A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,925
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas 2009, what are you making?  (Read 40990 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

80sgirl
« Reply #150 on: October 04, 2009 03:02:11 PM »

I'm so happy I found this post! Lately I`ve been having such a craving to get started on my Christmas Crafting! Here is my list below (If I have time, I will add more):

Family

Mom – Works in a Day Care (which she is always doing crafts for them). Likes to relax on the couch and watch movies. Already has a cozy blanket (last year's Christmas present from Dad) and a ‘magic’ bag. Doesn't really like ornaments. Trying to watch her weight.

Dad – This is a tough one; he`s so hard to buy for! Enjoys going to the movies, garage sales, auction sales, hunting, antiques and the Blue Collar Comedy. He is not really into music or sports. Works as a carpenter but dreams of owning his own auction company. Maybe something to motivate him to start his business?

Brother – 25 years old. He plays bass in a band, loves to party, allergic to pretty much everything (food wise).  Maybe something for his band?

Friends

Boyfriend – Loves sports (they are his life). He plays baseball, polo, golf, curling, etc. (I have the logo to one of his teams on my computer if that helps?). Likes anything chocolate and peanut butter. We always talk about places we want to go, so maybe something for travel?

Friend 1 – 18 years old. Girly, likes to party, loves anything with a zebra print. Might be going to college next year. I think I might bake something and put together a kit with nail polish, make up, etc. Maybe a zebra make up bag??

Friend 2 – 23 years old. Loves pink, stars, country music, likes to party. She just moved into her boyfriend's house. He owns a farm and she is just getting into baking. No sweets, though, she is on WW. Maybe a gift for the two of them? Or an apron like this but with pink stars:

I promise I have more friends. I will add them later  Cheesy

Roomies

I have 3 and am still getting to know their personalities. I might do a little basket for them with goodies?

Work

Managers – A plate of goodies. Food doesn't last long when they are around!
Coworkers I'm closer to – Maybe a mug with hot chocolate mix, marshmallows and a thing of cookies?

Suggestions welcome  Smiley

Can't wait to see pictures of everyone's final results!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009 03:39:58 PM by 80sgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

*dancing in mansions made of twigs and castles made of sand*
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: October 05, 2009 06:59:42 PM »

Mom – Works in a Day Care (which she is always doing crafts for them). Likes to relax on the couch and watch movies. Already has a cozy blanket (last year's Christmas present from Dad) and a ‘magic’ bag. Doesn't really like ornaments. Trying to watch her weight.

80sgirl - my mom is also trying to watch her weight, so I got a cheap ($1) recipe box from Michaels and am collecting different healthy recipes from friends/family/etc and writing them out.  I'm including some "treat" recipes too because we all deserves treats now and then.  I plan on decorating the box itself with decoupage or something similar.  Also, for your boyfriend, maybe peanut butter cups?  I've got a recipe around here somewhere that I can try to dig up, if you're interested.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
80sgirl
« Reply #152 on: October 05, 2009 10:10:01 PM »

That's a good idea, thanks! I know she would appreciate that. She just told me she was getting bored of eating the same things haha.

If you have the recipe, that would be awesome. I was thinking about putting a little basket together with the different varieties of Reese products and then getting him something else. I remember seeing somewhere on this site someone was going to fill a jar with Reese's pieces and put a note on it that says 'I love you to pieces'. I thought that was clever and might do the same.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*dancing in mansions made of twigs and castles made of sand*
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #153 on: October 06, 2009 09:40:29 AM »

Still a bit up in the air about things, especially as we had to take an unexpected hit to the budget because of expenses for the house renovation.  So far, we are doing stencilled shopping totes, and knit gnomes for some people.  I will have some stencilled t-shirts too for neices and nephews.  I think DH will be making some plant stands for parents.  I have made a nice spicy peach and pepper relish, and will be making peach and cardomom jam, a lavender jelly, a hot pepper jelly, and probably a marmalade for various friends and neighbours (well, marmalade for mom, she loves the stuff).  Probably more supplies for tile pendents too.  I have a few pairs of Bella mittens for neices, SIL, and such.  I really should make my list out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: October 06, 2009 06:02:18 PM »

80sgirl - I've asked my mom for the recipe and will send it on when she gives it to me!

