A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,550
Currently Running With Scissors:
845 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Once You Pop Swap Round 9- Summer Edition Gallery  (Read 11716 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NiinaMaria

Crafter by accident

View Profile WWW
« on: June 22, 2009 12:48:09 PM »

Checklist

black = still crafting the goodies!
blue = you sent
green = you received (but haven't sent yet)
purple = sent & received
maroon = You've received but are sending late
orange=  sending late with communication
red = late without communication
strikethrough = got feedback
glowing red  = PM organizer immediately

1. NiinaMaria
2. Tero
3. Lady Llanalla
4. CuriousCoffee
5. jca1982
6. isabelchun
7. Sherrie B, UT
8. kevsbabe29
9. shirmung
10. rlynn
11. SAHMama
12. Michela
13. Burgz
14. SheridanLA
15. beccas_song
16. penguinite
17. poprock6903
18. littlebiskit
19. taranehsbazaar
20. flower
21. bronzfrog
Link to the original thread http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=306893.0[/color][/size]
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009 03:23:44 PM by NiinaMaria » THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009 05:42:58 PM »

I received.  Ohmigosh.  I know there's that whole "best for last" thing, but ya'll are outta luck.  Check out "best for first!"

First of all, the box was HEAVY.  I mean, I know we'd agreed on extras, but oof!  (Or should I say uff-da?   Cheesy)  Then I opened it and found this little card, which I of course opened before anything else.  Check out my "Table of Contents!"

Yeah.  And let me also say that even before I opened anything, the box smelled HEAVENLY.

There are a lot of scents that I'm not super partial to.  None of them were in this box.  Everything is wonderful!  
Lookit the little popsicles!  
Plus SIX bars of soap (one is going to my mom, but the rest are totally MINEALLMINEYOUCANTH AVETHEMNO!) plus 2 bath salts (lilac and also spiced chai) and some oatmeal bath!  

Here's a better shot with the actual bars.  They're beautiful too, so it would be a shame not to show them off as well:

And also popsicles for Lily!  (I expected some food, since Lady L organizes a food swap for the kiddos.  You should go check it out, there's some amazing stuff in those swaps!)  Not to mention water balloons, which Lily has been demanding I open since I set them on the table.  Sheesh!

Lily enjoyed them a lot.  (Forgive the disheveled state of... everything in that photo.  LOL)

And here are even more extras!

What?  What's that you say?  Where is the can?  Oh yeah, we haven't even gotten to the Pringles can yet!!!  Nor has the awesomeness come to and end.  Look at this pretty little package:

Mmmmhmmm.  A Pringles can totally sewn into that.  Oh, you want to see the inside?  Look!

Totally cute, right?  And the gorgeous cherry fabric?  But what's that inside?
Beautiful perfect little felt strawberries. And some sort of little fabric roll.

But open THAT and find:
A wonderful picnic set complete with 4 very nice white napkins!

WHEW!  
And for good measure, here's a pic of that same set with some of my own flatware:

Amazing, no?

Thank you so much Niina for running such a great swap, and oh my gosh, Lady L, thank you so much for being such a fantastic partner!  I could not have asked for a more perfect more fun partner!  

Now if you all will excuse me, I'm off to request the rest of this week off so I can feverishly attempt to fill the rest of Lady L's package!  That's a lot to live up to!   Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009 05:43:03 PM by littlebiskit » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
beccas_song
is the craziest song you've ever heard!

Stew anyone?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009 05:49:01 PM »

Oh my goodness! What a great package! A perfect start for our gallery. I LOVE the popsicle soaps! And the toy popsicles are super cute. Lady L, the way you "wrapped" the can is so cool! Oh, and littlebiskit, I have a Lily too! She looks to be about the same age even!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well-behaved women rarely make history. -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
SAHMama
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009 05:52:12 PM »

Wow, that's a huge package (oops! hee hee!)... The can is so creative. I love all the popsicle stuff - so cute. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

isabelchun
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009 06:57:15 PM »

WOW thats a big package indeed!

*runs and goes to craft...*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009 08:23:37 PM »

woah!  that. is. all.  woah. 

okay and awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009 08:25:37 PM »

Ohhhh I LOVE that idea for the pringles can, How cool would it be to make enough of those for back packing? We have picnics in the woods all the time. To have everyone carry their own stuff would save hubby's back a bit. Smiley
Lovin' those soaps !!! And Chi bath salts. Shocked OMG !!! Wow, now I am totally stressed about my can.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
poprock6903
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009 09:23:53 AM »

Everything looks so great! That looks like a lot of excellent work. The picnic can was such a creative idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Llanalla

Half Birthday Cake Face Girl

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009 11:51:42 AM »

I always feel so bad about the soap stuff. It sooooooo easy and I feel like everyone else puts so much more effort into the things they craft. Please don't feel like they are something to live up to. I almost always fill a partners box up with soap things just because they are easy. I feel like such a cheat when I get kudos like this. Whatever you folks make I am sure it will have more time, love and effort than the soap in that box... not that I didn't make the soap with love, cuz I did.

I was hoping it would arrive first though, and I take total pride in that. First time ever too, usually the post office takes forever getting a package I have sent where it needs to go, and even though I am one of the first to ship its never the first to arrive. Also I like to spoil, so it was fun... and we agreed ahead of time.

The "can" is supposed to be a mini picnic basket for snacks at the park with the kiddo. I don't know how insulative it will turn out to be, but maybe a little. I hope t keeps things from getting crushed at least...

I shamelessly agree with littlebiskit that you should all check out (AND JOIN) the play food sweat shop swap though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, so in crafting terms I guess that means I put out... You?
tarzioo
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009 01:40:08 PM »

wow! Great package! Now I am intimidated...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Overview on the Inspire Hair Color Line - Part 2
How to do A Graduated Bob with Shattered Layer - Part 3
How to do A Razor Haircut Technique for Whole Head - Part 2
How to do A Razor Haircut Technique for Whole Head - Part 1
How to Foil Hi-Light with Tint-Back at the Same time - Part 3
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...