A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
402 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Swap a Yard of fabric- July '09 and Sept '09  (Read 16266 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fusbdgt
« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2009 06:26:19 PM »

I'm thinking about taking a road trip to the IKEA they just opened in Charlotte, NC it's prolly 2 1/2-3 hrs from here.  I'm afraid that I'm not gonna find the furniture that I want when I go though..... I need somethings to organize my crafty stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mambosushi
« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2009 07:32:55 PM »

this was with holding my camera about 9-10 inches above the fabric. does this help any? there is no border left on the fabric where i could get information so i am still at a lost. the fabric feels thicker than i would think plain cotton would be. it is also softer on one side than the other. am i just confusing you more?

as for the brown fabric. it feels/looks like velvet on one side, but the other side is dull and seems like cotton.

Thank you for that.  You were very thorough.  Very nice of you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessa_aka_jalapeno

And high in Vitamin C! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2009 07:34:55 PM »

Jessa- you need to take a road trip to Orlando!  There's an Ikea there right near the Mall at Millenia.  Probably about a two hour drive for you...but it'd be so worth it!  Wink

!!
Orlando!
I didn't know there was one down there!!
I think I will have to plan a little road trip. Thanks for letting me know that, I seriously thought Ikea was a northern thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imafundork
« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2009 08:14:11 PM »

I think the Ikea in Orlando has only been there a couple of years and the one in Tampa just opened in May.  Florida has been a little behind, but we're catching up!

Fusbdgt- My entire craft studio (aka second bedroom) in my condo is furnished from Ikea. Onegroovyday and I took a road trip last summer to the one in Ft. Lauderdale. We were there for over 8 hours.  I had everything planned out before we left (looking online and in the catalog), but completely changed my mind once we got there.  Rather than buying the desk I had planned on, I ended up purchasing two work benches and made them into a L shaped desk that's great for sewing- one side has my machine and the other is my cutting/ironing space.  Plus it's counter height so it doesn't kill my back bending over to use the rotary cutter.

Sorry for hijacking this thread with Ikea talk!   Shocked But if your looking for furniture, I'd say have some sort of plan before you go, but be willing to change your mind and devote an entire day to the adventure!  Plus, like MareMare said they have good food.  Wink 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
spectrumsparksie
« Reply #174 on: July 23, 2009 03:07:02 AM »

Hi Girls
I claimed early on in the swap from Klum, cute alien fabric and told myself I would not claim again unless I used what I had claimed. 
As soon as the fabric arrived my ds said "oooh can you make me pyjamas?".  So I ignored my fifty thousand other ufos and made him these.
Thanks for the fabric Klum!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imafundork
« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2009 09:58:51 AM »

spectrumsparksie- Your son is adorable!  And the pjs are super cute too!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Lo{ve}
« Reply #176 on: July 23, 2009 10:14:11 AM »

i feel like i killed the swap  Sad what should i do, try to add more fabric?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imafundork
« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2009 10:28:21 AM »

i feel like i killed the swap  Sad what should i do, try to add more fabric?

If it sits idle for 24 hours you should add a few more fabrics.  Don't worry, yours is not the first to stall...mine has too.  Your dinos are cute, but I'm not sure what I'd do with them!  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
mambosushi
« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2009 11:00:00 AM »

Hi Girls
I claimed early on in the swap from Klum, cute alien fabric and told myself I would not claim again unless I used what I had claimed. 
As soon as the fabric arrived my ds said "oooh can you make me pyjamas?".  So I ignored my fifty thousand other ufos and made him these.
Thanks for the fabric Klum!

I love it.  Did you cut out the applique on the shirt from the fabric?  WOW!  Does this mean you're going to swap some more?  I've been waiting for you (I still want that paisley FQ).  haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lo{ve}
« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2009 02:00:24 PM »

i added two more fabrics. i can add more later if needed but i have to run.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...