A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,405
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Campers Swap Round 2 Sign up 1 July - 10 July , Sendout 31 Aug  (Read 14978 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MaggieMo
« Reply #170 on: July 28, 2009 09:48:01 AM »

OMG theres a gallery already? Im almost done just need the cards and Ive been procrastinating on that one  Undecided lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"But I don't want to go among mad people." said Alice. "Oh, you cant help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here."
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #171 on: July 28, 2009 10:05:48 AM »

Don't worry about it...
I'm nowhere near ready... someone asked and it only took a minute or so to set it up!!!
JEEESH - SWAP anxiety much everyone?Huh Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
mommys little badass

A life lived for others is a life worthwhile.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: July 28, 2009 12:18:25 PM »

I'm still here!! Grin

I've been pretty caught up in everyday hustle and bustle. Me and the kiddies are getting chickens! Not really camping related, but cool none the less! We're building a hen house for our girls and reading up on how to take care of them....I'm way more excited than they are.  Cheesy

As for the goodies, I'm half done 3 projects. Haven't started the cards yet, but I'm planning on hitting this head-on on the weekend. I think the weight on my parcel might be a bit high, but I'm prepared for that.

No camping for us yet this year. The weather has been so shitty; rain, rain, rain!  Angry  But I think we might give the backyard a campground treatment next week, since the weather man said it's supposed to warm up.

Happy crafting you crazy campers! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

« Reply #173 on: July 28, 2009 03:10:19 PM »

My camp cards are out the door! I put 4 first class stamps on the cards going to Canada. I hope that's enough???

maggiemo - I didn't send yours. I thought I'd mail it with your package.

The weather has been so shitty; rain, rain, rain!  Angry  But I think we might give the backyard a campground treatment next week, since the weather man said it's supposed to warm up.

I'm so jealous of your rain. It's in the mid-90's here in Seattle and we are not equipped for these temps. Bring on autumn and the cold weather!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Alexus1325
« Reply #174 on: July 28, 2009 08:34:57 PM »

Blech, Marethann, you can HAVE my weather! It's been cool and rainy for most of the summer, even though the warm weather started quite early this year (good long growing season for the blueberries, YAY!). I've worn shorts ONCE, and a hippie skirt only twice. I wore a tea-length skirt with leggings not long after Easter, but I'm not sure that counts Tongue

I've begun assembly of my camping cards! I'd forgotten how persnickety white glue can be, and I may have to redo one of the 9. Now that it's dry it doesn't look too bad, but *I* can see where the problem is Tongue I may not be able to include the little doodads, because it occured to me they may be too fat for the envelopes, and additionally, since swappers are getting OPENED packages these days, I'm worried it'll get crushed and destroyed, even though it's a quite sturdy plastic (it's a practical object I'm using for decorative purposes). I'll ponder it some more...

Mommy's Little Badass's presents are coming together Cheesy More use of the infamous white glue Tongue I test-shook the objet d'art just now and it seems to be holding (BLAST YOU, postal services!), but it's not even half-done yet. Goodie number two is mostly whole but languishing for the moment, and goodie number three is still in the planning stage. I'm taking my time, but I hope I don't take TOO long to get things done Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

Sewing feral faerie creature TEXTURE YUM

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #175 on: July 29, 2009 06:40:17 AM »

i worked the whole day on my partners lovely______ and still am not done with it....lol I kept getting disturbed!!! grrrr lol.....i haven't been feeling the top of creative game lately havent been sleeping well and feeling really just blah need some creative love vibes my way the bad faeries must be think like mosquitos in my inspiration zone.....damn unseelie court but there must be some balance...lol I am almost done with my cards my recipe i am gonna take to a copy machine cause its alot of writing(i have to explain it kinda extensivly) BUT ITS SOOOOOO GOOD...lol i mean you may not care for it cause its not meat or fish but its a nice change from meaty stuff and its meat like and i probably gave away to much but o well.....but yeah......i gotta go to work and help other happy creative people(JoAnns) and envy them lol....its ok i just a stella who lost her groove but i will get it back....i just need to take a caffeine free day and some camimile tea shots and pass out watching the labyrinth....lol I love that movie ok i will stop ramblin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watch out for toadstool rings!
www.wists.com/woodland_faerie
I love personal swaps we can do one with faerie clothing just ask! I've got a vintage fabric for trade
LimeRiot

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #176 on: July 29, 2009 05:30:28 PM »

Blech, Marethann, you can HAVE my weather! It's been cool and rainy for most of the summer.

I've begun assembly of my camping cards! I'd forgotten how persnickety white glue can be, and I may have to redo one of the 9. Now that it's dry it doesn't look too bad, but *I* can see where the problem is Tongue I may not be able to include the little doodads, because it occured to me they may be too fat for the envelopes, and additionally, since swappers are getting OPENED packages these days, I'm worried it'll get crushed and destroyed, even though it's a quite sturdy plastic (it's a practical object I'm using for decorative purposes). I'll ponder it some more...

I would LOVE to trade. My thermostat is reading 99 degrees right now. What used to be my little brick house is now a giant brick pizza oven! It's almost too hot to craft!

Your camping cards sound like they are going to be awesome. I can't wait to see them. I'm afraid mine aren't very fancy Sad.

woodland_faerie - I'm excited to try your vegan recipe! We have a lot of vegan restaurants in Seattle and I really like all the stuff I've had. A coworker of mine is vegan and always brings in really really yummy desserts but I've never tried to cook anything vegan myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

« Reply #177 on: August 02, 2009 10:25:31 AM »

So we went camping this weekend... Have I mentioned how much I hate thunderstorms? I ABHOR them, crawl under the table, hide until they're over hate them. Not much of a place to hide in our pop-up camper. Thank Goddess that we're only 1 hour from home and DH hates packing up with the rest of us around, he drove DS#'s 1 & 2 and myself home. Both grubby kids got baths right away and mine came a little later. Not a pleasant camping experience. I did make note of a thrift shop and discount grocery store close by this spot, but it isn't our favorite camping hole!!!

The camping card is WONDERFUL!!! It'll be fun to see what different styles we end up getting! August 16 is when we take off for our favorite camping spot and I'll collect the fun stuff for ours!
Hope others had a better most recent camping tale!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: August 02, 2009 06:46:17 PM »

I too received my 1st Camping card and it is great! Thanks so much! I was able to complete two projects for my partner, both turned out really good.  This was actually the first time that I did this craft in this way.  A trip to Hobby Lobby tomorrow for 1 little item that I need to make one complete.  I still have a project that I started, that needs to be finished, maybe I can knock it out tonight and tomorrow after I get home from work. I have not started on my camping cards but have plans in my mind. Bummer that you had a bad camping trip!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #179 on: August 02, 2009 07:51:16 PM »

Selkie - bummer about your camping trip this weekend. I like thunderstorms when I'm in the house but not when camping Smiley. Glad you all made it home safely.

I'm so close to being done with all my stuff - I just have to put the finishing touches on everything. I was planning on wrapping up this weekend but I found tee shirts on sale for $1.50 and rediscovered freezer paper stenciling. The first time I tried it I sucked and didn't have any fun. This time around I got a little obsessed (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=315616.msg3633187#msg3633187). Anyhooo - I got distracted with new crafts so I didn't finish Sad.

I'm really excited to see all of the different places where you all camp and the different styles you come up with for your cards!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fritos Chili Pie Casserole Recipe
Pan-Seared Garlic Filet Mignon Recipe
Memorial Day Onion Burgers Recipe
Philly Beef Torpedo Sandwich Recipe
Super Submarine Sandwich Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...