A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,386
Currently Running With Scissors:
761 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas 2009, what are you making?  (Read 38386 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: November 08, 2009 12:50:40 PM »

Ha!  Cat butt ... I love it and I'm sure the guests will appreciate it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlyssaKnits

Formerly Thatkid

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 08, 2009 03:02:58 PM »

My progress! Strikethroughs are finished, bolded things i still need to buy things for.

Dad- Lap Quilt- with lighthouses on it-- Needs Backing
Mom- Lap Quilt with flowers on it. -- Needs backing
Brother #1 (19 yrs.)- lap quilt with surfing fabrics
Brothers 2&3 (twins, 14 yrs)- Baseball lap quilts Finished!
3 friends- Bracelet & earring sets, Stuff from Disneyworld or Sea World, Buying things from Avon.
Nan- Knitted neck warmer
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Changed my username, Formerly Thatkid!
CG_soldier54

I'll be nala if you be my simba. <3

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 08, 2009 06:37:21 PM »

MaxParadise here's the link to the skittle vodka:]
http://mixthatdrink.com/skittles-vodka-tutorial/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grannyt
« Reply #213 on: November 09, 2009 02:05:32 AM »

moxie,  does your step sis crochet or knit? If so I would buy yarn,( you know we all LOVE yarn!,)  needles or hooks ... you could make  quick(with large hook) a really soft scarf   a cowl or small neck warmer
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nadia/hope
« Reply #214 on: November 09, 2009 10:33:31 AM »

Since I've been stuck in the house for a week with the swine flu...I got another idea for presents.  Going to take baskets and add a snout and a curly pink tail.  I'll fill the basket with little packets of kleenex, santizing hand cleaner, individually wrapped wipes, Burt's Bees lip balm, tea, a jar of honey and lemon flavored cough drops.  The topss in some pink footies.....  Those can be for the adults and piggy banks for the kids.  Maybe I'll throw in a bag of pork rinds, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
twistedwhisker1
« Reply #215 on: November 09, 2009 12:13:05 PM »

Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate.

I have a huge family, with three sisters, our spouses, and all our children, so we have agreed to just draw names. 

I usually cheat and put together baskets for the adults that I have to buy for.  I can usually find a basket or two at the thrift store, or I just cut down a card board box so it has a 2in rim and wrap it in Christmas paper.  To the basket, I usually add a bottle of wine &/or liquor, & a DVD ($5 at Walmart)

For the home made stuff....
Chocolate spoons with liquor flavoring.
Pretzels dipped in chocolate.
Chocolate truffles filled with nutella, &/or liquor flavoring.  (I'm Irish, my hubby is Italian we like our booze, lol) Roll Eyes
Mini loaves of some kind. (zucchini, orange cranberry, ect.)
Cookies if I have time to make them, but with all the chocolate I make, i often end up buying cookies.

I usually buy things for the kids, but I always attach a couple chocolate suckers to their gifts. 

I always bring various chocolates as hostess gifts.  I have many molds and I make them in various flavors.  and of course I make many, many truffles.

The most interesting things I have made in the past, were for my best friend.  Last year I made her a feather wreath because i couldn't find one in her colors.  Actually i bought a red feather wreath and then bought some peacock feathers and some solid colored feathers in peacock green & blue and added them to the wreath.  A couple years ago, she told me that her husband was complaining that she always borrowed his tools.  So I went out and bought a hammer, and some needle nose pliers.  I spray painted the metal parts powder pink, wrapped the handles in faux fur, and hot glued rhinestones to them.  Very, very cute!  she loved them!

This year i am making myself a wreath, and I will probably make my kids stockings, but i have no idea what I'm making other people.........besi des of course chocolate!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Save a life, please spay or neuter your pet.
redheadedrowdy
« Reply #216 on: November 09, 2009 06:51:40 PM »

Whew.. haven't been on Craftster in so long but glad to be back.

This year, I am starting late, as usual. I'm trying to be pretty thrifty and mostly crafty as I'm sure most of us are. I need a little help though!

