A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,371
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Poppet/Doll furniture along TO COMPLETE BY THE END OF 2012  (Read 46970 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009 06:18:11 PM »

Ok, now that rocks and I'm hitting the button. That is excellent and exactly what I was wanting to see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Im Sew Silly
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If you're crafty and ya know it, clap your hands....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009 06:46:09 PM »

thank you and wow i dont know if i have ever rocked before!  Cheesy lol

i am really loving designing the furniture...i am working on another piece tonight...needs a paint job and some pillows...then i will post it too.

there are other works in progress, but they are part of the swap i am in so they will have to wait or it will be a give away to the partner  Wink

cant wait to see everyone else's creations! i just love this type of stuff.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Exodus 35:35 (NIV)~ He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple, and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers - all of them skilled workers and designers

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2009 06:57:29 PM »

oh, fun!  can we also post "refurbished" doll furniture in here?  like i have these bureaus that i got that are really jewellery boxes, and i want to make them not butt-ugly.  but there would be no building involved.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
poyupop

Master Craft Disaster!

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2009 07:57:24 PM »

I totally dig the bed... you did a great job on it! I recognize the doll dress fabric. LOL TOO CUTE!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009 07:58:40 PM by poyupop » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Im Sew Silly

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009 10:43:00 AM »

Here is what I was working on last night and part of this morning. Kennedy's living room bench and coffe table Smiley

The bench is actually a wooden wall shelf that is turned upside down to create a couch of sorts and then i glued legs to it and made the pillows after painting.
the coffee table was a piece of leftover wood that I cut away while making something else that will remain nameless haha, and i glued feet to it as well then painted and it was still missing something so i made a matching runner and a tiny fabric braided bowl that was the dickens to make! (kinda tough working on that tiny thing under the presserfoot and shaping while you cant hardly see it! lol)

my SIL and I, I'm sure, looked funny going back and forth the day I got some of the wooden pieces...we stayed in the wood crafts isles a long time but it was so much fun picking up things and saying " what if...."

Poyupop, Yeppers, I figured you would notice the dress fabric hehe. Its taken me this long to cut into that precious fabric you sent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Exodus 35:35 (NIV)~ He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple, and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers - all of them skilled workers and designers

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
lovesclutter

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009 11:05:48 AM »

That is so awesome and as soon as I get the gnome done, I'm going to make a house. I have had this old ugly dirty two door cabinet in the basement since I moved in. I'm going to clean it up and make the whole house. I will get a before picture later today. I'm stuffing fingers so I'm a little challenged.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Im Sew Silly

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009 04:06:12 PM »

Nataluna~ I would love to see what you do with your converted jewelry boxes! I could totally see one turning into a wonderful bureau~!

LovesClutter~ oh you are making  a gnome, how fun! Will the house be for him?
I would love to see a before pic of your cabinet (and gnome too hehe) and also in progress pics!

I just cant wait to see other people's goodies! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
lovesclutter

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009 04:29:41 PM »

Hi I'm so silly. The gnome is for the "pimp your craftster username" swap. My partner is belladune, and that is her avatar on WOW. The blood elf I made was for the "poppet mini swap'. Check my hosting to see the blood elf. Going down to dank dusty basement to snap a pic.

Modified to show before shots.

You can see it is very dirty.There is an electrical plug attached to the bottom right. A hole in the back of the top shelf, but it has potential. I am dredding the cleaning and sanding though, It will make  hell of a house. It is too heavy for me to get up here on my own. I have tools down there, but it is nasty where sis's dog spent his last days down there. Time to call junk be gone.

I also have this corner cabintet and a corner shelf with doors on the back porch, but they are attached to the walls.

Wish me luck.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009 04:57:49 PM by lovesclutter - Reason: add photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Im Sew Silly

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2009 07:50:46 PM »

yeah, it will be lots of work, but i can see there is loads of potential! it really would make a wonderful doll house once cleaned up and you do your crafty thing to it  Grin

hopefully someone will help you carry it to which ever location will be easiest to craft in. it does look like it would be a bit heavy.

what doll(s) will reside there? poppets? other? wanna share pics of those too? hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
lovesclutter

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2009 07:56:40 PM »

Here is the link to my photo hosting. There are other things besides poppets, just scroll through, I think I have 11 pages. Wink

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=167585
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jerry Falwell Book Trailer
Sometimes Moms Can Be So Embarrassing
Valerie Fitzgerald Talks About Heart and Sold
Meet Author Omar Tyree
Meet Author Paul Byrd
Latest Blog Articles
Tomato/Tomahto
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce
Mountain Views

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...