A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,792
Currently Running With Scissors:
558 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween costumes...in July? *MANY!!! imgs*  (Read 911 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: June 25, 2009 06:48:46 PM »

I know, I know, it is July. But I have crafted my Halloween costumes for the last few years, and never gotten around to putting them up. So here they are, all at once, oldest first.

Four years ago, I was Little Miss Muffet. Sort of. It was college, so I was actually Little Miss Slutty Muffet.
Along came this spider and sat down beside me:

It is half a foam ball with googly eyes and pipe-cleaner legs, sewed onto my skirt!

The skirt had a tutu, which you can sort of see here:

The picture, btw, is a candid moment in which my heel got stuck in a vent. My "Housewife" roomie and "Nun" best friend were there to help. They were sooo helpful.

And the top was a corset thingy from Hot Topic, but I made and sewed on lace sleeves with a little bow, which you can see here:

I'm not sure what my friend in this picture was supposed to be. Probably drunk mostly.

A few years later, I was a peacock pirate (what do pirates have to do with peacocks? Who cares?!). This is sort of what it looked like, tho this photo was taken later b/c none were taken that Halloween:

My pirate hat, which is 100% decorated by me:

Pirate cuffs, sewn by me out of faux leather and some pretty lace, arrrg:

My pirate spats, sewn by me out of faux leather:

My pirate sword, which was bought plain then bedecked with sea-shell dangly thing, a faux leather grip, and gems:

And my favorite part, the eyepatch:

By the way, I think the reason pirates are so angry is because with a patch, no matter how sweet it is, they have bad depth perception. ARRRRGH!

And finally, last year, I went as Tony Romo, along with my friend who was Jessica Simpson. Our shirts were bought as basic white jerseys, then we ironed on the numbers and stripes:

Oddly, I bought the metallic leggings at a really fashionable store. The clerks said they were a hot item, and I was like, "Umm, I'm going to be a football player." Then I sewed blue and white ribbons down the sides, which you can see if you aren't too distracted by Jessica's huge boobs (we stuffed that bra to the max!):

And, because I was a female Tony Romo with lipgloss and that sort of thing to carry around, I made a football purse:

I even installed a zipper:

Okay kids, thanks for looking! It probably wasn't as fun for you as it was for me, but at least it was fun for somebody! Smiley

It's your mom!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009 08:18:20 PM »

Ha!  A football purse! That is awesome.  Cheesy  I hope you use that more than just Halloween.

And I love the peacock pirate.  Especially the eyepatch.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Felted Fabric Sandwich
How to Create a Memory Map Board
How to Sew a Purse Organizer
How to Make a Patchwork Blanket Design
How to Make Card Paper Flowers
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...