A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,215
Currently Running With Scissors:
695 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Question for Sellers- Feedback?  (Read 2135 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissRachel
« on: June 24, 2009 06:36:13 PM »

I have only purchased on Etsy, not sold, but soon enough I'll take that leap. So here's a question for those who have.

When do you leave feedback? Do you write about your experience with the purchaser as soon as you receive payment, when you send out the item, or when the package is delivered? What's your personal experience? 

I would like to use proper etiquette but I don't know what it is! Everyone likes getting feedback (positive, that is). When do you list others?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009 07:34:28 AM »

In my opinion the transaction isn't complete until the customer receives their package. You can always contact them with a "I hope you received your package by now/if you have any issues with the items, just contact me/I also appreciate customer feedback on my transactions if you've been happy with my products and service/etc." It's not against the rules to communicate with the customer about the transaction.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009 07:43:17 AM »

I leave feedback as soon as they have paid as I see this as their end of the transaction being completed. There is nothing else a buyer needs to do.

It irks me when I buy something and the seller waits till I have received and left feedback myself until they leave feedback. I wonder why they are waiting to see what feedback I give before adding theirs. Like they're worried I'll give them bad feedback. It just sits wrong with me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oneyedsally

Fabric is taking over my house!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009 07:20:13 PM »

I leave feedback as soon as I ship. I do a lot of custom orders that may take a couple weeks and during this time I communicate with the buyer, so often the feedback is based on that.

Doing it this way also helps me keep track of where I am at with my orders. When I log in and see that 5 things need feedback, I know I'm getting behind...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009 07:21:48 PM by oneyedsally » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you like handmade bags and purses, check out my etsy!

http://londonpurple.etsy.com

My blog http://londonpurple.blogspot.com
isadora12000
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009 01:05:12 PM »

I wish more sellers would leave feedback sooner. I just bought 6 items from two vendors and I have paid, they have shipped the item, and I have received the items and left feedback for them... but still no feedback for me. IMO the transaction is complete, hand out some feedback peoples! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Consider what ideas are lost by censorship.
FadingHippie
and God sees a flower...

Ruffles and Pearls... and Anthropologie Delights

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009 06:39:52 PM »

I leave feedback as soon as they have paid as I see this as their end of the transaction being completed. There is nothing else a buyer needs to do.

It irks me when I buy something and the seller waits till I have received and left feedback myself until they leave feedback. I wonder why they are waiting to see what feedback I give before adding theirs. Like they're worried I'll give them bad feedback. It just sits wrong with me.

I wait, because that's how most of the sellers I've dealt with have done it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kornelia
Kanzashi artisan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010 09:40:05 AM »

I think that the best thing is to leave the feedback after receiving the payment. I don't know yet how it really works at Etsy, but when I was buying stuff from Ebay I received feedback soon after paying and it motivated me too to leave the feedback for the seller after receiving the item.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sparkling_gem1987
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010 06:34:44 AM »

I always leave feedback once I've posted the item, just as a way to remind me what date I sent the item. However, I remain in contact with the buyer until they safely receive the item and are satisfied with the product.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

little me
Little Me Crafts

Enjoy Life's Little Pleasures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010 11:10:23 PM »

Isn't there a time limit on feedbacks? I've had several sales (at least 3) with no feedback. I've even reminded my buyers. How do you handle that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sparkling_gem1987
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010 01:52:43 AM »

Isn't there a time limit on feedbacks? I've had several sales (at least 3) with no feedback. I've even reminded my buyers. How do you handle that?

Sometimes buyers don't know how to leave feedback, however there are some who don't know how important it is for us to have feedback. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do besides hoping that the next buyer will leave feedback.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Buttermilk Waffles
Buttermilk-Cheese Waffle Recipe
How to Make a 10 Layer Monster Burger
Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Mastering the Perfect Omelette
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...