A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,750
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Hole-tastic Sweater with pattern  (Read 1495 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern , sweater  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 29, 2009 04:07:36 PM »

I have action shot but they are not on my computer right now, maybe I'll add some tomorrow.
Itís getting hot and I hate the heat but Iím not willing to give up my handmade sweaters, so whatís a girl to do? Make a summer sweater of course. I love wearing handmade things and showing off what I've made. This is a super simple sweater; I made it in 2 hours while watching my son, a friendís daughter and watching dress my nest with a Q size hook and less the 1 skein of super saver. It is an instant gratification type of sweater. Itís great for short attention spans and to make in between larger projects. I feel productive after finishing this project, I know have the ambition to finish my larger projects and can make my non-crafty neighbor jealous. It is super stretchy, so size is not a big issue, my widest area is 37Ē and it will stretch a lot more, there is no shaping except for the sleeve and no counting so it is great for doing while watching TV. So if you want to make all your non-crafty neighbors and friends jealous here is what you need;

Supplies

1 skein of worsted weight yarn a little more then 200 yards (I used Red Heart Super Saver in Zebra)

Size Q crochet hook

Yarn needle

From the bottom up

Cast on 50 or enough that it will comfortably fit around the widest part of your body or hips join with slip stitch try not to twist but it is not a big deal if it is, mine was and it turned out fine, no one will ever know

Chain 1 *double crochet in next, chain 1 repeat from * around without joining rounds until it is desired length make sure to try on

When desired length, in any random point, chain 15 or more or less for arm hole so that it comfortably fits around your upper arm, be sure to try it on again

Continue pattern in next stitch and half way around

Repeat arm hole and continue pattern around until you have made one full round after you make second arm hole

When you are on the second round of arm hole decrease 2 stitches on each sleeve, basically just skip on space twice on each side.

Do this for 2 rounds for a total of 8 decreases

For the next round dc in each chain 1 space without the chain 1 between each double crochet

End off and weave in ends

Now wear your new holey sweater, show it off and starting making all your friends jealous.
This is also on my blog below, please do not sell this pattern or anything made from this pattern and if you do make I would love to see pictures.

NOTE: some yarns do not stretch as well as red heart, one example is vannas choice, I made the exact same top with it and it is a lot smaller with a lot less stretch, its still stretchy just less so you may have to make a bigger size if using a yarn like that one, you may want to try it on a few time while you make it and if you have any question feel free to ask.ENJOY
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
lined
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009 04:57:13 PM »

Anxious to see the action shot. You said to cast on 50...do you mean chain 50?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Cheiri
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009 05:23:54 PM »

A summer sweater -- what an interesting idea! I like the way the yarn is variegated, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tattooedcrafter

Me and My littlest love

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009 06:12:28 PM »

Anxious to see the action shot. You said to cast on 50...do you mean chain 50?
yeah thats what i meant, thanks for pointing that out, I go back and forth between knitting and crochet so my mind doesn't adjust well to the changes Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

EssHaych
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009 02:14:35 PM »

Love it! Think I might have to try this! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shop: www.esshaych.etsy.com
Blog: www.esshaych.blogspot.com
Wist: www.wists.com/EssHaych

SWAPS!
Little Visitor Round 12
Post Secrets 12

I've started collecting Postcards! If you would like to trade PM me! <3 Thankies!
boogiedu
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009 01:26:17 PM »

this is an ingenious and clever idea!
do you skip any spaces when doing the armholes?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to,
doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.
tattooedcrafter

Me and My littlest love

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009 03:41:44 PM »

for the armholes I chained 15 and continued the pattern stitch and did regular dc decreases, I hope that clears it up for you a little
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Logos in Photoshop
How to Create Natural Light on Glamour Portrait
How to Change the Color of an Image
How to Work on a scenic photograph in Photoshop
How to Tidy Up Your Images in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...