A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 312,944
Currently Running With Scissors:
593 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas 2009, what are you making?  (Read 46821 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #160 on: October 14, 2009 01:02:58 PM »

Dad-I am making an over the chair arm tv organizer and some sort of yummy treat that is ok for a diabetic.  I could really use some help with the yummy treat part since all the recipes I make require sugar.  I also need to make him something for his stocking present...any ideas? I decided to buy him a DVD player because he is always borrowing mine.

Step-Mom-decorate some house numbers (you can't tell what house is ours because it has no numbers on the door or porch). I am also going to make her a beaded ornament for her stocking.
I am going to make her a nesting ball since she is a bird lover. 

Older sister-crochet rug made from plastic bags DONE .  I am also making her a beaded ornament.

brother-in-law #1-a range of tasty treats not sure what though...suggestions welcomed. :-)

younger sister #1-cork board jewelry holder (I saw one on here but I don't have the link now...sorry) and earrings for her stocking. Done

younger sister #2- She just got married so I was thinking of making a basket and putting some monogrammed coaster, two mugs that say Mr. & Mrs, and some homemade hot chocolate.  I am also making her a necklace for her stocking present.
Again changed my mind.  I am making her tee-shirt grocery bags.  Both her and her husband are huge college sport fans so I collected different college tee-shirts and made them into grocery bags (I got the idea from Martha Stewart's website).  They turned out GREAT and were super easy and fast to make.  I also made her and her new husband stockings that say Mr. on one and Mrs. on the second...very cute.

brother-in-law #2-again some tasty treats.

younger sister #3-She loves owls so I am making her a owl mobile .  DONE. She will also get a  beaded ornament for her stocking present.
instead she is getting a tee-shirt with an owl on it that says give a hoot don't pollute.

younger sister #4-I am making her a cookie sheet magnetic board for her bedroom door.  I am also making her a bunch of beaded bobby pins for her hair.

Step-Grandma-I need help here.  She has everything that she could possibility want.  I have made her numerous scrapbooks through the years and she is downsizing so going this root again wouldn't work.  I was thinking that maybe something that she can eat would be one good gift but I don't know what because it will need to be sent to Maine and she  is really health conscience, again suggestions welcomed. :-) I decided to donate money in her name because honestly what else can you do for someone who has everything? 

Friends-all of them are getting a set of cards in a box. I again changed my mind.  I have been making a tone of felted ornaments so each friend is going to get a personalized felted ornament.

Godson and Goddaughter-bathtub paints, hooded towel with a rubber ducky. 
and finger paints...they take less time.

I still need some assistance...does anyone have any good recipes for treats that are ok for someone with diabetes? 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009 01:20:34 PM by yzzilnoaj » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #161 on: October 16, 2009 02:41:17 AM »

I thought I was CRAZY for doing this! haha I made my mom's present in August Cheesy So, only some of my gifts are crafted, simply because certain people are really hard to make stuff for Sad So here's my list!

Boyfriend: I bought him a Pixar animation book and I made him a gameboard, kind of a half-a**ed Monopoly. When I made it I realized I didn't know how to play Monopolgy so I just took some ideas from it. I titled it, "Love is the Name of the Game". I'm also starting a new tradition with him where every Christmas I give him an ornament, since I want to try and have all our ornaments handmade. So I'm making him one (I'll post pictures once I finish it!).

Mom: I bought some colorful napkins and embroidered leaves in the bottom right corner. There are about 8 napkins. I also bought some napkin holders. And I'm also making her an ornament.

Dad: There isn't anything handmade, but I got him a deck of cards that are Beatles (the band) themed and a poster of Jimi Hendrix(he's a musician so it seemed super appropriate).

Best friend: Nothing handmade here but I bought her this GORGEOUS tapestry!!! Eventually I'm going to try to make one of my own!!

Best friend's parents: I'm making them an ornament like my mom and boyfriend.

