A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas 2009, what are you making?  (Read 40935 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dshouppe
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2009 12:00:41 PM »

oops, I forgot, I know I want to make the fleece coat that came across the feed wire from Craftster today!  It will be for one of the girls, or maybe one for mom. She gets cold. Hmmmmmmm and maybe just maybe one for me too.
Blessings,
Deanna
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ragdollpirate
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2009 11:32:31 AM »

Okay so I kept changing my mind on several people on my list so I signed up for the Holiday Helpers swap where yes I will still be crafting but, sometimes it is easier to do it for someone you don't know then for someone you know and love so, I am extremely happy about that fact lol. So, now I am no going to be Crafting for one friend my hubby or my SIL. Which are really the hardest for me to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in." ~Veronica Mars
ragdollpiratedesigns.etsy.com
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2009 01:41:48 PM »

I'm in the Holiday Helpers Swap too! Maybe we'll end up crafting for each other's husband because I can't really craft for mine and keep it a secret. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ragdollpirate
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2009 02:18:33 PM »

I'm in the Holiday Helpers Swap too! Maybe we'll end up crafting for each other's husband because I can't really craft for mine and keep it a secret. lol

that would rock! my hubby is so easy to craft for but, he has weird work hours because he is a Repo-man and so he is home most of the time so I can't hide anything from him unless he has to go out of town for a weekend which who knows when that will happen again lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

boutiquepetite
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2009 01:56:58 PM »

Oh well I will have to look for that swap! Smiley Maybe I can get someone to craft for my FIL.  Wouldn't that be nice! 

And I LOVE that fleece jacket that came thru on craftster the other day!  How freaking cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mabels Drawing Table

I follow the motto: "More is More"

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2009 02:05:40 PM »

As a rule I'm not a big gift giver, but I LOVE Christmas and Christmas presents so this is the only time I really go all out!  I make a small, time intensive presents and this year I wanted to make heirloom quality ornaments!  Christmas ornaments are a big thing in my family and I love unwrapping them from the box and reminiscing about all the memories before hanging it on the tree!  

My list:
Mom, Dad, Sister, Boyfriend, 2 Aunties, 1 Uncle, 3 Cousins, 4 Nerd Friends, 3 Girly Friends

OMG, I think I'm behind!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ragdollpirate
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2009 03:27:33 PM »

Oh well I will have to look for that swap! Smiley Maybe I can get someone to craft for my FIL.  Wouldn't that be nice! 

And I LOVE that fleece jacket that came thru on craftster the other day!  How freaking cute!

That would be awesome! When I first saw that post in the swaps I was like boo yah I don't have to craft for them anymore lol.

I changed my mind on a few of the gifts I am doing because I may be having surgery soon. It depends on what the doctor says on Sept 9th.

For all the kids I am doing Bathroom paint Sets. I wish I could say I got the idea from the wonderful lady who did the bathroom paint set for the dollar store challenge but alas I didn't. I got the idea from finding a recipe to make the paint while I was looking for ideas for my SIL who is homeschooling. I will find the link here in a minute to the site but, I got it from family fun's website. I was like dude I used to love my bath paint set my mom made me as a kid and it was so easy (I helped make my stamps). I am going to get cheap sponges and paint brushes and them make little mesh bags for them each one a different color since I have 3 boys in one house and a boy and girl in another.

Also everyone else is just getting an ornament which for my family and my hubby's are almost done. Which means all I will have to do are the crafts for the swap I joined which will make it a lot easier on me lol.

Then if I don't have the surgery or if they wait until after the holidays I can just make goodie baskets or plates for them to have.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

njcraftygal
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2009 07:08:31 AM »

Decided with a late start last year to make everything snowmen. So this year have been digging through what I started last year and am determined to get all snowmen to craft fairs!  I make snowmen night lights in 3 sizes, tree ornaments, and other snowmen decorations as well. I plan to set up a tree with my homemade snowmen tree ornaments and using a paperchain (a thing from the past).  The only thing on the tree which will be store bought is the old fashion tree lights.  My snowmen lamps will be plugged in with different colored bulbs (of course I use the tree light bulbs for these).  I figure snowmen have no religious affiliation so therefore are the universal sale item.  Smiley All designs are my own.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlyssaKnits

Formerly Thatkid

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2009 10:03:02 AM »

i pretty much completely changed my list a couple weeks ago, and am liking these things much more!
heres the new one:

Brother #1 (19 yrs old): quilt in a surf theme
Brother #2 & #3 (14 yrs old): Quilts in baseball theme
Mother: Flowery quilt
Father: Lighthouse/Ocean Quilt
Nan: Wall Hanging, teddy bear theme
Niece (will be 1 year old): fabric blocks, book, poppet, knitted hats. (yes, i love her most hahah)
Best friend is getting bought stuff from when i go to disneyworld.
I'm also making cards & cookies for my aunts/uncles and medical team.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009 10:03:49 AM by thatkid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Changed my username, Formerly Thatkid!
Immaculata
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2009 12:51:47 PM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who starts thinking about Christmas in the middle of the summer. In fact, I usually do my Christmas cards in the summer, because I'm a student and our exams are right after Christmas. I don't really have time to craft in December... Although the courses have started again, I don't have much coursework until Oct so I try to finish up before then.

Where I live we don't make Christmas gifts for each other, but I always make cards for everyone. I don't send out a lot of cards, only to people I really care about, not to acquintances or something. I try to make a personalized card for everyone.

Also, this year by Christmas I might be living in my own apartment!! So I need to get crafting to decorate my home! It still feels so strange to think about it, but this Christmas I need to go decorating my own place...! And just in case this apartment thing won't work out before December, I'll need them next year.

So far I have 5 finished cards, and 2 are nearly finished. I'll also need ornaments for in my Christmas tree for when I move out. I want to do more crafts, but I want finish those before I take up anything else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Checkboard Manicure
How to Fix Lipstick Mishaps
How to Fix Your Foundation
How to Fix Mascara Smudges
How to Do a Kitty Cat Manicure
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...