A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
471 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas 2009, what are you making?  (Read 38452 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kwigly
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2009 11:20:13 AM »

Hi!
This is my first post Smiley I'm very poor this year (lol) so I was looking for homemade things to do, and came across Craftster. I have never crafted or sewed or made anything before, so I have alot to learn lol You all will have to excuse my many stupid questions in the future lol Cheesy

This thread has helped me alot with ideas! Here is my list:

My Dad: He is a history buff, especially American Civil War, so he was a toughie. I decided I'm going to paint our Family Coat of Arms on a wall plaque for him Smiley

My Mom: My mom can sew, so she will be helping me ALOT on this list LOL Cheesy I've decided I'm going to make her a new tree skirt, since she had been complaining the past couple years how ours is looking old

My Aunt #1: You know those mailbox wraps? For decorating your mailbox? I was thinking maybe I could make my own out of some vinyl fabric or something (ideas?) and magnetic strips. If not, I really like that family tree idea!

Uncle #1: I was thinking of making a travel organizer? Like taking this jewelry roll idea:
http://www.instructables.com/id/How_to_make_a_Jewellery_Roll/
And adding a hook somehow so he can hang it up. Hes a truck driver, he travels alot

My brother: the pilot, I saw this really cute mobile at Anthropologie (a store) that was made out of paper planes, and the paper planes were made out of maps, I'm going to try to copy that Smiley

Little Cousin #1: 12 years old, She really liked this shirt I was wearing one day, I got it from American Eagle, it has an "E" on the front (my initial hehe) so I'm going to make her one with her initial "L" on it Smiley

Aunt # 2: A necklace - I've already picked out the beads Smiley

Cousin #2: 20 years old, I was thinking of making her a pillow like this: http://www.harrietcarter.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/categoryID/F4B162DE-5F75-473B-A1DA-FE106DAB92D3/productID/228DB6A3-6F12-4E39-92BC-759574AB2944
so any tips on how to make that are greatly appreciated hehe Smiley

Friend #1: That Harry Potter snitch ornament I found on here soooo cute! Cheesy

Uncle #2: Completely at a loss. Hes really outdoorsy, loves to go to his cabin and hunt (booo!) and fish. Some coasters for his cabin maybe?? Like he cares about coasters though LOL

Aunt and Uncle #3: Remote control organizer from here! Awesome thank you thank you! Smiley

Little Cousin #3: 19 years old, studying abroad in Germany this year, so I thought I would make her a tote, maybe Texas-themed? She might think thats corny though haha, so just a pretty tote

Friend #2: Decorate a picture frame

My Neighbor lady: String of tin can lights
http://www.ehow.com/how_3431_make-tin-can.html

Little Cousins: Im putting them all together, cuz theres a lot of them lol I like that glove stuffed animal idea (I think I saw it on here? Haha I have to start bookmarking stuff), and doll clothes for American Doll (found some free patterns! Whoo-hoo!), and I like this:
http://www.purlbee.com/fabric-beach-balls/
Bath paints, You know, just little toys stuff, cuz they are young, so they are easy hehe Smiley

Cousin: That super-awesome styrofoam advent calendar! Its perfect because his birthday is December 2nd, so I can give it to him then, and then he can open the doors every day to find some candy Cheesy

Neighbor lady #2: suet ball bird feeder

Cousins: (husband and wife) a wreath that has both Christmas and Chanukah motifs, cuz he is Jewish and she is Christian Smiley

Other friends: Ok, I have two couples to make for, and I decided on that altering a puzzle thing. Then I thought I would frame it. I thought I would print out tiny pictures of their weddings, kids, etc and each puzzle piece would be a picture. But, then I was watching this video on craftster (down at the bottom) on decoupaging a picture frame, and she said when decoupaging, not to use inkjet paper. What does that mean??? And why not???

Friends: And last but not least, I have a friend that just got married and bought a house, so I would like to give them something for their house. I dont know her all that well, and I know him less, but their apartment was pretty traditional, you know, nicely-decorated not really a theme though They are both from Guatemala  Any ideas??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2009 02:19:46 PM »

My goodness Kwigly! You have quite a long list.  Shocked

Welcome to Craftster and the addiction that it brings. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kwigly
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2009 07:05:18 PM »

haha yeah!... I'm so excited Cheesy

Thank you very much!

I have already spent most of the day on here! lol After looking at the Dollar Store Challenge thread, I went over to Dollar Tree to see what I could find, and I got an idea for my Guatemalan friends!  Working on it now...just taking a break while the paint dries hehe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tallyboo
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2009 08:31:39 PM »

So far I have started making ornaments. It's only September and I'm already procrastinating! I have all the materials for all 3 of my nieces' gifts (2 sets of tutus and wands and some baby toys), and the materials for my aunt's bag and I sit here gluing buttons to balls haha. Oh well, at least I'm getting something done! I want to get the bag and the girls' things done this weekend hopefully.

I was just going to say I'd post pics when they were done but I have to wait a few weeks because I am getting a new camera but I sold my old one to my aunt and I dropped it off yesterday so now I'm camera-less and going CRAZY!!!!!

Soon I will have my lovely new Nikon D60 though and then all will be good in the world.

