A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,060
Currently Running With Scissors:
626 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Swap a Yard of fabric- July '09 and Sept '09  (Read 15932 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

klum78

Actual size shown

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 24, 2009 03:27:17 PM »

I was going to start up this swap again to run for the month of July.  I have received the previous organizer's blessing to start this up again.    I just wanted to give everyone a heads up and possibly answer any questions before the swap starts.  I also want to use this thread as the discussion thread so that we can keep the swap post to lists only.  
  I plan on starting sign ups on the 29th and will post my list first on the 1st.  I will also finish up the swap at the end of the month so that claims will be kept even.  If there is enough interest, I will continue on in August.  
  So what does everyone think?  I am really excited to start up this swap again.  I did a few rounds last year and loved it!  I am such a fabric whore...  Tongue

Previous rounds:
Jan '08: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=221971.0
April '08: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=237285.0
Aug '08: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=260973.0
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009 12:25:03 AM by klum78 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
melmakespretty
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009 12:39:37 AM »

I'd be intersted but I'm still not entirely sure how these swaps work. I think I need more details
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*Come​ and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
imafundork
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009 10:14:02 AM »

I may be interested in joining.  I've never been a part of a "claim" type swap so I'm still trying to grasp the whole concept!  I'd mostly have flannel and upholstery fabric to swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009 01:53:54 PM »

I'd be intersted but I'm still not entirely sure how these swaps work. I think I need more details

Do you mean swaps in general or this specific one?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
Wisty Goodness
imsewblessed1
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009 01:56:29 PM »

I'd love to!  I noticed many of the swaps have rules regarding being a previous swapper, but how can you get started?   Huh  I'm a newbie and love this site!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009 02:55:13 PM »

I'd love to!  I noticed many of the swaps have rules regarding being a previous swapper, but how can you get started?   Huh  I'm a newbie and love this site!

You have to have 3 swaps under your belt to organize but to swap you rarely have to have previous swapping experience.  (Mostly just the really long or involved ones require this.)  You do have to be a member for a month and have 15 posts though before being able to sign up for a swap.  So imsewblessed, you cannot sign up for a swap until after July 24th. 

But to start swapping you need to read the entire sign up post of the swap you are interested in, it has all the details about the swap, and send in your questionnaire to the organizer in a PM. 

Here is more info if you are a newbie swapper:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=6553.0
FAQ of swapping: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=229624.0

After reading these, if you have more questions, I'd be happy to try to help answer them. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty Goodness
melmakespretty
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009 02:58:22 PM »

I mean a "claim" type swap. I will have another read over the past few threads over the weekend and see if I understand better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*Come​ and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
imafundork
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009 03:17:56 PM »

I mean a "claim" type swap. I will have another read over the past few threads over the weekend and see if I understand better.

Sounds like we're in the same boat!  Glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't completely understand this sort of swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009 03:29:31 PM »

A claim type swap can be a bit confusing at first.  In this particular swap, I will be starting off so that I can them finish it up at the end of the month. 
So what I will do is make a post listing my fabrics that are available for claiming.   Melmakespretty, if you saw something that you would like to have you would post after me saying "I claim 1/2 yd of #6 and 1/2yd of #2 from klum78".  You would then post your list for someone else to claim from.  You would send my a PM with a list of what you claimed from me and your address.  I would then ship out your fabrics to you within 7 days of your claim. 
Then, say imafundork claims something from your list.  She would post, "I claim 1yd of  #3".  She would then send a PM to you with her address and a list of what she claimed. 

The biggest things are that you may only claim from the last list posted, and that you cannot go over your "allowed number of claims".  In this case, it is one for a new swapper, three for FOC and two for everyone else.  So, melmakes pretty you can only have two actives claims at once.  If you were to claim from me and then later claim from imafundork, you would not be able to claim again until you ship out and someone receives from you. 

Does this help at all or just make you both more confused?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty Goodness
dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009 07:53:36 PM »

sounds like fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Scrunching Tips
How to Bleach Your Hair
How to Get Kim Kardashian Hair Part 2/2
How to Get Kim Kardashian Hair Part 1/2
How to Get Mad Men Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...