A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,317
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop


Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Backstage blacks to bowling blouse!  (Read 1152 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+
 
clacksou13
« on: June 21, 2009 11:42:47 AM »

I'm working as a stitcher at a summerstock theatre for the first time this summer, and the group I'm working with is a lot of fun.  One of the ways we decided to blow off some steam after all our hard work was to put together a bowling tournament for all of the tech staff, with costumes and electrics on one team and the set/props/paint crews on another.  Since we're costumers, of course we had to make our own team uniforms!  Most people just bought craft shirts from Walmart and went to town, but I, being too broke to afford a new $5 shirt, decided to completely reconstruct a huge men's black button-down shirt that I usually use when I need to wear blacks backstage during performances.  Here is the finished product:

The requisite full-length mirror shot.

I pretty much ripped out every single seam while re-working this thing!  I cut off most of the original long sleeves to turn them into cap sleeves, put in darts at the armscye, side front, and side back, took the sides seams in by about 9", brought up the armscye so it was more on top of the shoulder, took up a few inches at the shoulder seam, shortened and curved the hem, moved the patch pocket on the chest from one side to another, and added lots of embellishment.  I think it looks pretty good though, compared to what it was before, which was this:            

A close-up of my team member name, "Screamer", with appliques of fruit and a bee (it's an inside joke).  

 A close-up of the team patch and safety pin detailing.  Team Static Cling (fabric + electricity) lost, but we had a lot of fun anyway!        

EDIT:  Sorry guys, I don't know why the pictures are all wonky!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009 11:55:56 AM by clacksou13 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
roccstarr75
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009 12:22:19 PM »

Ok even though this shirt came out super cute, my favorite thing is your team name and how ya'll came up with it!  GENIUS!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
 
Jump to:  



FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search



your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Royal Sunrise Pattern Part 5/8
How to Crochet a Royal Sunrise Pattern Part 4/8
How to Crochet a Raised Ridge Chevron Part 3/5
How to Crochet a Royal Sunrise Pattern Part 1/8
How to Crochet a Royal Sunrise Pattern Part 2/8
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping




Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...






Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Copyright ©2003-2015, Craftster.org an Internet Brands company.