A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Campers Swap Round 2 Sign up 1 July - 10 July , Sendout 31 Aug  (Read 17447 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2009 02:13:24 PM »

Back from a weekend camping trip that wasn't really camping. DH bought the shower/portapotty stall tent thing. DS#2 has autism and it makes life drier at night. Between that, the camper itself and the refrigerator in the fort/blockhouse that is on the farm my brother's in-laws own certainly made it not really camping!!!
That and being able to set off fireworks - kept everyone entertained!!!

Finished one small item before we left on Fri!!! (it really is a small item!)

Sounds like a fun trip, Selkie! Sometimes it's so nice to have some amenities when "roughing it" Smiley.

We're just getting back from my parent's house. They were out of town for the weekend so we headed over there to pet-sit. We had our 4 dogs plus their 4 dogs. We were totally outnumbered.

The long drive there and back gave me a chance to plan out everything I'm doing for the swap. My Fiance is so wonderul, creative and patient. He helped me a great deal and didn't complain about the fact that our conversations were centered around crafting all weekend:). I did let him go off about the new motorcycle he wants so maybe we're even.

It's a rainy day here so we're just putting a movie in. It's a foreign flick with subtitles so I'm opting to work on the knitting portion of my swap so I'll actually be able to read what's going on in the film! I started the project yesterday but decided I want to use bigger needles so I'm about to rip out the few inches of progress I made so far. Oh well! Sometimes if feels kinda good to tear out knitting Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MaggieMo
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2009 08:01:29 AM »

WOOT! Im glad I got you too merathann! Im off to stalk you now - had a busy social weekend. I have a great idea for my camp site card thingie, I think I may whip out my prisma colors for this one, its been soooo long

anyways, so we are going to send our camp site card to everyone in the swap right?

off to stalk  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"But I don't want to go among mad people." said Alice. "Oh, you cant help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here."
mommys little badass

A life lived for others is a life worthwhile.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2009 08:08:15 AM »

anyways, so we are going to send our camp site card to everyone in the swap right?

Oh yeah...will we be sent addresses? Eeps...I should start those today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2009 08:09:36 AM »

We will send the addresses....

Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

Sewing feral faerie creature TEXTURE YUM

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2009 08:10:49 AM »

yep i will send them later on today is everyone still up for doing this??? If i could have everyone confirm this so we all can join or at least everyone who wants too...
 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watch out for toadstool rings!
www.wists.com/woodland_faerie
I love personal swaps we can do one with faerie clothing just ask! I've got a vintage fabric for trade
MaggieMo
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2009 08:23:16 AM »

I definitely want to! I just absolutely LOVE the idea of getting a little camp site card from everyone, it makes it that much more special  Wink

I already know what I will make for my first item, going to Joannes at lunch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"But I don't want to go among mad people." said Alice. "Oh, you cant help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here."
Alexus1325
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2009 08:24:07 AM »

I've got mine more or less planned out, so yes, I'm in on the camp cards Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2009 10:41:01 AM »

Yep! I've got my camp card planned out. I just need to make a trip to the PaperZone Smiley.

They should be 4x6 right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2009 11:03:14 AM »

Yep! I've got my camp card planned out. I just need to make a trip to the PaperZone Smiley.

They should be 4x6 right?

YES!
I was planning on making more than 1 card for my favorite spot - I might do a second one as well!

You could craft a book for your partner - check and see if that works for them as well!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2009 01:27:39 PM »

I can also do the camp card. I am sure some idea will pop.  I had to run some errands today and I found two extras to include in my partners package.  The main thing is planned out and bought just need to start crafting. It has been really weird with my last few swaps things just come together so easy. This is going to happen again on this one.  I received a craft catalog in the mail today.  I have never received this catalog before. As I looked thought it I found 2 items that I really need for my partner so After checking all the threads off to place an order.  The type of craft is one I do often, or let me rephrase the media I use often the actual way it is put together, never done it before but that is what swaps are for to learn to do things in a different way.  This is going to be a blast.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Make-Ahead Desserts
How to Make a Banoffee Sundae
Biscuit-Topped Peach Cobbler Recipe
5 Fruit-Based Desserts to Satisfy a Summer Sweet Tooth
Grilled Banana Split Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...