A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,466
Currently Running With Scissors:
546 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stargate Swap Gallery  (Read 8039 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RikaHeart
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

" If the world is made of light and darkness..."

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2009 09:49:56 AM »

I'm glad you like it! Sorry for not posting pictures yet. I lost the cord to my Camera to upload the pictures! I'm trying my best to find it and upload it asap!

I thought you would like the pot holders. I was gunna more, but I got tired of handstitching after a while. Yes, those were handstitched Smiley And the Pins were my favorite. I had fun playing with poly clay. I even made some for my Star Trek Swap.. I really don't wanna give it up lmao. Smiley

I saw some of those photos on DA and decided to use them as Daniel's art and used some kind of Coffee dye to make them look old Smiley. I'm a Horrible Artist. lmao
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sinjah
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2009 10:40:29 AM »

I was gunna more, but I got tired of handstitching after a while. Yes, those were handstitched Smiley And the Pins were my favorite. I had fun playing with poly clay. I even made some for my Star Trek Swap.. I really don't wanna give it up lmao. Smiley

I saw some of those photos on DA and decided to use them as Daniel's art and used some kind of Coffee dye to make them look old Smiley. I'm a Horrible Artist. lmao

I never had the patience for handstitching, especially when it comes to tiny details like the chevrons on those potholders! Those graphics are really fitting, and coffee dyeing is so much fun, isn't it? Grin And the polyclay pins are my favorites too, like I said, I am so jealous of them! You did an amazing job, RikaHeart!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap? Yes please! Looking for jersey scraps.
Will craft for yarn.

The crafting blog
The pinterest
The wists
Sofiushka
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2009 10:50:59 AM »

I was pretty amazed at the coffee staining thing. As hard as I try, I can't ever get it right xD And these look so authentically old, it's awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angelcallie
Fabric Addict

It is a truth universally acknowledged . . .

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2009 11:02:41 AM »

Awesome stuff! I love those little glyph pins and the stargate potholders! And those antiqued drawings look so perfectly old!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RockDragon
Slayer of Dragons with Rocking Crafts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2009 12:18:42 PM »

That is an awesome package, the artwork is probably my favorite! Smiley  I have here pictures of my package from Catrinau Smiley

At the top I have a crocheted Go'auld symbiote WOO!  Clockwise from there, an Asgard head paperweight- the detail is crazy, it looks just like an Asgard.  There's an Ori staff weapon that I think I'm going to turn into a kick-a$$ keychain, a stargate mirror WITH a magnet on the back, which means I can put it on a fridge...somewhere Cheesy  And to the far left, a Wormhole X-Treme! mug which rocks way hardcore, and I can't wait to display it in public someplace Grin

The last item is a Go'auld hand device- fear me!  bwahahahaha Cheesy

Thank you Catrinau, my box is way cool!!  I'm going to try to add pictures of what I sent her later this week when my computer's up and running, since she's received but has been very busy and had some internet issues Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angelcallie
Fabric Addict

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2009 03:20:41 PM »

OMG that hand device is too cool!! And I love the Wormhole Xtreme! mug too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RikaHeart
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

" If the world is made of light and darkness..."

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2009 03:25:58 PM »

That Device looks AWesome! Smiley Great Projects! *Goes to find her Plug to her Camera* Now where did I put that... Dang it. I WANNA upload my piccies

I never had the patience for handstitching, especially when it comes to tiny details like the chevrons on those potholders! Those graphics are really fitting, and coffee dyeing is so much fun, isn't it? Grin And the polyclay pins are my favorites too, like I said, I am so jealous of them! You did an amazing job, RikaHeart!!

Thank you.  The pins are my favorite too lol! It was hard to let go lol. Strangely, I have no problem handstitching because Im usually lazy to get to the Sewing machine with the stress I have been since April hasnt eased up yet. Lol!  So I would handstitch instead of using the machine, but with the type of wool it used for the pot warmer/holder, it required handstitching lol. I used to make a bunch of stuffies, small ones by hand when I moved to Texas from Florida. They were Ghost, Blood droplets, Chocolate Chip cookies, Chocolate Droplets, and a strange ugly, mean jean lmao

I was pretty amazed at the coffee staining thing. As hard as I try, I can't ever get it right xD And these look so authentically old, it's awesome.

Lol! Thanks! I didnt think it looked old enough, some people manage to make it look authentically old with rips and burnt marks, except I dont play with fire lmao!

Awesome stuff! I love those little glyph pins and the stargate potholders! And those antiqued drawings look so perfectly old!

Thank you.  I thought they be perfect from Daniels work and McKay isnt the type who uses those.. Hes more into machines  -.-; He creeps me out and I always loved Jack, Tealc, and Daniel as the team lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angelcallie
Fabric Addict

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2009 05:09:46 PM »

Hooray! I just received from my lovely partner and our organizer Sinjah! Now I have to show you all my great stuff!

Here's everything all wrapped up in the pretty silver paper.

The first thing I opened was this:

Fabric coasters that say my real name in Ancient! So cool!

Then I opened these:

Awesome little magnets with the stargate symbols in! These are so cool, I can't wait to but them up on my fridge and spell out random gate addresses!

This soap is awesome. Earth!Soap! She says it was badly done, but it looks perfect to me!

And lastly, my favorite

This journal is amazing! It looks so awesome. I have been needing to get a new travel journal, and what could be better than one with the symbol for "home" on the cover?

Here's a pic of everything together

Thanks so much, Sinjah! I love everything! And thanks for organizing this swap, it's been great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2009 05:17:40 PM »

awesome notebook! I'm wisting it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RockDragon
Slayer of Dragons with Rocking Crafts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2009 07:33:45 PM »

Fantastic box!  I like how you got your name in Ancient (SO cool!) and that journal does rock totally Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What You Can Do with Yoyo Crochet Patterns
Three Zigzag Stitched Crocheted Chevron Patterns
Lining Up Catherine Wheel Stitching
Little Mary Jane Booty Instep Tip
The Basics of Hat Loom Knitting
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...