A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,747
Currently Running With Scissors:
564 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: Lovely leafy spring bag [Text Only]  (Read 209502 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , purse  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Radioactivepenquin
Cooler than String Cheese

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2006 12:08:36 AM »

I will have to make one of those!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like always, but never like before.

Ravelry account: http://www.ravelry.com/people/RedeemArachne
LoriHatesOkra
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2006 03:41:16 PM »

I'm half way done with one of these... and boy is it a pain!! The handles are what's getting me. Now I just need to finish up the sides of the purse and lining and sew the now completed handles to that. It's not bad for my first try but it's not great either lol  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006 06:51:12 AM by LoriHatesOkra » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LoriHatesOkra
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2006 05:39:07 PM »

Your tut is great but I had problems doing the handles. I tried it in vinyl and didn't have much luck with that either. Do you have any other tips on making the handles?

« Last Edit: November 28, 2006 06:50:32 AM by LoriHatesOkra » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cocainee
« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2006 04:56:32 AM »

oh, it's awesome !!

thanx 4 tut Smiley  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ptf
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2006 05:01:05 PM »

this is wonderful i really love this and the fabric is great
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Http://www.pinkmachine.etsy.com

Support my sewing habit above!
NeedToBead
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2006 04:19:46 AM »

That bag ROCKS! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DangitJess
denimology.com

denimology.com

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2006 09:15:21 PM »

Well this bag is so incredible and well tutuorialed that I made a very similiar looking bag...

But my cam s broken and I will have to post one later.

Just wanted to say how incredibly gorgeous it turned out!

Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

denimology.com

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.

You haven't had enough coffee until you can thread your machine while it's running!
mahkev
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2007 12:19:14 PM »

so i attempted this bag, I gathered instead of pleating, and after I attached the handles I seemed to lose all of that, The square material feels kinda like upholstry a little, but is severe in its unraveling which caused lots of issues for me,  ( tons of threads EVERYWHERE, so annoying)   the lining is some $2 clearance thin hot pink courdoroy (gotta love it) , and the handles are a little thicker black courdoroy.

I figured out the handles after a night of sleep, and pinned the hell out of them to get it to shape.  I ran out of thick interfacing, so for the handles I inserted a cutout of the pattern made from file folders, it worked great, they have a solid feel but still moveable.

Attaching everything together became a problem and my lining got really messed up looking, it looks crazy I tried to fix the lining issues but then it ended up too small for the bag so a majority of the bag isnt reached inside. i think I lost like almost 2 inches from the bottom.  I am pretty sure tomorrow I will rip off the handles and try to reattach, otherwise I wont like it, I have some ideas that might look better.

not sure if it looks even on both sides in the pix but it can be straightened out to look even, I attached each handle individually and then did a larger zig zag stitch back and forth a bunch of times  across the handle seam at the sides, its a good strong hold and looks cool, except I forgot I had the pink in the bobbin so you see the pink on the other side.  Ill deal with  it

I really liked the fabric and I hope I didnt waste it, hopefully I can make this functional, definitely not anywhere near as good and sleek as the original but I think it looks okay in the pictures  only bummed about losing most of the gathering, next time I'll try pleats again, Im just not comfortable with pleats yet.  Tongue

hope you like it, oh and I only broke one needle!!

I used courdory for the handles, so there is some pink fluff stuck to in right now

« Last Edit: February 27, 2007 05:18:28 PM by mahkev » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mahkev
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2007 12:56:52 PM »

last attempt, Im so over it, I completely ripped out the seams and use seam glue to stop the fraying, which I then unknowingly got on the fabric and then burned with the iron, omgosh, I got the lining on a little better but I still dont like it here are some new pix, i think this is out of my league, maybe after some more practice i can give it a new go, with some new fabric, the purse has had it, its retired

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LoreyMae
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2007 08:59:18 AM »

Love it! I thought the handle was wood the first time I saw it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Joseph Maroon Talks About His Research
Kamran Pasha Reveals His Favorite Movie
Susanna Clarke Wishes She Had This Talent
Ian Halperin Talks About Unmasked: The Final Years of Michael Jackson
Charles R. Smith Jr. Talks About My People
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...