I feel like my list doesn't compare at all to the people on here. Not only with the crafts I'm doing but the amount of people haha If it counts for anything, I'm at college 12 hours away from home haha

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Check out my (very new) blog!
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: October 16, 2009 04:15:33 PM »

Step-Grandma-I need help here.  She has everything that she could possibility want.  I have made her numerous scrapbooks through the years and she is downsizing so going this root again wouldn't work.  I was thinking that maybe something that she can eat would be one good gift but I don't know what because it will need to be sent to Maine and she  is really health conscience, again suggestions welcomed. :-)

Maybe some homemade granola?  It'd send well and can be quite healthy!
« Reply #163 on: October 18, 2009 09:13:24 PM »

Ooooo, I haven't been on here in awhile, or using it like I used too. But man am I ready to craft for Christmas!

Mom: homemade liqueur
Dad: homemade liqueur
Mike(fiance): he doesn't like getting gifts, but he likes what I get him...I've no idea
Brother(20): no idea
Brother(20): no idea
Linda(stepmom): homemade liqueur

Brenda/FMIL: homemade liqueur
Brian/FBIL(19): no idea
John/FBIL(28): no idea
Daneen(fbil's wife 37): no idea
Nicolette/Daneen's Daughter(16): T-shirt scarf
Jonathan/Daneen's Son(10): Recycled sweater Hat

Lauren(22): T-shirt scarf, homemade liqueur
Marisa(23): T-shirt scarf, homemade liqueur
Kelly(24): T-shirt scarf, homemade liqueur
Steve/Kelly's BF(21): homemade liqueur

I'm sure that I'm missing a few people.

I have made fleece blankets for my brothers twice already. I've given Mike a bunch of stenciled tshirts. Mike's brother and his SIL...um...they're both loud, I have no idea what to make them that they'd actually use. She is a bartender, he does mechanic stuff. I'll probably just make them cookies or something. I need another thing each for my mom, dad, Linda and Brenda.

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #164 on: October 19, 2009 02:24:56 AM »

By homemade liqueur, do you mean a flavored brandy or cordial? Smiley
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2009 09:01:59 PM »

grrr its getting close
I need gifts for:
Grandma- she loves boats(but no more art). she cant have candy. I already have a scrapbook but need something to go with it.
mom- A tiny photo book but  I need somthing to go with it. loves military collectables and western stuff and NCIS
tia- A tiny photo book but i need more ( frog lover)
BFF- Has 4 kids (and hates hubby). I started a photo scrapbook but want more (bath basket?)
Her kids:
2- loves everything she shouldnt have
4- loves currious george
9- Loves girly things
10- The only boy

BFF (sam): A totally shoping geek who loves cherries (bath basket?)
Oh and I should come up with somthing for work (bookmarks?) for the 23 women I work with. GASP theres alot of us

Monkey girl
« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2009 09:10:01 PM »

So, here's my altered list ... (Added comments are bolded.)

MOM: Wine glass. Mother/Daughter frame. (Buying LCBO gift car)
    BOUGHT: Mother/Daughter frame.

DAD: Stencilled shirt. (Buying LCBO gift card)
    BOUGHT: Pittsburgh Penguins Shot Glass

ROB & MICHELLE (Brother & His Girlfriend): Stencilled beer mugs.
    I'm not really sure what to get them anymore. They both drink, smoke, like to party. They've got their own place so I guess I could get them stuff for the house. But they've really gotten everything they need. HELP!

PERCY (15yo Brother): Thinks he's a gangster. Likes to party. Have no ideas.
    He's pretty in love with Obama. Maybe something with Obama stenciled on it. He's already got an Obama shirt though. What else would a 15yo kid like that could be stencilled?

RACHEL (13yo Sister): Stencilled tshirt. Maybe a cool photobook.
    The plan is to buy a photo album and make the cover look really cool. Smiley

BRANDON (10yo Brother): He wants Monopoly City, Bakugans and Guitar Hero. I think I may look into getting GH for his PS2 and altering the guitar (painting it, ect)

EMMA (2yo neice): A fairy princess costume. (I might make myself a matching one)
    I also want to buy her a pair of little converse. So I can dress her up just like Aunt Anna. Smiley

DAN (Boyfriend): He's a nerd. Star Wars / Star Trek that sort of thing. He's got his own place. A bit of a stoner. He's trying to quit smoking. We like to cook together. And hes a hockey fan. But I'm clueless of what to get him.
    So, our Christmas plans are we're going to fill a stocking and then have one bigger present under the tree. For his BIG present I'm making him a scrapbook. So far for his stocking I've thought of ... chocolate, a pipe (Stoner  Roll Eyes), a thumb drive, pj pants, smoke case, maybe the new Dan Brown book. Any other ideas?