Hope everyone is working like busy little elves!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

A TRUE LOVE Story Never Ends

« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2009 05:05:11 AM »

Hope everyone is working like busy little elves!

this monday coming up:

I will be finishing all etched glasses sets. 3.00 for a set of 4 is a cheap gift if you ask me; especially for the hard-to-buy for men!! I will knock like 6 people off of my list + a set for marcus. 7 sets of glasses for only 21 dollars [I already have etching cream lol]. not bad. Plus I will help my cousin knock off her etched glasses [4 glasses total], body mirror for her niece etched with her name, a stenciled shirt for her bf, and sports themed flower pot(s) for her bf. & I will finish all of the backpacks on my list [4 of them] Super excited.

on another note. that family tree [couples geneology tree].I have that. When I looked at the picture, I'm like I paid more for it & didnt even get "picture frames" how lame. lol BUT, I didn't really PAY for it so its ok. Marcus used his points from his hotel-stays with work to get it for me. I COULD have made it, but I just loved it too much & didnt want to mess it up. Funny thing, I got it like last year or the year before & have not even put one single leaf on the tree or anything. its still in the box. Sad Actually, it is mainly because we dont talk to his family too much. only see them at christmas....so I personally do not know that hardly at all & feel weird calling his mom about family tree stuff. & he wont, so the tree sits in the box. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG
MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade & Cas
*Will swap for Dinosaurs*
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2009 01:28:19 PM »

just finished!

Husband - I'm making a remote control organizer to hang over the edge of his recliner. I might make it roomy enough so his game controllers will fit as well.

Both of my kids will get new hats in their stockings this year. I made my first crochet hat last week and they both went bananas over it. My son's will be his favorite shade of blue (needs some trim, dunno what yet) and my daughter's is going to be pink with white furry thread trim.

Son (almost 9) - I'm making him a set of the Mario figures. I made the Mushroom using the soda pop pin cushion pattern and he went bananas. I now have to decide which characters to make. I've already made the green mushroom, red 'shroom and a goomba. Maybe a Koopa, dunno... New addition! - with hopes my first arigarumi critter!

Daughter (almost 4) - dress up purse with matching hair pins, faire/princess dress

Mom - crocheted scarf and 3 pairs of earrings

Dad - a lap quilt and something else to be determined

My coworkers - (I'm the dept head at work.) - I'm making felt ornaments for them. Maybe some kind of quick edible goodie...chocolate bark is a serious possibility. Smiley

My kids' teachers - I'm thinking I'll use the rest of my preserves or apple butter for them, but that means I have to fix a double batch so that I'll have some for us. lol

This weekend I will be headed to the fabric store for the fabric for dad's lap quilt and my daughter's fairie/princess dress and making preserves. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009 01:29:17 PM by Troublet » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kwigly
« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2009 02:52:33 PM »

For those making dress up clothes for little girls, Dollar Tree has really cute Fairy Wings right now you could put in with the clothes Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2009 03:40:07 PM »

I'm thinking about going to the Dollar Store to get some goodies for my daughter's dress up box. Wands, shoes, jewelry and the like. *grin*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Willowe
« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2009 04:36:00 PM »

My list isn't too bad this year but at least I have ideas for most everyone. Wink

Older sister- I'm going to dye and spin some funky yarn for her, since she loves to knit
Younger sister- Either a crocheted monster purse or a poppet, depending on whether I can figure out my mom's sewing machine before Christmas Tongue
Mom- She wants a mesh bag to hang her vegetables in, but I might make her a journal too. Not quite sure yet.
Dad- Probably going to stencil him a tie
Grandparents- A crocheted lap blanket
Nana- A stenciled tote bag
Papa- Crocheted socks
Aunt- Either yarn, since she bought me my first drop spindle, or a reusable shopping bag
Friend #1- Bookmarks and a giftcard probably
Friend #2- A cat-ear hat and a felt monster. For her birthday, which is early November, I'm thinking of making her a poppet.
Friend #3- This is the only one I'm really stumped on. We recently broke up but since we're still good friends I want to make him something. He's a gamer, loves WoW, is really into computer stuff- any ideas? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
     -None Smiley

My Etsy
My Pinterest
marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

A TRUE LOVE Story Never Ends

« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2009 06:50:23 AM »

Friend #3- This is the only one I'm really stumped on. We recently broke up but since we're still good friends I want to make him something. He's a gamer, loves WoW, is really into computer stuff- any ideas? Huh

stencil him either a horde symbol or the alliance emblem on a shirt using the freezer paper method [link to tut mentioned before in case you dont know how yet]. Or if he drinks-etch him some shotglasses. or you could crochet him a hat with the horde or alliance symbol on it [if you can], if he likes to write-a journal. Or you could always make him one of the ornaments that has a bunch of computer parts stuck on it--its in the "I NEED KNEW IDEAS for christmas ornaments thread. Make him a giant pillow or beanbag for his gaming. umm...yeah thats all i got right now. lol hope that helped
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG
MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade & Cas
*Will swap for Dinosaurs*
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Twist Hair - Learn how to Individual Twist
Learn how to Twist Hair - Learn how to Flat Twist
Learn how to Twist Hair - Sectioning the Hair for the Twist
Learn how to Twist Hair - Blow Drying Natural Textured Hair
Learn how to Twist Hair - Section and Comb-Out
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...