Mom- going to stencil a tote for her (LOVE the 3-packs of canvas totes at Michael's for $8) and a shirt with a nurse-themed pun. Not sure what else to do for her. She just recently lost 37 lbs and is finally at her amazingly awesome goal weight, but I'm not a sewer so can't make any clothes. She likes books, her evil ragdoll cat, arranging flowers, those willow-tree figurines, etc.

Stepdad- He almost always gets a stenciled shirt. I've made him a lot of them and I'm running out of puns! I might also make him a sign for his garage or a new sign for the yard with their last name... not sure what to make it out of.

Dad- So hard to buy/make for, as most Dads are. Stenciled shirt is always good. He likes tennis, yoga, organic food, and has a new dog- a golden retriever. No clue what else to make for him!!
Dad's GF- Really into yoga, has a lot of back pain (maybe I could make one of those rice bags?), really misses the mountains of CO where she went to school, so I was thinking about making a photo collage.

Boyfriend- I am buying and framing his fave horror movie poster (the Wasp Woman), since it's his dream to decorate our future media room with his favorite posters someday, but I'm also going to make him another calendar.. this year's theme is Muscle Cars & Monster Movies (2 of his fave things) He's a sculptor and a 3D modeler.... Last year, he made me an AMAZING sculpture of Albert (Florida Gator mascot, my alma mater) in a football uniform. I need to post it on here. There is no way I can outdo him artistically, but I'd love to make him something awesome.

Brother- He is definitely getting a Phillies NLCS champs shirt (boo, yankees..) but I'm trying to figure out what to make him. He is a photographer/photojournalist and just got engaged. He has approximately 29387297382 photo frames already, thanks to his fiance.

Brother's fiance- She LOVES baking and is AWESOME at it. Thinking about making her an apron- by that I mean buying one and stenciling something on it (as I noted my lack of sewing skills) Might also make her a recipe card box... and a binder to show off photos of some of her best cakes.

Stepsister- She loves the stenciled shirts too so I'll keep 'em coming for her. Same for her hubby.

Boyfriend's mom- Making her a decoupaged seed box, since she loves gardening and "old things", so I'm trying to find the perfect old box. She also loves birds, cats, tea, books (she's a high-school English teacher) and religion. Trying to think of something else to make her.

I think that's about it. I LOVE reading this thread, you are all so unbelievably imaginative and crafty!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shelanie
Moma D

Everything is better with ric-rac.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #217 on: November 09, 2009 07:58:08 PM »

A couple years ago, she told me that her husband was complaining that she always borrowed his tools.  So I went out and bought a hammer, and some needle nose pliers.  I spray painted the metal parts powder pink, wrapped the handles in faux fur, and hot glued rhinestones to them.  Very, very cute!  she loved them!

Genius! I have to make these. What a great idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist

Personal swap friendly!
hehthur
« Reply #218 on: November 10, 2009 01:39:26 PM »

I usually cheat and put together baskets for the adults that I have to buy for.
I am pretty similar to to this. I just moved to Iceland from the States (Cali) a little over a year ago, this will be my second christmas here. I really don't know everyone well enough to be able to handcraft or even buy things that are super personal like I normally enjoy doing, so this year I am taking on an old tradition my mom used to do of the baskets. Everyone always loved them, and this way I can kind of show off to my husband's family with my crafting and cooking skills, removing all my stress. Here is what I will be putting into my baskets (so far):

everything below is handmade
Kahlua (including handpainted holiday bottles. this recipe comes from my mom)
Pumpkin Bread
Snickerdoodles
Chocolate & Peanut butter fudge
Chocolate covered coffee spoons
Apple Butter
chocolates
ornaments

and of course something small and personal for each specific person. Here is a poor quality example of the bottles I have already started on:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafts = love.
leighna
« Reply #219 on: November 10, 2009 08:32:13 PM »

i'm a poor student, so i'm going on a total knitting/crochet spree this year.
mum i'm gonna make a multicoloured hat and scarf.
brother is either gonna get a realllllly long dr who scarf, or a transformers hat.
dad is getting a conservative coloured scarf. he can live with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Thread a Needle More Easily
How to Prevent Sewing a Button on Too Tightly
How to Prevent a Ball of Yarn from Getting Tangled
How to Crochet: Hook Size and Chaining
How to Make Incense
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...