A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
509 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: i couldn't make this up...  (Read 643 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

whimsy10510
« on: June 22, 2009 06:20:05 PM »

i'm attending a theatre conservatory intensive this summer and my teachers are phenomenal. the bag i've been carrying is one i crocheted out of kroger bag yarn and once they figured out that that's what it was they were incredibly excited about the prospect of selling them- remember, these are actors, and that's not a lucrative profession on the whole Smiley. several of them have put in orders for me to make them bags, bless them, and are offering to advertise for me in their hometowns (which are all across the country); they're basically helping to put me through college.

that was the backstory. thanks for sticking with me.

the day after we talked about it, my stage combat teacher (who was especially taken with the idea of making things out of bags) came in with an enormous trash bag of bags for me to use. of course, being the tough, wiry, stuntman type, he doesn't particularly want a purse but has been teasing me about making him a pair of shoes, a wife, a motorcycle, etc. out of kroger bags. so now the dilemma- i desperately want to make him a motorcycle out of kroger bag yarn. it's the power of suggestion, totally the craftster blessing/curse. you've been through this, i feel sure.

all that to ask, do any of you have a pattern or know of one? i see everyone do all this amazing crocheting fried eggs and little animals and god knows what else so i kind of figured, there has to be some sort of motorcycle pattern out there. i'd wing it but really, i'm a knitter. i can crochet, obviously, as i made that first bag, but i'm not secure enough to just go with it. if you could help me i'd appreciate it so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009 06:48:37 AM »

I did a search and can't find anything that is a crocheted motorcycle but I did find something that I can picture as just as good in plastic bags:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=186654.0
I think that would be hilarious to make him a motorcycle jacket out of plastic bags!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moodindigo
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009 05:19:45 PM »

I'm pretty sure this is not what your looking for by it might help you think through how to construct one.

http://whatnottocrochet.wordpress.com/2008/06/24/just-out-of-curiousity/

PS-I have to say a  motorcycle cozy's are not for me Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stop repeat offenders. Don't re-elect them!
whimsy10510
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009 11:09:18 AM »

ROFL! oh, god, thanks for that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Hassle-Free Routine For Getting Rid of Split Ends
3 Summer Hairstyles To Beat The Heat
Quick Tips to Fight Frizzy Hair
Hair How To: The Gatsby Girl Look
How to Style Balayage Highlights
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...