A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,571
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bead Soup Swap Gallery  (Read 8121 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009 10:13:59 AM »

Hehehehee... I just checked the USPS website, and it says my box from Chibi was delivered this morning!  That means after I get through with 11 hours of travel, it'll be waiting for me at my parents house.  What a wonderful thing to look forward to!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
leopardstripes

The other one has bells on it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009 08:28:28 PM »

GOOD HEAVENS!!!!!!!!!! I have opened the box, from chibi neko and RondaS- this is sooooooooooo much. I was actually in tears! Thank you, chibi neko, and thank you, RondaS. This is all so amazingly lovely, and too darned generous!

The unveiling:

The bags (incredibly stuffed bags!):

In the metals bag- two CUPFULS of lovely little charms, toggles, beads, clasps.....including charms that I've actually been wanting, like the tiny scissors, spoons, wonderful little leaves....*tearing up again*.....*sniff* Thank you! Pic:

The glass- Indian wedding beads, pressed beads of all kinds, darling little red hearts and pink flowers, and these really neat little frosty beads, with swirls in them- they look like Dreamsicles. Pardon this pic, because the sunlight was not working well for me!

Then strings of cute flower beads- I can't recall what the glass technique is called, but it's like millefiori, but single, well-formed, single  flowers in each bead- really cool:

Then, the stones. Oh my lord, the stones! These are absolutely fabulous, you guys......*sniffle*....*HONNNK*.....there's SO MUCH, here. There's even things that I can't identify, which really surprised me! There's agates of several kinds (I'm especially fond of the smokey banded ones, both the teardrop shapes and the rounds), unakite, fluorite, lapis or sodalite, quartzes, jaspers, howlite (I think).....so many, many lovely stones:

Then there are the pouches- and they're just about the best buttercream-icing-on-the-cake that any girl could hope to ever get:

A fantastic rutilated quartz pendant, with golden hair! (It's another natural blonde  Grin )

Garnet and Snow Jade earrings- these are even prettier than the picture!

And finally, the loveliest necklace- I love, love, LOVE this depiction of Quan Yin! She's Snow Jade, on a wonderful corded necklace (adjustable!). I wish that some of the other photos had come out, because I wanted to show you all the detail of the beads, and the cordwork- but apparently, She is shy- only this one shows the beauty of the carving!

I honestly don't know what to say, except THANK YOU! Chibi, Ronda- this was too much, but I accept it, with gratitude and joy. I am humbled. And I hope that your package gives you as much joy as this gift has, for me.

Thank you, swap partners!!  Grin

*sniffle*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I can't seem to stay with one guru long enough to get enlightened." -from the Life and Letters of Tofu Roshi
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009 11:03:30 PM »

What a beautiful package!!!  It's *ALMOST* as awesome as the one I just received from Chibi Neko and RondaS!  Hehehehehe....  As I just got done traveling for 12 hours, I'll take and post pictures in the morning.  Everything is so very beautiful!!!  My parents were drooling too!  THANK YOU CHIBI AND THANK YOU RONDA!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009 12:58:39 AM »

for the sake of clarity - the Quan Yin came with the cord work already attached, but chibi said "why take it off?" when it was so pretty already - who could argue with that logic, LOL!

leopardstripes - if you need stones identified I will send a pm, but sounds like you have a good idea, LOL!

and I am glad you both are happy with your packages  Wink tried to make each a bit individualized  Grin

chibi made the earrings in all the packages and I did the wrapping for her - so this was really a mother/daughter combined effort

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
TracyInNH

Nectar of the gods...

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009 06:38:03 AM »

wow!  thats a box of loot!  I like the black and red earrings, they're pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009 09:13:54 AM »

recieved from wx2dzug today!! the pictures aren't that great, i'll try and take better ones if needed. (the ones of the earrings turned out lovely though!)

and the earrings!::

Thank you! I'm going to go play with beads now.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009 09:14:48 AM by xx_Kellybean » THIS ROCKS   Logged

katcal

Callie the Reindeer!!

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009 02:59:55 PM »

I love the purple earrings  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009 07:02:58 PM »

those earrings have cute spacers in them - I like them too...

wish I could wear earrings...

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009 07:29:13 PM »

holy crow!

that's a lot of beads!

seeing what everyone has got so far makes me want my beads even more!  I can't wait to see what my partners have sent!  I just hope they like what I sent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009 10:55:17 AM »

Ok,  I finally managed to get the HP Photosmart software to work for me.  Wow, is that a NOT-helpful program!  I miss my laptop and my copy of Photoshop a lot...  But a break from the scorching heat of the south is nice.  Anyways, on to the beads!!! 

My package from Chibi Neko and RondaS is amazing!  I only brought home a tiny craft kit to keep me amused here on vacation.  Enough beads and pins to make one cluster bracelet and a few pairs of earrings.  Now I can keep myself amused for WEEKS!  Sadly my pictures don't do the beads the justice that leopardstripes pics do... 

Beautiful Large Glass:

So many colors of Medium Glass:

I love the iradescent quality of the Small Glass:

Red Glass Hearts (some bound for Twilight jewelry) & Pink Flowers:

Tons and tons of Charms!  These included, giant forks (I freakin' LOVE these!), wine goblets, sun, stars, scissors, spiders, flip flops, hearts, baby cups, snowflakes, skulls, unicorns, wolves, cowboy boots, butterflys, spoons, seahorses, dog bones, dragons, arrowheads, keys, lobsters, lions, baseball hats, feathers, fish, teddy bears, buffalo, and coyotes!  There are going to be so many cluster bracelets made!!!  I was already working on a nautical one for my cousin, and now I've got all kinds of fun items to add to hers.  :-)

Some truly beautiful strands of floral beads, and rose quarts hearts:

Pretty little strands of cats eye beads:

Lots of Spacers & Bead Caps:

Findings:

And finally, the most thoughtful and beautiful jewelry presents!  A beautiful nautalus shell fossil, set in silver.  I have to get a better shot of the back of this.  It's so stunning.  A smoky topaz pendant, set in silver, that I'm wearing right now.  :-)  And the cutest little Golden Snitch earrings! 

Chibi Neko and RondaS, thank you both SO MUCH!!!  What an amazing package!  Even my parents who don't craft keep playing with all the little bits and pieces in the box.  :-)  Thankfully I brought home 3 quilts as gifts in my suit case, so on my way back to Kentucky, I have TONS of room for all my beautiful new toys!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jewelry Care Tips - Assessing the Security of Your Jewelry
Jewelry Care Tips - Sorting Your Jewelry Box
Pitfalls when Buying Diamond
What are Diamond Certificates
Understanding the Diamond Carat Size
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...