A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,499
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas 2009, what are you making?  (Read 39675 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dancedupapillon
« Reply #190 on: November 03, 2009 10:46:50 AM »

I have most of my list figured out!

Mom: cowl and matching hat (finished), candies

Dad: mittens (finished) and matching tuque, licorice pipes

Brother: balaclava from a WWI knitting pattern, licorice pipes, something else?  He's a millwright's apprentice, 19 years old, and into most macho things.

Sister: hand painted recipe box with personalised recipe cards that I'll design/print out, candies

Boyfriend: Hand holding mitten (finished), sonic screwdriver (I'll need help with this one Tongue), candies, some sort of personal note/letter, other stocking stuffer type items? I'm stuffing the mitten with goodies

Sister's boyfriend: light pens (he's a film-maker/photographer, so I think he'd be amused by these http://www.instructables.com/id/LED-Light-Drawing-Pens-Tools-for-drawing-light-do/)

Brother's girlfriend: Tuque or mittens? Chainmaille earings/bracelet/ornament? She's very sweet, just started working as a medical secretary, is thinking about becoming a nurse eventually, into country music (but I love her anway)

Boyfriend's parents: candied citrus peel (they ate most of the citrus peel I made for my boyfriend last year) other candies, ornament (if I can get my chainmaille stuff from my parent's house)

Room mate: probably tridactyl mittens from knitty

Other close friend:  ceramic painted cereal bowl (she loves cereal and spends a lot of time at my appartment, so she might want to keep it here/bring it with her)

Landlady: candies/candied citrus peel

The candies I think I'll be making are these http://www.intimateweddings.com/blog/diy-wedding-favors-make-your-own-sea-glass-candy/ They look easy and oh, so pretty
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jamais sans mes ciseaux.
Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 03, 2009 05:43:02 PM »

Mmm those candies look delicious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aelwyndaeira
Halloweenie

Crafty Witch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: November 03, 2009 09:50:53 PM »

Starting late!

1) Sister for Christmas (since our b-day is on the 20th): Cool ruffle shirts from here: http://rufflesandstuff.blogspot.com/2009/10/tutorial-2-ruffle-necklace-waffle-shirt.html:   I plan to use the packs of waffle knit shirts from Wally World and getting some waffle knit pants.  I can totally see her wearing them.  Smiley

2) Mom for Christmas: Book clock from here: http://rufflesandstuff.blogspot.com/2009/11/time-for-good-book.html (I'm addicted to that blog).  My mom collects old books, so I thought this would be cool!

3) My bestie: Fingerless mitts from here: http://rufflesandstuff.blogspot.com/2009/10/tutorial-fingerless-glovesfrom-socks.html I plan on doing various ones with lots of different coloured bows and charms.  Smiley

That's it for now.  I plan to pick stuff up tomorrow and Thursday to start.  Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sofee

did you see the stylish kids in the riot?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: November 04, 2009 08:09:02 AM »

i'm really behind due to uni and not having my sewing machine here so hopefully i'll be able to get started soon  Undecided
so i have 2 and a bit weeks till my sewing machine is with me at the seaside to figure out what the hell i'm gunna make everyone!
so far
friends - gingham drawstring bags with their names appliqued on filled with goodies, i want to make them each one of http://mollychicken.blogs.com/my_weblog/2009/02/4th-attempt.html#comments these but a reindeer and i'll attach some ribbon so it can be a tree decoration
best friend - above but i want to make her the milk cartons from the Blur - Coffee and TV video out of felt or something, she loves that video Smiley
neice/nephew (currently unborn - due at the end of the month!) - a crochet kitty hat (my sister looves cats) and a bunny with this tutorial http://kwoozy.blogspot.com/2006/06/tutorial-for-rabbit-and-carrot.html i kinda want to put a jingle bell in it too Smiley

and i'm stuck for everyone else
mum - she's a health freak but works in a health food shop so has everything she could possibly need at her finger tips...she's constantly complaining about some sort of pain so i was thinking microwave heat packs?
dad - no idea! ex mod...into his music of the 60s
sister & boyfriend - they'll be new parents so will probably get alot of presents for the new baby so i want to get them something for THEM i also like my sister way more than her boyfriend, so i'll probably get them a joint present then something seperate for her
my boyfriend - NO clue - i'll probably just buy him something  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: November 04, 2009 09:30:20 AM »

dad - no idea! ex mod...into his music of the 60s

What about the record bowls made out of an old, unusable record?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote now for the New-To-You Recipe Cooking Challenge!
sofee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: November 04, 2009 09:38:36 AM »

oo that's a good idea Smiley although i'd want to use a band he likes...i've looked on ebay but no one appears to sell scratched records :p i've found a few beatles ones for pretty cheap but i'd feel bad destroying something like that
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: November 04, 2009 10:12:59 AM »

oo that's a good idea Smiley although i'd want to use a band he likes...i've looked on ebay but no one appears to sell scratched records :p i've found a few beatles ones for pretty cheap but i'd feel bad destroying something like that

Try secondhand shops in the area?  Or post something on a message board about memorabilia?  Yard sales?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote now for the New-To-You Recipe Cooking Challenge!
jl409
« Reply #197 on: November 04, 2009 08:22:21 PM »

Sofeee- what tute are you using for the drawstring bags?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cait2424
« Reply #198 on: November 04, 2009 09:12:13 PM »

WOW, well I have been creeping on this thread for awhile and am finally adding to it with my list! I have a huge extended family to gift for and as I am at school but going home (the Northwest Territories) for Christmas and my family is split between the NWT and Ontario many of the gifts have to be mail or airline travel friendly, cost effective is important as well as the boy and I just purchased our first home. I also have to wait to start several projects as either I lack the space or the supplies are at home. Bold = complete!