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: October 06, 2009 06:21:17 PM »

This year, I've got more presents than usual to get as I think we're heading up to my grandmother's for Christmas (and thus have to give to everybody!)  This is the first year I'm trying to make a majority of the presents, too.

Mom - angel ornament*, beer bread mix, apron, stocking, heifer donation, recipes box w/recipes, coupon organizer w/ coupons

Gram - angel ornament*, purse organizer, eyeglass case, winter placemats, coupon organizer w/coupons

Gramp - heifer donation, gift card, tie?

Various friends - beer bread mix, apron

Friend #1 - purse/bag, apron

Friend #2 (pregnant with her first baby) - diaper bag/purse?

Uncle (lives in New England, doesn't lack for much, I'm unsure of what to do for him, really) - tie? (from a tute on here, I think)

Uncle's Wife - angel ornament*, purse

Friend's baby girl (1 year on Christmas!)- soft ABC book (I've got the list of A is for ... and just need to get the supplies), quilted ball

Cousin's two year old son - crayon roll w/ tote bag and coloring book, quilted ball

Cousin/Husband - necklace (being made by a friend), tie, angel ornament*

Cousin/Fiance (fiance is a police officer in FL ... no idea if he could really use a tie or not, they're getting married a year from now) - necklace (being made by a friend), tie, angel ornament*

Prairie (mom's dog) - homemade dog biscuits, leash?

Cousin/Girlfriend (just moved in together)- angel ornament*, tie, necklace (being made by a friend)

Uncle #2 - tie

Younger girl cousins - necklaces (being made by a friend)

The * show what I've finished.  Suggestions for the men on my list are greatly appreciated.  Most are Red Sox fans and work in offices, except my Gramp (who's retired) and my cousin's fiance (the cop).  Thoughts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 07, 2009 06:58:47 PM »

I am cleaning my craft room this weekend so I start making christmas gifts.
I decided not to make my little sister an advent calendar this year so here is here revised list (She is my most favorite person to craft for!)

1)Robot Necklace
2)Gingy Ornament http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=284840.msg3226432#msg3226432
3)Dinosaur Stuffie
4)Giant Ugly Doll
5)Tiny memory book http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=292861.0
6)Bubble Magnets. - Disney Characters- Lady and the Tramp, Pongo and Lucky, Dumbo, Lion King. (We love disney)
7)Book pendant
8)Paintings (Set of nine in a pop-art style)
8)Painted Shoes

Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PleasantOne
« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2009 10:41:24 PM »

Ok, ok, I know, already?! But I am so excited for Christmas! 'Christmas in July' must mean something, I always get excited for Christmas this time of year.

Well, I'm running behind... I just got started on making things about a week ago. So far, I don't really have too many things planned out to make for certain people... its more that I'm making lots of little things and then deciding who to give them to Wink

So far, I've made a bunch of tea cup candles, melt and pour soap, handmade note cards, and charm bracelets. I'm planning to make up some wire birds nest pendants and tree of life pendants, too. I'm also making some scarves out of some cool yarn I found at Big Lots... and then I'm trying to finish a throw blanket I've been working on for YEARS for my mom.

I wish I could figure out some things to make for my husband... I'm going to make him a new scarf, but beyond that, I'm lost. He's not very sentimental... he like politics, baseball, military stuff, beer, Star Trek, classic rock music...

I've really enjoyed reading about what everyone else is making! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: October 11, 2009 08:07:30 PM »

I'm keeping it simple this year, just had family move here to North Dakota, so I'm making them scarves, mittens, and afgans to help them adjust.
Everyone else in my family is going to go green with my destash- Patchwork Cloth Napkins
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sueferris
« Reply #159 on: October 14, 2009 09:44:08 AM »

does anyone have a pattern for a christmas wrap for your computer monitor?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Primer Product Review: Laura Mercier Radiance Primer
Beauty Guide: Bohemian Braided Updo
Beauty Guide: Messy Bun Alternative
Beauty Guide: Navy Eyeliner
Beauty Guide: Smudged Eyeshadow
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...