A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,144
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas 2009, what are you making?  (Read 40889 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bayliss126
« Reply #240 on: November 18, 2009 03:33:24 PM »

Here are a few pictures of my felt ornaments (I designed and hand-sewed all of them)

Here we have (starting from the left and going clockwise):
-The logo for the Pennysylvania board of Law Examiners (brother just became a lawyer in PA)
-a drum
-piece of sushi
-suitcase
-watercolor palette
-donut

-Canadian flag
-Minature poodle
-White Coat (friend just started med school)
-Boxing glove (says "everlast")
-Appalachian trail logo
-sailboat

Zebra Stuffie from Sock & Glove Book

Felt Ornament of Air Force F-117A Stealth Bomber (Nighthawk) Plane

Wedding Cake- designed to look like my bro & Sis-in-Law's cake, each layer has it's own design
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009 03:48:18 PM by Bayliss126 - Reason: fixing photo links (again) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 18, 2009 04:30:21 PM »

i love the doughnut ornament!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bayliss126
« Reply #242 on: November 18, 2009 09:06:19 PM »

Thanks! I got such a kick out of doing the sprinkles! My best friend and I have a running joke about Dunkin Donuts, so I embroided the joke on the back...She's actually getting a whole mini tree full of ornaments! Shocked)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wanderluster

give a hoot- don't pollute!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: November 18, 2009 10:08:40 PM »

wanderluster, do you sew? if so there are some great ideas for babies, like cloth rings so they can chew on, maybe some bibs or some balls so they can throw you can put stuff in them to make them crinkle or a bell to make a sound. Or maybe put together a little book with family pictures make it out of fabric and vinyl or even just that new fabric that can be printed on and make it into a book.
for the 2 year old-my son loves balls that can be thrown inside, like footballs made out of cloth or yarn, or since you knit (not sure if they have these, I crochet sorry) but maybe colored fish with a fishing pole so he can learn his colors, or some sort of shape thing with felt to learn his shapes? I have boys and they love the rough and tumble stuff so anything that isn't too breakable and can be thrown, I think the block idea would be great. Or a memory game out of either fabric or lids and use stuff he likes as the items to find.
Hope some of that was helpful.

I am a very very beginner sewer but that gave me the idea of a name book out of felt!

Thanks very much for your input on the knitted block idea! My brothers are the same way- someone always gets an action figure or toy car to the head when they're playing. Oooh there's got to be some way to make a bowling set- that would be fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...and what I have seen is beautiful."

http://themargaritaglassishalffull.blogspot.com
lacyjae
« Reply #244 on: November 19, 2009 02:08:03 PM »

Okay, I have a quick gift query for you guys and gals:

I have a number of gifts planned for my boyfriend, but his current obsession is Dragon Age and I'd like to throw something related in the mix. Problem? I've only seen the shortest bit of conversation from the game. (I fear actually watching, because I'm already so behind on school I don't need a game to obsess over lol)... Any thoughts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lacy Jae
"Light, in the absence of eyes, illuminates nothing."
redheadedrowdy
« Reply #245 on: November 19, 2009 10:15:14 PM »

So many great ideas here...
I LOVE those felt ornaments, bayliss. So cute and personalized. The PA Bar logo one is amazing!

Update on my crafting...
I am making those cookie sheet magnet boards (I forget who posted the link, sorry) for my boyfriend's mom and for my brother's fiance.
Also decided to make personalized luggage tags for my immediate family because our Christmas present from the parents is our annual family cruise. Not quite sure how I'm doing it yet..

Does anyone have some cute ideas for pins? My mom likes to wear them to work so I was thinking about making a few different ones (she's a nurse, so maybe something relating to that... she usually only wears them for different holidays)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bayliss126
« Reply #246 on: November 19, 2009 10:37:28 PM »

Thanks Redheaded rowdy...my bro thinks the PA Bar logo is the coolest thing since sliced bread and has been talking about since he took the bar in July...so I can't wait to see his face when he opens this ornament on Christmas morning! Shocked)

I freehanded the embroidery just from looking at the printed logo so it was quite the feat..can't say I'd ever embroidered a horse before-let alone two!

Here's a couple more ornaments:

Top row: Friend's apartment building, Eiffel Tower, State of Florida
Bottom Row: Starbucks cup, Basketball, School Logo

Some more wedding cakes...the black/white one has silver linked hearts on each layer, the top one has two rows of tiny heart embroidered on each layer, and the four layer one had a tiny embroidered version of a willow tree figurine on the top..wish these photographed better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wanderluster

give a hoot- don't pollute!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: November 20, 2009 05:45:34 AM »

Also decided to make personalized luggage tags for my immediate family because our Christmas present from the parents is our annual family cruise. Not quite sure how I'm doing it yet..

Does anyone have some cute ideas for pins? My mom likes to wear them to work so I was thinking about making a few different ones (she's a nurse, so maybe something relating to that... she usually only wears them for different holidays)

For the luggage tags- I once made some from felt and embroidered a design on one side. I wish I had pictures, but I made it like a sandwich- Embroidered felt front, paper with address and name next, layer of something clear like a thin vinyl?, then another layer of felt with a window cut out so it holds it all in there. I also stuck an elastic hair tie in the middle so the tag could be attached to a handle securely.

For pins- Sculpey or some other sort of clay? You can varnish them to seal them and make them look really great. Thrift stores also always have some fun clip on earrings or old broken necklaces you can create into pins!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...and what I have seen is beautiful."

http://themargaritaglassishalffull.blogspot.com
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #248 on: November 22, 2009 11:11:05 AM »

You could use that more industrial, stiffer, thicker felt that can be bought at the fabric store, versus the craft felt - it seems smoother and more durable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
pops

this kittens' nose demands kisses...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #249 on: November 22, 2009 12:48:42 PM »

ok, here's what i'm making/have made...

mum - needlebook of grey/red fabric & felt
dad - zip pouch for insulin needles & book
nana - glasses case and decoupaged frames for my kids school pics

friends - mini soaps, crocheted washcloths, felt brooches

kids teachers - solid perfumes (waiting for supplies!), gingerbread tree ornaments

sisiter in law #1 - crocheted mittens, crochet hook roll
sister in law #2 - felt keyring, knitting needle roll
sister in law #3 - fleece cat ears hat, spatz style wristwarmers, both in hot pink!

that's so far!
will be back with more Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crispy Pork Belly with Sweet Corn Grits Recipe
How to Make Yummy Mummy
Super Bowl Chili Beans and Rice Recipe
Cherry Crunch Dessert Recipe
Butterscotch Sandwich Cookies Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...