A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,720
Currently Running With Scissors:
598 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pickle Pops  (Read 4837 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suganspyyce
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009 11:54:21 PM »

Oh, I saw that Good Eats episode where Alton was in Mississippi and found the "koolicles" pickles.  I have lived in MS for 12 years and I have yet to come across them.  I think that may be a little too much for even me!
I had to go change from AL to MS in my post, after you wrote I thought maybe that was Mississippi!  Never went to the store there either tho, lol.  I haven't seen that episode.  I can't remember where I first heard of them.  I have koolaid but no sugar!  Isn't that how it always goes?

How did you make them? Just poor the pickle juice straight from the jar of pickles?
Yep!  I just use some popsicle molds I had laying around. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
suganspyyce
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009 12:00:40 AM »

out here in texas they sell pickle flavored snow cones!

Really?!  I wonder if the stands here (I'm in Arkansas) sell them.  Hmm, you know, this could be jelly belly's next new flavor, lol.

I love pickles & I'm not sure I'd be able to eat one of these. I'm glad your little girl liked them though *blecch* but I won't truly knock it 'till I've tried it!
You know, as a kid I would've looooved these. But as an adult, just thinking about eating one makes me queasy!  Smiley
Oh, it truly has an acquired taste.  There was no way I could eat a whole popsicle and the molds are pretty small.  I just took a little bite and it was sooo sour and salty, moreso than just eating a pickle or even drinking the juice. 
I'll be back with the verdict on the koolickles after I get some sugar.  I just have to do it, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PhreakPhantasia
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009 04:16:42 PM »

They used to sell the frozen pickle juice that came from the huge jar of gigantic pickles at the skating rink here in Southern Middle Tennessee back when I was still in high school about 14-16 years ago.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009 04:18:37 PM by PhreakPhantasia » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009 06:45:48 PM »

how strange........  never heard of pickle pops, and the thought of freezing pickle juice sounds very out there to me.  i will however now go and eat the pickled onioins I just bought, because you reminded me of them....  simply by mentioning pickles...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suganspyyce
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009 06:51:12 PM »

They used to sell the frozen pickle juice that came from the huge jar of gigantic pickles at the skating rink here in Southern Middle Tennessee back when I was still in high school about 14-16 years ago.  Cheesy
Really?!  I remember on Unwrapped that's how the company started selling them.  I don't remember where tho.  I still wonder tho, who in the world thought to freeze it and eat it, lol.  

how strange........  never heard of pickle pops, and the thought of freezing pickle juice sounds very out there to me.  i will however now go and eat the pickled onioins I just bought, because you reminded me of them....  simply by mentioning pickles...
lol, I've never heard of pickled onions either.  What are they brined in?  I'll tell ya what is soo wierd to me tho, pickled eggs.  Furthermore, buying a pickled egg from a jar that has been sitting in a gas station for god knows how long!  I just hope nobody decides to make pickle ice cream...  I'd probably taste it though, lol.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009 02:28:26 PM by suganspyyce » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2009 07:59:21 PM »

Pickled onions are delicious!  let me go get the bottle and see what they are brined in....  Basically water, sugar and vinegar.  they are sweet-ish and have a bit of  bite, because well, they are onions...  and they are little white onions.  Delish!  Also, pickled eggs... not a fan of those either....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sxyskeksis
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009 08:47:51 PM »

My eldest just told me today that she wanted someone to make pickle flavored candy. This is the next best thing and far easier!! Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dopey_44
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2009 09:03:43 PM »

oh my those things in the way lower part of TX are like candy the kids love them and they sell them everwhere in snow cones with cool aid or just out of the jar and into a little cup called pickle shots the kids eat them like wild fire here and cant keep them long they sell very fast oh well i guess you have to be young to like them cuz i tried one and i could not even eat the whole thing and it was small lol oh well i guess its a new fad that might linger for awhile longer lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/dopey44/

http://www.wists.com/dopey_44

love to spoil when i swap Smiley
i also LOVE popcorn mmmm Popcorn
BabyDragon

McGee = Probalicious

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2009 09:24:20 PM »

That sounds awesome  Grin  But now I'm sad cuz I'm out of pickles  Sad 

I Googled Kool Aid pickles and OMG I have to try that.  So pretty! 

PS: Try pickled Brussels sprouts--they're delicious. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hey Griff--Chupathingy!  How 'bout that?" ~~Sarge;Red vs Blue

"I don't participate in shoddy craftsmanship! USE THE STENCIL! DO IT!" ~~Dena;The Guild

Current WIP: Afghan in Homespun's "Gothic" Purple
kat_728
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2009 09:48:37 PM »

OMG! I love pickle pops so much. There is a store down the street from my house that used to sell them for .55 cents and we would buy them all the time. Then all of a sudden she stopped selling them and we've been making them here at home with the Popsicle molds for a couple of months. I remember seeing that episode of Unwrapped and getting all excited.

BTW, I am from south Texas.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 12/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 13/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 10/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 11/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 14/29
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...