BRANDON (Best Friend): He's a musician. He plays drums and sax. He's learning piano. And he likes to sing. But I have no idea. I made hime a scrapbook last year but I'm clueless for this year.
    BOUGHT: Travis Barker drum sticks! And Vandoren Alto Reeds. He's requested that I make him a stick bag.

MUSIC TEACHER: An iTunes gift card.
« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2009 05:53:15 AM »

I'm not making huge amounts this year (I say this before I actually think about it... it'll prob be loads!)

I'm making my mom some earrings from brass, just simple small hammered rings on gold earwires.

I'm making my brother a mirror from recycled magazines, in the style of that urban outfitters one that was around. mad loads of work but it should look awesome.

For my sister I've already got her some pretty things from Lush & Paperchase and I'll probably make her some jewellery. something fun in anodized aluminium maybe?

My sister-in-law has everything but she likes silver jewellery so I'll buy some silver wire and make some bangles and link them together with a silver loop and put a little heart charm on it.

Parents in law, aunts, uncles in law etc - My husbands side of the family all like their reusable shopping bags so I plan to make some from oilcloth. I also plan to paint (or maybe glaze in the ceramics studio at uni) terracotta plant pots, and fill the pot with a small bag of soil, a couple of ranunculas bulbs, a handmade ceramic plant label.

Edit - found the flowers! http://www.directbulbs.co.uk/bulbdetail.asp?id=1490 - they seem a bit complicated so I'll plant them a few weeks before christmas and germinate them indoors.

For our friends who don't really need "things" I'm planning little goody bags with homemade bath bombs with glitter / sprinkles etc in them, cupcake candles and a jar of chocolate chip cookie mix. I'm going to bust out my photoshop skills and make pretty labels for the jars.

And finally my husband... we'd decided a few weeks ago not to get each other big christmas presents and just put the money into the Digital SLR fund... and then today's his birthday and he got nearly all the money we need... so now I'm thinking I shall make him some tshirts (he loves t shirts... pretty much all he ever wears) possibly using those inkjet transfer sheets... they look pretty good if you don't leave a load of space on the design.   I'm thinking a yellow one with a frog on it (he likes frogs!) and a couple of green ones... one with a bike on it and one with a birds-on-a-wire type design. Or a pylon... he likes them too. Strange boy!
Oh, and I will finish the socks I started for him last january!!!

Wow that's a lot!!! Sorry for the essay, will let you know how it all goes!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009 05:56:42 AM by SesSpringett » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the bloggity blog at www.astareal.co.uk

Formerly Thatkid

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 20, 2009 06:43:32 PM »

I've changed my list SO many times haha. This is the stuff i actually bought the stuff for, and started making:
Dad- Lap Quilt- with lighthouses on it-
Mom- Lap Quilt with flowers on it.
Brother #1 (19 yrs.)- lap quilt with surfing fabrics finished!
Brothers 2&3 (twins, 14 yrs)- Baseball lap quilts
2 Friends- earrings & bracelet sets
Best friend- A disney-in-a-box type thing, im going to disneyworld so i'll get some stuff there for it too.
Nan- I'm thinking of doing some sort of wall hanging? i was to her apartment the other night and she has everything i made her on display since i was 7, so im sure anything will be okay ahha.

I've finished one quilt, and the actual patch-worky part of the others. Just need to back them.
I'll probably buy mugs and do some chocolate somethings too

Changed my username, Formerly Thatkid!
« Reply #169 on: October 22, 2009 07:34:59 PM »

For my Neighbors I am making corn heating bags. My nieces are getting appliqued tote bags, and my parents are getting a X-mas scrapbook of many past X-mas's and empty pages for the years to come. I haven't decided what to make everybody else.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Wolf Head
How to Draw a Panda
How to Draw a Cute Pig
How to Draw a Penguin
How to Sketch Anime Noses
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family
Meatless Monday: Guava Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...