A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,623
Currently Running With Scissors:
743 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas 2009, what are you making?  (Read 38717 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: October 27, 2009 03:53:58 PM »

Brother 2: Probably clothes for his bear or something boyish, or spy themed. Aged 9.

Boy cousin: Just a small token of my affection, I don't give him a huge present as my brothers tend to swap "larger" gifts with him. I don't know tho! He likes silly old fashioned practical jokes and spies. We're a very English family haha.

When I saw the spy thing, I immediately thought of a 'Spy Kit' - maybe with a few "disguises" in it and something gadgety (walkie-talkies? pretend cell phone?), binoculars, etc ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 27, 2009 04:27:17 PM »

look up spy freebies on the internet. Theres a spy club you can join for free that sends you some cool goodies every couple months.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
Graciechan
« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2009 08:23:45 AM »

Brother 2: Probably clothes for his bear or something boyish, or spy themed. Aged 9.

Boy cousin: Just a small token of my affection, I don't give him a huge present as my brothers tend to swap "larger" gifts with him. I don't know tho! He likes silly old fashioned practical jokes and spies. We're a very English family haha.

When I saw the spy thing, I immediately thought of a 'Spy Kit' - maybe with a few "disguises" in it and something gadgety (walkie-talkies? pretend cell phone?), binoculars, etc ...
look up spy freebies on the internet. Theres a spy club you can join for free that sends you some cool goodies every couple months.

Thank you very much! Those are great ideas! I may make him a sort of "spy survival kit", but I'll talk to my aunt first and see what she thinks. I LOVE christmas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3
chels82
« Reply #183 on: October 29, 2009 01:30:32 PM »

Stepmom - Branching Out scarf in a moss green
Stepsister - knit purse
BFF - leaf scarf in fall colors
Dad - I'm clueless on this one.  I'm primarily a knitter and jewelry maker so I'm not sure what I have time to make knit-wise for him, I'm not advanced enough for a sweater.  Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: October 29, 2009 02:00:13 PM »

Stepmom - Branching Out scarf in a moss green
Stepsister - knit purse
BFF - leaf scarf in fall colors
Dad - I'm clueless on this one.  I'm primarily a knitter and jewelry maker so I'm not sure what I have time to make knit-wise for him, I'm not advanced enough for a sweater.  Any ideas?

For your dad, what about socks or a hat?  Cufflinks or tie tack? (Not sure how a tie tack would work, honestly)  Does he have any hobbies?  A pillow of some kind?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

annieandchiquita
Crafting Addict; no speciality

Darn picture :(

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 31, 2009 04:04:52 AM »

Ok, gotta get this one all down... Not that long till Christmas, and even less till I'm due to have my little girl... and my little man doesn't help with the making of things!!
Mum - Photos! Bit dodgy, but I'm a super busy Mummy at the moment! One she's been bugging me for years now for - one of my brothers and I, plus some of my lovely kidlets
Dad - black and white shots of the kidlets, to replace the ones he has from last year in the frame we gave him... last year. Also, the same pic as Mum is getting, framed
Brother #1 (19) - No idea, he's hard to work out at the moment. Might make him a felt something... thinking fighting fish, he just got one, so that may work for me... gotta think of something else though!!
Brother #1's GF - Maybe a covered journal-y book thing. She'll be studying for another 6 months after christmas (or plans to) so maybe something related to that too... journal-y thing might work, she's travelling an hour or so each way, which for her is a struggle  Roll Eyes
Brother #2 (17) - Easy, but bought... belt buckle for his collection Cheesy
MIL - Easy peasy, proud grandmother moment again. Black and whites of my little boy and even littler girl <3
My FIL is getting nothing, because its all he deserves.
My SIL #1... is impossible, she's a very proud aunty, so maybe something to do with that... might paint some singlets or something for the kidlets with 'i <3 aunty sis' on them and take some cute photos, get one of my niece and give her one for when our other niece gets back from Ireland, so she has the whole set... maybe even one for the neicey-nephew my other SIL is baking now... Thinking as I type Cheesy  
BIL & SIL#2 - Not sure, but I want to make some cordial for them. They're expecting their 2nd bub, SIL will be 34 weeks or so at christmas, might see if SIL#1 will go halves in a pregnancy massage voucher for her - pure bliss!!!
Niece #1 (2) - Something bought I think... if I can find time, I'd love to make her a red and white polka dotted dress, maybe even with a matching hair clip... but in reality, I'm running out of time, quickly!
Niece #2 (20 months, living in Ireland, not sure when the whole custody battle will have her back in Aus Sad ) - Impossible to know really whats going on. I'm so stuck as to whether to buy anything or make anything... Wait and see!!
Niecey-Nephew (unborn) - Probably a little body suit or something tiny - they got us something when our bub was unborn at chrissy too (my first obviously lol) and she's due in the middle of February, so it'll be boiling hot here... Oh, might make a bear. Or not, either way lol There's a pattern my Mum just got that seems quick and easy, just sewn... might be the way to go.
Bestie (21) - Well... I'm gonna make her a body scrub, make her a hat (OMG, have you seen the Kitty hat tut by Mystic Cookie  Shocked ) and I have a barbie already for her... she's a little bit obsessed. Hat will be black and purple... totally against what the weather will be like, but eh, her birthday is in October, which for us is Spring, so anything warm I want to make has to be done now. Tough  Tongue

And the dearest fiance.

