A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,458
Currently Running With Scissors:
735 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Uncle Wiggly Pillow  (Read 612 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Beeclef

The crafter formerly known as Bongirl5

View Profile WWW
« on: June 28, 2009 10:13:37 PM »

This is my very first attempt at quilting of any kind.  I discovered that my measuring and calculating skills leave a lot to be learned, and I desperately want to take classes.  I found fabric at Tallmouse the other day that had scenes from childhood stories on them.  I remember my Mom reading my sister and I these books when we were little, and I freaked when I saw the fabric.  The only thing I could think of to do with it so far is to take a panel at a time and quilt with them. So, here's the pillow.  It's not perfect, but for a first attempt, I'm pretty happy.  It's not "my style" really, but the colors made sense with the fabric block. I still think it's adorable. What do you guys think?

I don't know why the corners look all strange in this pic, they're normal.

Closeup of Uncle Wiggly and the bunny babies (I think it's the story of Uncle Wiggly, as far as I know)

I quilted the back panel diagonally, and I'm glad I did.  I think it adds a little something.

I also used red piping around the edge to give it a little extra polish, and I love it. Hooray for more quilting ventures! (And signing up for classes soon!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wonderfully Awkward - my blog http://www.bclef.com
roccstarr75
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009 11:57:49 AM »

This is absolutely adorable, and if you can get this far, you can make a quilt.  Just make 9 or more of these pillow fronts, and then sew them together, instant quilt top.  You can get different looks by putting sashing between them, making more squares, putting on a border, or all 3!  Either way, you have a cute thing going here, don't stop!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KiwiQ
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009 05:47:18 AM »

I love this pillow!!  Very nostalgic for me, too!  My mom used to have an Uncle Wiggly board game, so when I was young, she got me a new one.  Such a goofy game and up until now, I completely forgot about it!!!  I can't wait to show her this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's a moat.  Filled with badgers.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Umit Benan Spring 2014 Menswear
How New York Fashion Week Showgoers Are Wearing Fall’s Hottest Looks
Met Gala - Punk Stories: Cara Delevingne Rocks the Look
Met Gala - Daria Werbowy Transforms Into the Ultimate Brooklyn Punk
How to Wear the Sweatshirt Trend
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...