction is very helpful.

Linda P, my ex got those cards at the local museum of the appalaccia's here in Knoxville. We lost the 8 of spades, so it wasn't a full deck anyway and I got immense pleasure in putting hot glue on them. LOL

My goal with this house is to only use stuff I have on hand. While I do love my clutter, I need to use it up, give it away or ship it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
BlueCherryFaerie
« Reply #205 on: April 30, 2012 03:03:09 PM »

I absolutely love the use of the cards for the walls.  Are you trying for an "Alice in Wonderland" feel with a Tim Burton twist? 

And I also know what hot glue feels like on your foot.  I feel your pain.  FYI, inner thigh (I often work in shorts) and underside of your upper arm hurt really bad too.  I'm bit of a clutz.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

« Reply #206 on: April 30, 2012 05:13:15 PM »

Yes bluecherry, a mixture of Tim Burton and Disney. Yes, I'm mixed up, so we are liable to see a lot of crazy stuff..

Hot glue, yes, full protective gear this weekend. Can't imagine the inner thigh. Ouch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #207 on: May 01, 2012 03:32:28 PM »

I've been haunting y'all and your house is amazing lovesclutter!

I just found this tut at craftzine on how to weave tiny baskets and had to make sure y'all knew about it

http://1inchminisbykris.blogspot.ca/2011/07/weaving-basket-with-crochet-thread.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
lovesclutter

« Reply #208 on: May 01, 2012 05:14:43 PM »

While the scale is a little small, I am bookmarking that link for some of the other rooms. Thank you. I don't work on the house during the week, but I do get inspired on the weekends. LOL Getting old I guess. I have 2 crafalongs, and I have been ignoring the gibbous one.  I keep a lot of the whimsy's I have acquired and bits and bobs to consider for accents to the rabbit hole.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #209 on: May 10, 2012 04:08:11 PM »

we need more pics  Cheesy I'm hoping to grab the new dolly condo today, sadly not as flash on the one I pinned, but it should still be awesome  Cheesy just a kit set wardrobe  Wink but with a bit of paint, and a lot of Madi's stuff, should look awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Applying Toner to Ethnic Hair
How to Section Ethnic Hair for Coloring
Applying Highlights to Ethnic Hair
How to Section Your Hair
Creating Volume in Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...