A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,111
Currently Running With Scissors:
607 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Not Pink" Onesies & Onesie dress for baby girl  (Read 9545 times)
Tags for this thread: onesie , stencil  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« on: June 27, 2009 02:58:37 PM »

My baby brother and his wife are expecting their first little one in September, a girl they are going to name Arianna.  They live in my home state of NH, while I am far away in KY now, so I don't see them as often as I'd like.  Since I get to go home and see them next week, I whipped up some presents to bring home to them.  A few stenciled onesies, and a onesie dress.  I was inspired by phnxreign99's dresses for Eden , which led me to bellaluna's. onesie dress tutorial.  

Both Joe and his wife have decided that their baby is not to wear pink.  I'm therefore trying to make items that are feminine, without any hint of pink about them.  Hence the emerald green butterfly.  The paint is actually a luminescent fabric paint by Jaquard, that is deep blue, with gold mixed into it, so it come out this shimmering green.  

Detail of the butterfly:

Joe and his oddly hot wife both play a lot of World of Warcraft, so they needed a "Newbie" onesie.  This one I feel guilty of not doing enough to, since it's just fabric pen straight onto the onesie.  Oh well.

Neither of the parents know it yet, because they are not fans, but little Ari is definitely going to grow up to be a Gryffindor.  Hence, red, copper, and gold stars.

Joe and his wife don't know it yet, but I've decided to call little Arianna "Cupcake".  Hence, she gets a cupcake onesie.  I just free handed the cupcake, and cut it out of freezer paper.  Her frosting is blue, to again avoid pink, but still have a "cotton candy" quality to it.  The face is drawn on with fabric pen again.  

Finally I made one of bellaluna's dresses, out of fabric left over from the quilt I made Arianna.  Again, no pink, but definitely for a little girl.  

Now it seems all I want to do is make tiny clothes...  wait till Halloween, this baby is going to be tricked out!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009 02:59:55 PM by jennieingram - Reason: fixing typo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009 07:05:15 PM »

adorable!

I love the butterfly and the dress is darling, but I really laughed out loud when I saw the one that said "newbie" bwahahahahaha - will the parents get the connection I wonder, LOL!

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
Gumption

"Sing an outlaw love song." -Social Distortion

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009 08:14:02 AM »

These are really great!  I love the purple fabric you used on the onesie dress.

You know, I once said that my little baby girl would never wear pink.  Let me just tell you how impossible it is to find clothes that are not pink.  If they're not pink, then they are blue with trucks or footballs on them.  You're going to have to make a TON of clothes if your bro. is really going to stick to his guns and not dress his baby girl in pink!  But good luck!  I wish I had tried a little harder.

_Gumption_
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annieandchiquita
Crafting Addict; no speciality

Darn picture :(

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009 06:25:01 AM »

Gorgeous!! But the WoW inspired one should definately read n00b  Grin From a WoW widow Cheesy
Also, horde or alliance for whichever 'side' they play for, 'level one' (ie. starting level compared to say, level 80 Smiley )... I played before I had my little man  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wifey
Mama
Crafter Cheesy

Currently swapping -
Back to Hogwarts: Sent!

Breathless Waiting for Breaking Dawn: Planning, purchasing and crafting Cheesy Not a minute too late, right? Such a last minute crafter...
erinyay
Kind of cool girl.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009 07:28:16 PM »

Those are really cute! I love LOVE the colors for the butterfly! Great inspiration for our babe to be; we are also trying to stay away from pink overload. (LOL wait til I post her nursery...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my cooky, crafty blog: Home Is Where All Your Stuff Is
K3lly

i heart jellyfish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009 07:39:52 PM »

Those are awesome!!
My friend is having a little girl also ((just found out yesterday!))  I will def be putting that onesie dress tute to use!  I have that same fabric you used for yours!

But I am wondering, though I understand they dont want to be overloaded with pink..... but why stay away from it all together?  Pink is a wonderful color, and it is a girl!  I just don't understand.... its like not putting blue on a boy.... ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in personal swaps!
Proud Air Force Wife, and owned by 2 IGs.  <3
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009 10:25:51 PM »

Those are awesome!!
My friend is having a little girl also ((just found out yesterday!))  I will def be putting that onesie dress tute to use!  I have that same fabric you used for yours!

But I am wondering, though I understand they dont want to be overloaded with pink..... but why stay away from it all together?  Pink is a wonderful color, and it is a girl!  I just don't understand.... its like not putting blue on a boy.... ever!

Well, as I personally hate the color pink, I have no problem with my brother's new rule about his daughter's wardrobe.  I never wore pink as a baby or a child, but did have a lot of lilac purple.  No one ever mistook me for a boy, and I was quite happy.  It is possible to be a girl, and not like pink.  Hehehe...  Also, speaking as a member of a family of redheads, though I never *wanted* to wear it, I would have looked horrid in pink anyways, and little Ari has a whole head full of red hair, I doubt it would flatter her either. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JulieMom
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010 11:16:50 AM »

Those are all sweet!! Love the butterfly one most, though. Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katehblog
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011 11:53:58 AM »

My faves: cupcake, GRYFFINDOR (yeah!!!), newbie

OMG you are so creative! These are precious onesies!!! Baby girl clothes are so much fun... and even more fun and interesting when they aren't pink! Great job. share more when you make some Smiley

---
Sorry for commenting on this!!! I didn't realize it was so old  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011 11:06:50 AM by rackycoo - Reason: to comply with Craftster rules » THIS ROCKS   Logged

------
Kate H

Kids Clothing!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011 07:19:44 AM »

My faves: cupcake, GRYFFINDOR (yeah!!!), newbie

OMG you are so creative! These are precious onesies!!! Baby girl clothes are so much fun... and even more fun and interesting when they aren't pink! Great job. share more when you make some Smiley

---
Sorry for commenting on this!!! I didn't realize it was so old  Embarrassed

It's perfectly okay to comment on older posts.  Lots of stuff gets rediscovered by people that way here on Craftster.  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011 11:07:25 AM by rackycoo - Reason: removed link in quote » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...