A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,524
Currently Running With Scissors:
527 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Question for Sellers- Feedback?  (Read 2151 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Teresa_T
Without Cats I'm Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010 05:43:08 PM »

I leave feedback as soon as they have paid as I see this as their end of the transaction being completed. There is nothing else a buyer needs to do.

It irks me when I buy something and the seller waits till I have received and left feedback myself until they leave feedback. I wonder why they are waiting to see what feedback I give before adding theirs. Like they're worried I'll give them bad feedback. It just sits wrong with me.

As a buyer only, I agree with this so much. As a customer, I love the sellers who have enough confidence in their transaction to leave the feedback once I have paid and I always pay immediately. Those are the sellers I'm most likely to return to should I be happy with the transaction. I have never left less than positive feedback. I have left no feedback when I was less than happy.

I bought a wonderful small painting from a seller. Received it. Left her great feedback and never got anything from her. While her painting was wonderful, I would never, never purchase from her again. If a seller does not know how to leave feedback, they should please learn fast before they open their shop.

In summary:

My favorite: Sellers who leave me feedback first.

I'll return to: Sellers who leave me feedback once I have left them feedback. I just don't like it as much.

I'll never buy from again: Sellers who don't leave me feedback ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FictionallyYours
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010 07:15:02 AM »

I've noticed in my Etsy experience, that I get a LOT of one timers. People who come there and sign up for my product and that's it. Frustrating.

But I leave feedback as soon as I ship. It also helps me keep track of who I have shipped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexus1325
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010 10:04:04 PM »

Unfortunately, I haven't bought anything off Etsy yet, but I do have experience with eBay. What pisses me off is that, as a buyer, I have left feedback for the seller as soon as I've received and unpacked the product, but NEVER received feedback from THEM! I'm sorry, but just because you're a "power seller" doesn't mean you can ignore my existence as soon as the package leaves your hands. I NEED feedback as a buyer to improve MY reputation. That's happened four or five times, and I'm getting sick of it, because I don't buy a lot and want my rep to be good.  Considering that I IMMEDIATELY let the seller know if there are any payment issues (which there have been on occasion; thanks PayPal, you useless piece of...), I know I deserve positive or at least neutral feedback, but seriously, NO feedback???

As to the whole "when should a seller leave feedback" question, I prefer to get feedback once I've received the product and confirmed that I'm happy with my widget. It's "ok" if the seller leaves feedback once I've paid, but I'm still left with the impression that they don't care if I'm satisfied with my purchase.

Although, I can understand that leaving feedback can help you to keep track of who has paid, though isn't there a tool in Etsy akin to the one in eBay that shows you categories for your items based on whether they have been paid, shipped, received and feedbacked? If not, there SHOULD be.

So on the whole, if I were to sell on Etsy or eBay or Folksy or Artfire or Dawanda or whatever, I think I'd say something in the email invoice like "Please leave me feedback when you have received your widget. Once I know that you are happy with your widget, I will immediately leave feedback for you to close the transaction."

Even though I only occasionally pop onto this board, let me ask a question: If, as a buyer, you have left feedback but the seller has not, is it "ok" to email the seller and pester for feedback? Conversely, if, as a seller, you FB'd and the buyer hasn't, is ok to email them about it? "Little me" asked something similar...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Camera Work for Internet Videos
Plan and Organize Your Internet Video
The Film Lab: Aspect Ratios
SNTV - Take Me Home Tonight
Our 2011 Oscars Winner Picks
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...