MY FAMILY
Mom(Loves books, our family dog, gardening, sunflowers, Italy, reading and the cottage): I bought her a handmade sunflower platter at this market/craft fair last month but I'd love to make her something as well and am stumped!

Dad(very into computer/techie stuff, loves robots, WW2, big band, jazz, the blues, and classic rock and roll music, loves being outside): My mom and I are going halfers on a new TV, something he really wants but would never ask for or buy for himself! I want to craft him something as well but other then stenciling a robot shirt I am stumped.

Boyfriend(loves hockey, music, birds, mob/gangster movies): We are not buying presents this year because we just bought our first house (yay!) and I'm still finishing my last year of school. He loves when I craft but I am stuck on ideas. I have already crafted him a fleece blanket and am not sure what else, he's so laid back he would love anything I make but I want it to be special!

My Dogs(Barkley and Luna): They are each getting new beds and booties(which I sewed by hand and were a pain in the butt but my puppies feet get pretty cold in -40!) and of course some random treats ( I always make them special cookies for special occasions!

Older Sister(teacher, likes nature, the outdoors, crafting, moose!): Cookie Sheet magnet board, family tree
Roger:

Little Sis 12 (VERY athletic, young for her age, likes jewelry making): Wall letters for her room, wire bracelet, probably new sweat pants with hand painted designs as she lives in them

Brother 15 (video games, fantasy and sci-fi books, soccer, hockey, the show house, he is a junior lifeguard and loves it): Probably just buy him some seasons of house though any other ideas are welcome.

Aunts, Uncles and Grandparents who live across the country are going to receive custom Christmas CD's with some sort of quick and easy ornaments and cards

The Boys Family He has THREE brothers Shocked

BIL #1 & His Lady(a great friend of mine as well): Probably consumable things like chocolate bark, cookies and some banana bread and such, ssome cool beads, some cool scarves. They are trying to live a pretty nomadic lifestyle so any gifts have to be consumable or easily portable!

BIL #2(barely know him? nature boy? has dreads, loves kayaking and camping?) no clue!

BIL # 3 (musician, hockey lover, unique sense of humor appreciates Dr. WHO Star Trek and such): ideas?

Nephew(4yrs): Modded Thomas the Tank Engine Train: I got him a couple of the lesser known engines and repainted them and renamed them in honor of him and his younger brother!

Nephew(1yr): Screen printed hoodie? Stenciled shirt(rock is dead long live paper and scissors, his momma's a craftster)

MIL & FIL: Probably a tote bag filled with baked goodies and homemade Christmas candy, we aren't very close and his dad can be a little well off putting

Close Friends

Friend #1 21yr/guy: Worst case survival kit(he's had a rough year and it will include stuff related to the situations he has gotten into lately) And a screen printed shirt with an inside joke. Probably a book on hockey or beer, maybe a smoke container?

Friend #2 24yr/guy: Something hockey related? he also has interesting "smoking habits" kinda stuck on this one!

Friend # 3 18yr/girl: I converted some ipod speakers I had so they are now housed within lego cubes! She is also getting some Twilight jewelry and an address book with everyones contacts for when she heads to uni next year!

Friend #4 (lives with us, is older, going through a hard divorce, has two daughters, is an electrician, likes beer and hockey? Undecided) Maybe a nice blanket for hockey watching? Or some beer mugs? His year has sucked so I want to do something really nice and don't know what?

His girls:
9( very outgoing, very girly, a fun kid!, sees everything, knows way to much for her age, good sense of humour): Small purse in funky fabric, something for her hair? maybe some lipgloss
11(Not as outgoing as her sisters, mommas girl, pretty girly I think, she doesn't talk so much and I'm normally good with kids!) Same stuff, small bag, lip stuff, some simple jewelry, maybe a cool printed shirt? Anyone have any girls ideas?

Yea we have quite a few people this year! I am also making jars of cookie mix and home made Irish cream, this way if people drop by or have us over, we will be prepared!

Happy crafting and hopefully I can grab some ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sofee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: November 05, 2009 04:46:06 AM »

Sofeee- what tute are you using for the drawstring bags?
well i wasn't going to, i was going to make simple square ones - then i found this which is waay cuter  Grin http://www.things-to-make-and-do.co.uk/fabric-and-sewing/bags/drawstring-bag.html but with the number i'll have to make + the number of assignments i'll probably have to do...i'll probably have to stick with plan A
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Select With the Lasso Tool in Flash CS3
How to Select With the Lasso Tool in Photoshop CS3
How to Select With the Magic Wand Tool in Photoshop CS3
How to Select With the Magnetic Lasso Tool in Photoshop CS3
How to Select With the Polygonal Lasso Tool in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...