A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
366 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas 2009, what are you making?  (Read 39677 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MaxParadise
« Reply #200 on: November 05, 2009 12:56:11 PM »

I love Christmas and this time of year! It's my absolute favorite holiday. My, somewhat, list so far:

The husband's family:
Okay, so pretty much, his fam have become complete assholes.  We don't like each other and that's completely fine with me. So due to that, my list has come down. I am not spending my time making something for somebody I do not like. I let the husband know that he's in charge of figuring out what to get his sister and mom (usually I do). If he doesn't figure it out well, then, I guess they ain't getting nothing.

His nephew: 2-years-old, about to turn 3 in January. Obviously he did nothing wrong and I love him very much so I still plan on making him a couple things. He loves to play with little cars and trains; he has this beat-up, old wood train that is falling apart so I was going to make him a train out of felt. Started the first part of it today. I also plan to make him a couple of felt cars to go along with it.

My family:
I always buy them at least one thing, but also make them at least one gift too.

My Daddy-o: THEE hardest man to shop for. Even harder to make something for. But this year I finally figured it out! A San Francisco 49er's quilt/blanket. I made one for my brother last year (only with Kansas City Chiefs fabric) and my dad liked it alot, so I figured I'd make him one with his favorite team.

My mom: I was thinking maybe a blanket-quilt also with some really pretty fabrics, but not sure. Last year I crocheted them a throw blanket for their front room so I don't want them to have a billion blankets laying around! I'm think maybe a cookbook...? With all the recipes to dishes that we used to make when we lived there, that she says she misses. Any ideas on what could go along with this? Obvious choice is an apron, but she never wears one. I was also thinking about buying her some of my fave books (White Oleander, The Joy Luck Club just to name a few). Any ideas on what could go along with this? A couple bookmarks for sure.

My bro and sister-in-law: I'm thinking of etching some personalized shot glasses for them. To go along with it, I was thinking some sort of infused vodka?? I've seen it mentioned on here before. I could have sworn someone made different flavors of Skittles infused vodka. Any tips or links on this?? I'm going to have to go scrounging around to see if I can find that original post!

My nephew: 8 -years-old, going to be 9 in January. My mom and I were just talking about how he's getting at that age where it's hard to buy for him. especially since he already has everything he could want! I'm getting him Rockband for his PS3 but I''d also love to make him something but I'm completely stumped. He's super, super, into wrestling (WWE) thanks to my brother. And also all  the other basic boy stuff.

The husband: Fingers crossed that Coheed and Cambria will announce a tour for early next year and I can buy him tickets like I did these past two years!! I'm kinda stumped about what to make for him though. He is a crazy amazing cook...maybe I can make him an apron. A manly one of course! Hmm...probably a couple of stenciled shirts. I wish he got cold so that I could crochet him a scarf or make him a blanket, but he's hot year round. I'll definitely have to keep thinking some more and checking up/reading this thread to see what great ideas you all come up with!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
craftymum1982
« Reply #201 on: November 05, 2009 01:13:42 PM »

All the things I want to make for Christmas - and not much time left!

My List (so far)...

Sister - Stencilled Madonna Tee
Brother In Law - A gym towel plus other things gym/mountain biking related ( not too sure what else yet)
Mum - A reciepe book - I seen one here on Craftster where the recipes are laminated and in pockets inside a book
Dad - an Iphone cushion (maybe, cant think of anything else lol)
Hubby - No idea! He love soccer (fav team is Liverpool) loves his beer or a Beam, and loves watching movies.
Son 1 (7 years) - Zelda shirt, Mario shirt, Triforce necklace, I Spy Bag, Swimming Bag, not sure if anything else yet.
Son 2 (4 years) - Mario Shirt, Bowser shirt, I Spy Bag, Swimming Bag, not sure what else.
Daughter (2 years) - Felt food, Dresses, I Spy Bag, Swimming Bag, Crayon Roll and Colouring Book Bag, maybe some crochet toys.
Mother In Law - Crochet hook roll, and bag for wool etc.
Father in Law - no idea - maybe a hamper or something (he is harder than my husband!)
Nephew and 3 Nieces - I Spy Bags
Brother and Sister in Law - Cushions

I need to make alot of other Christmas things to - stockings for my kids, a tree skirt, christmas decorations, christmas tableware, giftcards - hope I have enough time - finishing my swap today, then will only be doing christmas crafts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY WIST Smiley http://wists.com/craftymum1982
Dr Seuss Swap - 100% Done - just need to pack and send Smiley
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #202 on: November 05, 2009 02:14:15 PM »

Brother 15 (video games, fantasy and sci-fi books, soccer, hockey, the show house, he is a junior lifeguard and loves it): Probably just buy him some seasons of house though any other ideas are welcome.

Check this out cait2424. Old school tetris magnets done in plastic canvas!

