A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,680
Currently Running With Scissors:
447 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween costumes...in July? *MANY!!! imgs*  (Read 795 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jericho
« on: June 25, 2009 06:48:46 PM »

I know, I know, it is July. But I have crafted my Halloween costumes for the last few years, and never gotten around to putting them up. So here they are, all at once, oldest first.

Four years ago, I was Little Miss Muffet. Sort of. It was college, so I was actually Little Miss Slutty Muffet.
Along came this spider and sat down beside me:

It is half a foam ball with googly eyes and pipe-cleaner legs, sewed onto my skirt!

The skirt had a tutu, which you can sort of see here:

The picture, btw, is a candid moment in which my heel got stuck in a vent. My "Housewife" roomie and "Nun" best friend were there to help. They were sooo helpful.

And the top was a corset thingy from Hot Topic, but I made and sewed on lace sleeves with a little bow, which you can see here:

I'm not sure what my friend in this picture was supposed to be. Probably drunk mostly.

A few years later, I was a peacock pirate (what do pirates have to do with peacocks? Who cares?!). This is sort of what it looked like, tho this photo was taken later b/c none were taken that Halloween:

My pirate hat, which is 100% decorated by me:

Pirate cuffs, sewn by me out of faux leather and some pretty lace, arrrg:

My pirate spats, sewn by me out of faux leather:

My pirate sword, which was bought plain then bedecked with sea-shell dangly thing, a faux leather grip, and gems:

And my favorite part, the eyepatch:

By the way, I think the reason pirates are so angry is because with a patch, no matter how sweet it is, they have bad depth perception. ARRRRGH!

And finally, last year, I went as Tony Romo, along with my friend who was Jessica Simpson. Our shirts were bought as basic white jerseys, then we ironed on the numbers and stripes:

Oddly, I bought the metallic leggings at a really fashionable store. The clerks said they were a hot item, and I was like, "Umm, I'm going to be a football player." Then I sewed blue and white ribbons down the sides, which you can see if you aren't too distracted by Jessica's huge boobs (we stuffed that bra to the max!):

And, because I was a female Tony Romo with lipgloss and that sort of thing to carry around, I made a football purse:

I even installed a zipper:

Okay kids, thanks for looking! It probably wasn't as fun for you as it was for me, but at least it was fun for somebody! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's your mom!
FierFlye
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009 08:18:20 PM »

Ha!  A football purse! That is awesome.  Cheesy  I hope you use that more than just Halloween.

And I love the peacock pirate.  Especially the eyepatch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Give Wood an Antique Look
Learn the Basics Of Ikebana
How to Paint Stone
How to Paint Fantasy Miniatures
How to Broomstick Lace Crochet
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...