A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My first fused glass pieces!  (Read 7934 times)
Tags for this thread: kiln_formed_glass , fused_glass  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

staticstasy
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2009 11:41:24 AM »

how do you make those??? Wow they are so cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2009 09:35:29 AM »

I am so jealous. I want a kiln really bad, but don't think I can afford one anytime in the near future!  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edenkitty
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2009 07:28:35 PM »

for jewelry the babysit time isn't really that bad. I do it while I surf Craftster! Smiley

I also use a small kitchen timer when I want to watch TV or a movie while I fire.. It's really not as complex as you'd think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gavagai
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2009 03:58:32 AM »

Love it! It's always so inspirational to look at other people's glass pieces. Did you use stringers to make the decorations (paper clip, heart et.c.) and if you did, isn't it difficult to bend? Are there pens/paint one can use to draw decorations? Also, do you have any tips on glue and how to dilute it? I am also new to this glass business and have sooo many questions.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
seampoints
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2009 01:03:54 PM »

Holy crap ammasmamma. I can see this being a whole new and exciting chapter in your work. Can't wait to see more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazee_b
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2009 03:33:26 PM »

Wink ;)good job I think they look awesome!  right now I have sooo many projects I dont think I can fit another!!  Oh well it now on my list!  hehehe! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chocolate_Jo

Can I have some fishy crackers?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2009 12:00:42 PM »

the safety pin one = I want...these are awesome!? Great job...and I like the bubbly ones.... ^.^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2009 05:08:41 PM »

Love it! It's always so inspirational to look at other people's glass pieces. Did you use stringers to make the decorations (paper clip, heart et.c.) and if you did, isn't it difficult to bend? Are there pens/paint one can use to draw decorations? Also, do you have any tips on glue and how to dilute it? I am also new to this glass business and have sooo many questions.  Smiley

I missed a whole bunch of comments, they were stringer, the first thing I did was play with stringer, because I had glass before I had the kiln, so I played with the stringer for a few days while waiting for my 1st kiln to arrive. They're very easy to bend, it's just a matter of figuring out how to control HOW they bend, so they stay fairly flat, or at least that's what gives me the most trouble! I used Elmer's and watered it down a little more than half water and the rest glue, not too scientific, I barely ever use glue anymore though.
 There are pens and paints, Glassline pens/paint, and enamel paints, but I haven't ever bought any, or used any, yet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Beef Pho Part 1/2
How to Make Poori Part 2/3
How to Make Poori Part 1/3
How to Make Poori Part 3/3
How to Serve Tempura Shrimp and Vegetables
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...