I'm thinking about doing some of these as a gift for my gamer DH. Smiley

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=299163.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moxie_Crimefighter
« Reply #203 on: November 06, 2009 12:58:10 PM »

its no where near final, but its a rough idea anyways. Hubby has a MASSIVE family, so were going with small gifts.

The list:
My family-

My Mom-                 a crocheted afghan
My Dad-                  mug with hot chocolate, chocolate spoon.. ect. (i know, kind of       uncreative)
Brother #1(age 17)-  I think I might have to buy something for the brothers
Brother #2(age 15)-  Probably a bought gift
Grandma + Grandpa   a scrapbook of my daughters first year
Uncle-                    mug with hot chocolate, chocolate spoon.. ect.
Aunt-                     potholders, using this cute teapot square tutorial
                                      http://ayumills.blogspot.com/2009/01/downloadable-teapot-pattern.html
Cousin #1(age 16)-  Im not quite sure what to get her yet, I was looking at this
                                     http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-a-unique-tile-picture-for-less-than-3/
Cousin #2(age 21)- I think again Im going for the easy way out with the hot chocolate cup
Cousin #3(age 19)- hot chocolate and mug
Grandma on my dads sideTotally lost, I could use some help. I dont see my dads mom very often so I dont know much about her. Any generic gifts maybe?

Hubbies side:
Stepdad- crocheted hat and scarf
Mom-      Scrapbook of my our daughters first year
Sister#1(age Cool- I think I;m going to put together an art kit for her, and make some hair clips
Stepsister(age 27)- No idea, could use help on this one too. She LOVES kids, and shes very kind hearted. She works at sick kids hospital, and just got engaged
Stepbrother(age25)- I'm going to let Justin figure out a gift for him lol.

His dad- A magic rice bag thingie
Dads gf- Teapot potholders
Brother(age 14)- We bought him sunglasses
Sister #2(age 16)- VERY hard to please, so shell get an Itunes gift card
Sister #3(age 1 year)- Im crocheting her a newsboy hat, and making her hair clips

Hubbys Uncle- Crocheted Scarf
Hubbys Aunt-  Crocheted Scarf

their kids

#1 (age 24)-No idea. Gifting for dudes is hard!
              His wife- Maybe I should do a joint gift for the both of them
              His daughter (age 6)- Hair clips
#2 (age 20)- No Clue yet. I think I want something warm and generic, but Im not sure what she likes. Ill have to get more ideas from justin about what she likes
              Her daughter #1 (age 5)- Hair clips
              Her daughter #2 (age 3)- hair clips
#3 (age 17)- crocheted hat
#4 (age 4)- crocheted hat
#5 (age 1 and a half)- crocheted hat

Hubbies Grandparents- An afghan, and a framed picture of our daughter

Stuff for my daughter (age 1):
Stocking:
Hat
Hair clips
finger puppets
any other ideas?

Bigger presents
Blanket
lunchbag for the babysitters

We didnt do his whole family, because this list in itself is a little crazy. We just did the people who we'll see over christmas
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #204 on: November 06, 2009 04:09:21 PM »

Moxie, have you ever tried making amigurumi? Your daughter might like those. I'm relatively new to crochet and have made a couple. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moxie_Crimefighter
« Reply #205 on: November 06, 2009 09:10:42 PM »

no I've never tried, is it difficult to do? Or do you have any easy patterns you suggest I try? She does love stuffies Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aliasgracie
« Reply #206 on: November 07, 2009 01:55:04 PM »

Oh, and another thing I know I'm lots of this year is chocolate bark.. lots & lots of chocolate bark. I'm sticking with the chocolate and candy cane one, but trying to think of other kinds.. anyone try a different one and liked alot??

I haven't read this whole thread so this could be a repeat... we make almond bark, or you can add skor pieces, chow mein noodles and peanuts...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Common sense is the collection of prejudices
- Albert Einstein

50 things 6/50
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2009 10:41:49 AM »

Im down to just grandma and 6 yards of fleece (and lots of other crafty stuff)... No clue what to make
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2009 12:14:32 PM »

Im down to just grandma and 6 yards of fleece (and lots of other crafty stuff)... No clue what to make

Hmmm, fleece ... a blanket?  Socks/slippers?  Scarf/hat?  All would require a minimum of sewing, I'd think, though you could always embroider something on it (if you embroider) ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote now for the New-To-You Recipe Cooking Challenge!
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2009 12:47:48 PM »

I made her a lap type blanket last year. I was thinking mabey another one for the CAT chair so she can lift it and her guests wont get cat butt
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Prime Lenses Vs. Zoom Lenses
Dan Bracaglia Talks About His Digital Photography Experience
Wedding Photography Techniques
Studio Photography Tips
Beginner Camera Kit
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...