A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,472
Currently Running With Scissors:
502 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas 2009, what are you making?  (Read 39663 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amc-

Sometimes, I colour outside the lines on purpose.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2009 07:49:34 PM »

I just started making my list tonight. I'm only gifting for people I'm close to this year.

MOM: Wine glass. Mother/Daughter frame. (Buying LCBO gift car)

DAD: Stencilled shirt. (Buying LCBO gift card)

ROB & MICHELLE (Brother & His Girlfriend): Stencilled beer mugs.

PERCY (15yo Brother): Thinks he's a gangster. Likes to party. Have no ideas.

RACHEL (13yo Sister): Stencilled tshirt. Maybe a cool photobook.

EMMA (2yo neice): A fairy princess costume. (I might make myself a matching one Cheesy )

DAN (Boyfriend): He's a nerd. Star Wars / Star Trek that sort of thing. He's got his own place. A bit of a stoner. He's trying to quit smoking. We like to cook together. And hes a hockey fan. But I'm clueless of what to get him.

BRANDON (Best Friend): He's a musician. He plays drums and sax. He's learning piano. And he likes to sing. But I have no idea. I made hime a scrapbook last year but I'm clueless for this year.

SAMMY (Best Friend): She's 18 and doesnt do a lot other than party. Maybe some painted shot glasses?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009 07:59:24 PM by amc- » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm so crafty I make people. Lily-Ann was born February 23, 2012.
Baby #2 is due November 27, 2013.
boutiquepetite
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2009 08:19:07 PM »

My tu-tu's are done!  Woo hoo!  2 more gifts down! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2009 04:24:47 AM »

Paternal G'ma - Grapevine suet bird feeder. She also crochets so, I'm going to print some free patterns off of the internet and put them in a notebook for her.

That is a fantastic idea amc!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2009 04:30:13 AM »

Inspiration hit on what to do for my mom last week! I crocheted her a super soft, teal scarf. (My first big project and OMG, I'm hooked on hooking now! I'll post a pic over in crochet later today.) I'm going to add in a couple pair of fishback earrings and her gift will be done.

I also bought the stuff to start working on my dad's lap quilt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2009 08:06:55 AM »

3yo niece - girly, but not really girly, likes animals

Sister - preparing for her wedding, always wearing something "cute" from the season without being a fashion victim, Japanese teacher

Hey mellybelly, here are some ideas for you...

For your 3 yr old niece, try making some stuff glove animals. You can pick up stretchy gloves at the dollar store and the sewing required for these is not difficult at all. There are plenty of tutes on line for this if you google glove (or sock) animals.

I'm a teacher and I always need storage for my classroom. How about a cool decoupaged storage box. It wouldn't have to be a big one.  You could even do one  If you could find 2 or 3 sheets of Japanese themed scrap booking paper, you could make a really cool box. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fifitinkerbell
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2009 12:56:07 PM »

I'm starting a Christmas craft course on Friday - so excited!! Should get some good ideas there Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2009 01:23:48 PM »

I'm starting a Christmas craft course on Friday - so excited!! Should get some good ideas there Cheesy

What fun! Come back and tell us what you learned. I've always wanted to sign up for a class like that. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
faithgirl
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2009 04:03:45 PM »

DVD's from iMovie
Placemats with pictures on them
Cookies in tins
pillow cases
picture frames decorated from the dollar store
Handmade teddy bears
Christmas game
Video recipe book
Fleace tie blanket
Papermache bowls filled with candy
homemade choclate(white choclate with candy canes in them)
Journals (homemade)

Boxes filled with handwriten letters of my memories with that person
Coupons for free babysitting
Anyway tootles!
VicVic Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mellybelly81
my handmade dream

I'll have that... I might be able to use it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2009 06:14:27 AM »

Hey Troublet

thanks for the tips!

Mel
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2013 - 6/50
13 quilts in 2013 - 0/13
Destash-along

http://pinterest.com/myhandmadedream/

Looking for teal/turquoise/aqua, grey and white (or a combo) fabric for a quilt.

My son loves Peppa Pig's brother George and Raa Raa the noisy lion.
dshouppe
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2009 11:50:25 AM »

Well my list keeps getting bigger and bigger. I just hope I have the energy, and time and money to get everything done.

For White Elephant Christmas at church , I am making 2 sets of the curling ribbon coasters that Jo and Chica put on their blog. I am also making a set for my young adult son and dil. I think the colors being bright wil be cool for them as they do enjoy having people over every now and then.  I also am making them a paper Mache mail sorter out of old cereal boxes and packaging I have. I may cover in pm or just decoupage it with pictures of them throughout the last 8 yrs.  They were h.s sweethearts. A very nice couple.  I also was brain storming last night and decided that all my toliet tubes and paper towel tubes are going to become an accessory hanger. I am going to cover the tubes in magazine pages with decoupage medium, and clear varnish to make them hard, then they can hang their scraves etc thru the holes.  I will post picts if I can.  I also just started a blog so they may get there first.  God just gave me the idea last night as I was trying the fold the magazine pages to make the "garbage can from trash" that I have seen on this and other blogs,  I believe it was greenworks not very sure. I subscribe to so many blogs and I may use their idea, or it inspires me into a whole new direction.  Thank you all for sharing your ideas with us.  Lets see I am making dmil, greeting cards, I am making birthday cards, thinking of you, sympathy, get well, Christmas and some blank for any occasion. I may put in a couple of Anniversary cards but most people she knows are also widowed, so I will have to pray on that.  I have an old stationary box with lid that I will use to hold them and make index cards so to seperate them by category.  I am going to decorate the box with a bunch of old postage stamps I have and hope to find a stamp or die cuts of ink pen and well of ink. But I am really trying to use what I have on hand.  Dear hubby, is getting a mixed media art canvas that portrays his love of the idea of sailing off into the sunset. I have had a lot of fun testing out different techniques.  I also would like to learn to make ties so each of the men in my life would have a special tie. Youngest unmarried son, is going to get his quilt finally! I hope he will still like it. married son is getting a made by me sunglass case for his oakleys.  I have a couple of ideas on how to go about this , but please share if you have an idea. The only request from dil was that it be strong and sturdy so if he sits on it , won't break glasses.  That is what she is getting him for Christmas. DIL, whom I really love, is getting a wrap dress, jewelry to go with and possibly a leather purse if I can fit it in. It may end up being a purse with matching fabric to dress not sure yet.
Son's girlfriend, I am so blessed my boys have great taste in women!, I am going to make her a scrapbook for her to fill as she likes. She loves pictures , posing for them and taking them and uses them to tell a story. She may also get a mixed media canvas, smaller for her dorm room.  I hope to make a scarf for each person. 
Ok that is my list. Tell me what you think ok.  Thank you for sharing this time with me.
Blessings,
Deanna
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Your Hair Into a Modern Knot
How to Style Your Hair in a Topknot
How to Style Short Hair for Men
How to Style Your Hair in a Perfect Ponytail
How to Style Your Hair in a French Twist
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...