A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
503 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HELP! I need storage advise!!!  (Read 837 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PetitMer
« on: June 25, 2009 05:48:31 AM »

Hey guys!

I was wondering if any of foxy crafters you have advise for a freaked out beader needing to reorganize.
I currently have all of my beading and jewelry making supplies and equipment in my art studio which I have to shut down within the next few weeks (thanks bloody recession).  I'm moving my whole operation home and don't have a lot of room to put it all.   Huh Huh Huh

In the studio I have shelves with various boxes and organizers sitting on them, but at home it will have to go into a closet.  I've tried the shelves in the closet thing before and have trouble keeping it tidy, SO. I've been looking into some of those multi organizer totes that have straps or wheels, that hold tools and organizing boxes.  Something I could bring out when I'm working, ya know?

Anyone have any experience with things like this?

http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?PN=H202145PK

http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?PN=H201934PK

Or maybe a better idea? I'm good at cleaning up, but I don't have a dedicated space in the house for crafting. It's my kitchen table.  Hopefully I'll be moving into a new studio in the not too distant future, but I need a good solution! AAAARG!!!! Moving and reorganizing is stressful.  Sad

(I hope this is in the right place to post this, so sorry if it's not!!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OmaDJ
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009 11:29:47 AM »

I have all my beads, findings etc. in zip lock baggies inside dollar store shoe boxes stacked in a storage tote which sits in my basement until the urge to create strikes.  Each box is labeled with contents, ie: seed beads, charms.  2 totes do it for me. 1 tote beads, 1 tote findings. hope this helps.

If you decide to go with the type of storage you pictured, check a hardware store for a nuts and bolts storage unit.  Have one with 36 drawers, and cost less than the Firemountain ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009 08:13:51 AM »

We actually had a bit of a discission on this before on this board:

See thread here
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilmackie

must. resist. pretty. colours.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009 06:21:24 PM »

I found this link not too long ago and coincidentally I bought a cart similar to this for more shelving in my closet. I decided to forgo the closet idea and turn into into a jeweler's cart. Best part is that it can be put in a corner and forgotten... Add casters and suddenly it rolls to wherever you want to go. Mine's kinda flimsy so I left it in my room, but if you invest in a sturdier one it'll work out.

http://www.beadingdaily.com/freeprojects/beading_tips/portable_jewelers_chart235-1.html

Also, my dad's an electrician so I've stolen a few of his toolboxes and organizers. Come in handy because their huge, portable, with plenty of space AND dividers. Hardware stores are a must when searching for these kinda things. Especially if you want to save on money  Cool Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Velma
How to Draw Vegeta
How to Draw Vaporeon
How to Draw Tyson Granger
How to Draw Tony Chopper
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...