I have no idea.  Cheesy Ah well, he's relatively easy usually, I'll work that one out as I go Cheesy

Oh, and my little boy isn't getting much made by me this year, a pair of shorties (for over his cloth nappied bum) and a few little things, but we spent a small fortune on toys at a massive sale... so he'll be ok
And my little girl will get all of her new stuff just about, when she's born a few weeks earlier... so not much in my house handmade Sad  
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009 04:12:58 AM by annieandchiquita - Reason: whether the weather is right or whether the wheather is wrong =P » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wifey
Mama
Crafter Cheesy

Currently swapping -
Back to Hogwarts: Sent!

Breathless Waiting for Breaking Dawn: Planning, purchasing and crafting Cheesy Not a minute too late, right? Such a last minute crafter...
Nadia/hope
« Reply #186 on: November 02, 2009 08:32:09 AM »

I posted this on "broke and apathetic" but, I'll post it here, too.  I am doing PIGGY BANKS!  I have 17 presents to get!  So, I am going to hunt down a Dollar Store that sells piggy banks.  With any luck, they will be the glass ones.  I am going to paint them, decorate them...whatever mood strikes me.  I'll put little signs around their neck - Feed the Pig, Christmas 2010 is only 365 days away. Lost and Found, A penny saved....., Start saving now for next year....I'm sure I can figure out more whimsical sayings.  I'll include a roll of pennies for "starter money"....If I can't find glass piggy banks - I'll get the larger plastic ones - they have a spray paint primer for plastic.  I figure I'll have the most fun because I like painting and decorating.  It's a gift that lasts all year long.....and you can see who saved the most!  I have a feeling I'll have a fortune if I save all the coins that wind up on the bottom of the washing machine!  Have a holly jolly all!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #187 on: November 02, 2009 09:09:25 PM »

Here's the list so far and I would love some other ideas. I am trying to make 90% of everything and am doing well on ideas so far

Kids:
My sister: turtle quilt and probably something else
Bf's neice: caterpillar quilt and a toy.. shes 3
Bf's nephew: dinosuar quilt and a kiddy toy.. hes not even 1 yet Finished the quilt http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=325962.0
*was also thinking maybe poppets if I have the time for the kids?*

Parents:
Mom and boyfriend: well both are huge maple leaf fans and I painted my mom a turvot (pot cooler thingy) of an inookshook (spelling?)
for him, either gold or maple leafs but what I don't know
Dad and girlfriend: she likes dogs and he had 2 open heart surgeries and isn't supposed to do much. Worked on cars and likes warm places.
Boyfriend's parents: a wire tree for their gorgeous cabin and maybe a giftbasket with home made goodies
My grandparents: maybe a wire tree as well and something butterfly

Boyfriend's sister and brother-in-law: no idea! Really nice people with 2 young children. He likes airplanes and she likes... spas but I'm too cheap to get her a day at the spa.

Aunt: My aunt loves gardening and angels but I don't know what to do with those themes. I was thinking maybe a bag or something. I would love help here.

*Forgot my boyfriend!! Ok we've been living together for 6 months and spend almost all day together as he's is only job hunting right now. He loves games and has travelled a lot. I want to do something special and wa thinking of the 50 reasons I love you or the ABC's of why I love him but I want to do something else with that and have no idea as he will see it. So help here would be great!*

Mind the spelling mistakes as it's late but that's the list.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009 09:12:05 PM by Ilianora - Reason: forgot to add boyfriend. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Manji
« Reply #188 on: November 03, 2009 07:28:03 AM »

As lame as it may be, I think that I am going to make snuggies for everyone. I tend to make one type of gift, and personalize it to the recipient- screen printing, hats and scarves, etc. Are they actually worth owning?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #189 on: November 03, 2009 10:07:33 AM »

It depends on the person. I personally wouldn't want one I prefer a normal blanket or a quit as does my whole family. Maybe you could bring snuggies up in a conversation and see their reaction?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips on Writing from Philippa Gregory
Melissa Anelli Reveals Her Biggest Pet Peeve
Frank Lipman Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
The Wyrm King Book Trailer
Sherri Browning Erwin Talks About Jane Slayre
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...